Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Tue 27-Oct-20 06:11:08

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its dark but dry with some wind here in Brackley this morning .
Hopefully today will be a day of bus journeys to Buckingham and Bicester, and returning home to watch the Vuelta cycle race on TV .
I had read yesterday increases in Spain may lead to it being cancelled .
Take Care ,
Mick

Marydoll Tue 27-Oct-20 16:11:42

She decided to no longer post.

catwoman Tue 27-Oct-20 15:57:27

What has happened to Brunette 10?
Miss her daily write up.

EllanVannin Tue 27-Oct-20 13:56:18

Good Afternoon All x.
Damp, grey and a bit cool today, as I noticed first thing when I had to fly out for cat food from the local shop.
Everything went to pot yesterday after sitting waiting for phone-calls. I couldn't put my mind to anything.

The hearing was first at 10 then 2pm and finally at 4pm !. I'd had enough by then and just sat here waiting for the outcome. Anyway after all that, there will be a review in 6 months time because of GD's mental health, as although the judge appeared to have been on her side, he preferred to see a better improvement in her health in order to take on all her children, safely.

This lockdown and being in tier 3 isn't helping her situation and this has had a knock-on effect all round within the family, though there's little I can do, for originally I was going to have the older ones here for their teas after school so that D could finish her hours at work but because of the blasted virus this hasn't been possible.

It's this helpless feeling that I can't handle as it leaves me frustrated because I was never one to let things lie without doing something about it.
Thursday all the children are meeting up together with their mum and GD's MH carer will be assessing her reactions and interactions and this is how things will continue. My D will be there too.
Apparently contact hadn't been enough and that didn't go down very well with the judge. Those children lost their dad as well as their mum !

My concern is with Ruby-Lou in Durham where no-one's allowed to visit and her future is uncertain in a unit costing the local authority thousands for her one to one treatment with none of its kind nearer to home. Not that we're not grateful but it's expensive treatment and we know that everyone pulled out all the stops over and above.

Anyway, thankfully all the children are doing well and are in good health and happy which is the main thing right now.

Step-D and I had a good long talk when she rang me yesterday early evening---over 3 hours in fact but it didn't feel like it as we reminisced over past Christmas's which were happy ones with all of us playing games, as you did. She said she had happy memories and wished things had remained the same.

How nice to see BlueSapphire's posts again. It's always good to see that things are picking up enough to show an improvement in health. Now we want to see Gilly back in the fold, even just a few words for starters will do. Not everyone's lives are a bed of roses at the moment, Gilly. x I understand it's been a pig of a year so far. flowers

Hope everyone stays fit and well to enjoy the day as best you can. Thankyou to those for your kind thoughts. xx
Take care and stay safe.

bonfirebirthday Tue 27-Oct-20 13:43:40

Good afternoon from a very wet and windy North Hertfordshire. I went out for a walk this morning (fresh air and all that) and was soaked in a very heavy downpour. At least it proved my new macintosh is completely waterproof as advertised.

baubles Tue 27-Oct-20 13:37:37

Love your pinny! lovebeigecardigans1955

Janiepops Tue 27-Oct-20 13:31:14

Oh my goodness Kalu, that is absolutely stunning.
Thankyou for sharing. Xx

Kalu Tue 27-Oct-20 12:01:59

I’m sorry to read you have had a rotten few months Bluesapphire. You really were missed and I hope you feel if you have any down days, remember, we all have them just now and upbeat posts help to keep us all up. We all need a vent though and you have friends here who will understand and identify with how you are feeling. The bubble formed with your DD is a great idea.

I meant to post our sunrise this morning so, will do so now.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 27-Oct-20 12:00:13

Blimey, that took ages. I 'sort of' took inspiration from Mrs Hall in All Creatures Great and Small. The book is 'Home Sweet Home by Jane Cumberbatch. I need a cup of tea now.

