Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(68 Posts)
12Michael Wed 28-Oct-20 06:15:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley slight wind, and dry here in Brackley .
Yesterdays trip out went to plan , and am starting to prepare to xmas stuff in present form .
Today , small shop ,and then an easy day watching the Vuelta from Spain later .
Interesting thing as to Facebook , I responded to an article, and got a like , so I contacted the person with a message , knowing of the family when they lived at Towcester , it was the mother of the girlfriend of Tao who won the Giro , apparently still in a buzz since his race win .
Take Care ,
Mick

Urmstongran Wed 28-Oct-20 18:04:24

What gorgeous nails Bellasnana! I can’t imagine anyone having such patience to produce nail art like that. Perfect theme chosen by your granddaughter too.
❤️

Taichinan thank you for your kind words. You are a love.

supernanauna1 Wed 28-Oct-20 13:09:38

Morning all from a dry but cold West London.

Just been onto the vet about my Shih-Tzu. The groomer tells me that his back dew claws have grown into the flesh and have to be removed. The vet has to see him first before giving me a price so lord only knows how much this will cost. But if he's in pain then I have no choice.

I've been trying to reinstate my Facebook page which I haven't used for years. Of course I've forgotten the password but when I try to set a new one it says my email address is unverified. I don't know where to go from there. Sometimes I hate computers!

Good wishes to you all and to all those who are not posting at the moment - I'm thinking of you - feel as if I know you - and sending you all a warm hug.

U.

Grandmabatty Wed 28-Oct-20 12:54:04

I'm loving the nails Bellasnanna

Taichinan Wed 28-Oct-20 11:56:08

Lovely nails Bellasnana, and a very handsome scarecrow Annapops.

EllanVannin Wed 28-Oct-20 11:25:27

How beautiful are those nails, Bellasnana. Mine were the same ( well just painted Magenta ) until I cut them and filed them the other day as one was broken so they all had to go. I love to see them though.

You've had a year and a half this year so far so hope the rest of the year stays settled for you. x flowers

Feelingmyage55 Wed 28-Oct-20 11:23:51

Good morning from a cool north of Scotland with an icy wind blowing. I’ve been to the dump after tidying the shed and cutting back shrubs in the garden. I was concerned the dump would close again so am trying to keep ahead of any further shutdown. I also filled up with petrol as there was no queue of holidaymakers and campervans, none of whom seem to have masks or heard of social distancing. I guess they just feel on holiday and relaxed. Grump over. I had coffee and cake in the garden with my neighbour yesterday as there was a warm spell in the afternoon. We laughed so much and I slept better for having had some human interaction and maybe it was the two slices of homemade cake she brought over. Wishing you all a peaceful day.

Borrheid55 Wed 28-Oct-20 11:16:30

Good morning all from Kent. Beginning to brighten up, hope it lasts! Funny thing happened yesterday - a letter arrived addressed to “Parent or guardian of Mrs *********”. The letter was (for a follow up appointment at hospital) was headed “Dear parent or guardian of ******.” Please bring your child to reception etc.
I rang the number given to check whether I had been given an appointment in a paediatric clinic. The secretary was lovely. Discovered it’s a general clinic, and my appointment is by telephone anyway!
I did email my nearly 89 year old mummy to tell her I had opened her letter. She replied asking when she needs to make travel plans- she lives near Marydoll !
I did offer to come out of retirement to deliver some training for the hospital appointments team,( I was a management consultant for 25 years) secretary said she will call if needed! Did make me laugh.
Quiet day planned. DH is on holiday from work next week so need to think up some jobs for him. His birthday is 5 November but no visits to displays this year.
Have a good day

Marydoll Wed 28-Oct-20 11:04:13

Bellasnana ?

Annapops Wed 28-Oct-20 11:02:56

Good morning from a damp County Durham once again.

Beautiful nails Bellasnana, and congratulations regarding your God daughters new baby.

Yesterday's trip to see the scarecrow worked out well as our timed entry hit a dry spell during the day. The GC had put on their Halloween costumes so there was lots of excitement all round.

Boring housework today and a little rest and relaxation later after the hustle and bustle of the day before.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Jaxjacky Wed 28-Oct-20 11:00:09

Bellasnana lovely nails, I wouldn’t keep that on for 5 minutes, thoughtful and clever design too.

dragonfly46 Wed 28-Oct-20 10:47:19

Wow Bellasnana your nails are amazing. My DD always has her nails painted in weird and wonderful ways. I may try it because since I have been taking calcium and Vitamin D my nails are hards as ........!

hollysteers Wed 28-Oct-20 10:46:55

Good morning Mick and all from Windy Way on the west coast. I must clear the kitchen a bit today as I have new lino (is it called Lino now?)? a new floor coverings anyway laid tomorrow. I’m glad something is happening as yesterday I thought the level 3 restrictions were sending me a bit dotty. I felt rather strange and tearful, dwelling on the past etc and missing all the activities and people. Very unhealthy. Not helped by the howling gales and rain on my shopping trip. I can’t seem to summon up the energy or motivation but I’m sure that’s true for many.
Thoughts to the worried.

Taichinan Wed 28-Oct-20 10:38:49

Good morning everybody. It's not such a bonny day today on the Angus coast and the black clouds are fast encroaching on the grey. A bit like me, really. I have a tai chi class this evening - just five of us in total - which will be lovely. I'm getting quite good at fitting things into the short time available, although on Thursday mornings, with four classes in quick succession, it feels a bit like a shuttle bus service! These are my happy days and the rest of the week is so dull. I really should get out my paints again and do something constructive, even if it's just a mess.

I do love reading all the posts on here - about the haircuts and splashy GCs, and shopping and gardens, and new windows and doors. And the weather, of course from a' the arts - that's Scots speak for all around the country. It's lovely to hear that Annsixty is recovering well from her op, but sad that "Nannytopsy" and *Marydoll" have so much pain to bear. And then there are the stories from Spain and France which bring with them a sense of blue skies and sunshine. Have the happiest day you can everyone, and thank you for brightening mine ☺️??

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 28-Oct-20 10:25:12

Good Morning all from Sunny Harrogate (not for long). Well I feel the day is about over and it's not yet coffee time! Got a wash on in the hope.......... Got a stew going in the slow cooker. The man arrived to cut our hedges, but discovered all his tool had been nicked from his van!! So had to go home to phone the insurance company.
Yesterday DD1 turned up with GD, they'd been out and about and GD wanted a wee, so they came and stayed for a while. Not sure how the rest of my day is going, will maybe find out now DH is back from walking the dog
Please keep safe. and as well as possible.

Bellasnana Wed 28-Oct-20 10:07:33

Good morning from Malta where we have sun and blue skies but oh how windy it is! I won’t be venturing out unless it drops or I shall be blown off my feet!