Sar53 Tue 27-Oct-20 11:58:01

Good morning, just, from a wet and miserable Essex by the sea. It's how I'm feeling right now but trying to snap out of it. We have a problem with a neighbour that's making me very anxious.
Anyway enough of my worries.
BlueSapphire lovely to see you posting again. I wish you well flowers.
We've been out this morning and bought some wallpaper to decorate our bedroom. Nothing planned for the rest of the day.
Enjoy the rest of Tuesday xx

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 27-Oct-20 11:56:56

I'm not sure if I've done this right Grandmafrench but here goes. Much gnashing of teeth. The instructions were abysmal so I had to work it out myself. I added a panel to the front and put longer ties as it's easier to do up at the front.

BlueSapphire Tue 27-Oct-20 11:46:20

Good morning from a wet and grey Northampton.

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes. I will just say that it has been a very bad few months (all due to fear of Covid, lockdown, being on my own, and various health issues), but I think I am coming out of it now. I would look on here and wonder whether to post, but most seemed to be upbeat and positive, and I would be down in the depths and think it was only me feeling like that. I never ever thought I would be someone who needed help.

One thing that has helped is (at the suggestion of a GP), forming a bubble with my daughter, and now I spend most weekends with them. It helps me feel 'normal' and gives me much-needed company and confidence. I cannot thank DD and her husband enough. Sadly I am unable to see much of my DS and his family as he is a key worker in London, and my GDs are back at school; DS deems it too risky for me.

My neighbours and friends have been wonderful, always at the end of the phone.

Just had a coffee (and a Kit-Kat!) and taken a teabread out of the oven. No real plans for the rest of the day. I usually try to get out for a walk, but not in this weather! I have loads of recordings to catch up on, a pile of magazines to read, plus plenty of books. My DD lent me a load of Agatha Christie Poirot and Marple books, which I am now hooked on (had never read her before). Plus I must think of something to write for book-club this week; we conduct our meetings via email these days.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 27-Oct-20 11:33:00

Good Morning all from a dreich Harrogate. Well this morning has already been a daymare. I had a problem with an email address last night, so this morning phoned KnowHow a helpline I subscribe to to keep my MacBook, Ipad and Iphone, and DH's PC working! They couldn't find my subscri-ption which is £70 per year. They managed to sort it all out and my email problem - Phew!!
After that my mind has gone blank as to what I shall do for the rest of the day - had hoped to take a trip to Ripon, but not so sure in the rain!
KnowHow have just phoned back because of another problem I was having - hopefully now it will be all Hunky Dory!!
Looking forward to the next episode of Sister tonight -exciting, isn't it??
Loved your cloud photos Taichinan. DH tells me there is turbulence up there!!
Chins up everyone - Keep well.

Taichinan Tue 27-Oct-20 11:07:24

Maw I never remember the names of cloud formations either, except for cumulo nimbus (because I like the sound of it!!). This morning's one I only know is caused by strong winds at a very high level. Lovely to look at though! As long as the winds stay up there!!

Stilllearning Tue 27-Oct-20 10:53:27

Morning from a smirry but mild S Lanarkshire. Haven’t had time to read the posts yet but I know that’ll take me ages so I’ll read them shortly with my coffee. Put the car in for its MOT this morning and walked the three miles back since I’m trying to stick to the no car sharing rule. I hope the forecast rain isn’t too heavy for the return journey!
I picked up a load of Christmas cards from the Hospice shop on the way home so that’s another task I can start putting off! I did glimpse that beautiful sky Taichinan, great picture. Good wishes to everyone for a peaceful day.

Grandmabatty Tue 27-Oct-20 10:51:38

Grandmafrench what a lovely surprise! That reminds me of a dear friend and her husband. When we were younger and I was still married, we used to visit them for a weekend and vice versa. The weekend of Band Aid in 1985 they visited us. It was such a wonderful time. The weather was fantastic and we stayed up talking (and supping wine) all night. Happy Times.

Grandmafrench Tue 27-Oct-20 10:47:12

I forgot, sorry. Welcome gypsyqueen and thank you, we need more compost. And NannyTopsy that knee...poor you. Hope your GP will push to get to the bottom of it. Your Clothkits comment made me feel nostalgic. I was a customer years ago when they were based in Lewes, Sussex. Bet the little coat will be fabulous - and of course something you can do sitting down at present! Don’t forget a photo when it’s done?
lovebeige a 40’s pinny? Bet you’re pleased with it. Does it have a frill? Photo maybe, please?

Grandmafrench Tue 27-Oct-20 10:39:00

Good Morning everyone. Weather here warm, dry, sunny in S of France.

I’m here GrannyOwl thank you for asking, but have had a lovely, if slightly surreal few days!

Sunday late afternoon had a surprise call from an old friend. Not spoken through lockdown so lots to catch up on. She called about 4pm and I took an hour’s break for supper at 7. We resumed our chat around 8pm. At 11 DH went to bed....at 4.30am.......seriously......he appeared in the sitting room and asked if I’d like some tea! Ooooooh the shame - but as I said, we’re old friends and had a bit of catching up to do! (I got my tea ?)

Unfortunately, I’d not taken into account that we were due for lunch at friends at 12.30! Not the best day to be getting up and on. So, yesterday we turned up - on time - and surprisingly I felt quite fired up for some good company. The 4 of us sat in the garden and enjoyed a delicious meal. The dogs played, the heat was just right, the bees buzzed and all was perfect. Fortunately, due to the new (for us) curfew, we had to be home early, so With my batteries failing, I went to bed at 9pm and slept the clock round. A calm day is forecast for us both, I think. Maybe acting our age and not our shoe size, for a change! It was mad, but just what I needed. Like most people, I was having wobbly moments since this “thing” is just going on and blimmin’ on......

Georgesgran, rioting in the supermarket? I love it. Bet you were just having one of those days. Hoping so much that your DH gets his treatment. Beech whatever it is, hope it’s soon resolved. Stay strong. Scentia you’re naughty running around in the dark......I can see the Pooch-in-Charge disapproves!

Glad your little ducks are never far away, Urms. BlueSapphire 3 cheers for you...keep going, baby steps, you’ll get there. x

Ann hope it’s getting easier and Cherry hope you’re not having problems.

Let’s make a solemn promise to grin and bear it, folks. No Vile Virus threats are going to break us Grans. Stay safe.

Warm hugs from French ?? France

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 27-Oct-20 10:14:38

Morning all from a damp and dreary South Notts. The weather may be dreary but we don't have to be, do we? I've started on a bit of housework and will get the vacuum out later. Then I'll get on with the sewing. I've made a 1940s style pinny of which I am inordinately proud. If anyone says that it's old fashioned I simply do not care.
Hope today is kind to everyone especially those who are sad or ill, not forgetting our absentees.

Georgesgran Tue 27-Oct-20 09:43:27

Good morning from Durham. Grey, but dry for now. DD1 coming with DCG soon. DH has to ring GP late morning about yesterday’s blood tests to see if he’s able to have his chemo this afternoon.
Sainsbury’s last night and I don’t know what was worse - setting the door alarms off, putting my hand through a rotten pumpkin or knocking 2 dozen eggs off the display!

Hope everyone has the best day today-special thoughts to the ‘strugglers’. X

Nannytopsy Tue 27-Oct-20 09:43:17

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
It’s grey in Suffolk and we are forecast yet more rain. It’s our WI at lunchtime in the village pub but DH will have to drive me as my knee is too painful to drive safely.
I saw the GP yesterday and she was non-commital but has sent me for x-rays which will be on Friday.
Since I can’t garden, I will start DGD’s clothkits jacket this morning.
I will go and read yesterday’s GM to see how BlueSapphire is getting on. I hope the day is kind to everyone.

MawB2 Tue 27-Oct-20 09:41:05

Stunning pic Taichinan! There’s a name for that sort of cloud formation isn’t there? Wish I could remember what it is! ???

Gypsyqueen13 Tue 27-Oct-20 09:39:51

Good morning all from wet Wiltshire. I am popping out shortly for my blood donation appt. hope to pick up some compost too as I want to plant my sweet pea seeds. I am trying them in root trainers as Monty recommends them. Stay safe and well everyone

Jaxjacky Tue 27-Oct-20 09:23:38

Stunning Taichinan ??

GrannyOwl5 Tue 27-Oct-20 09:16:59

What a great photo Taichinan! Worth seeing at least twice ?

Taichinan Tue 27-Oct-20 09:12:46

I hope the photo goes this time and that it doesn't go twice!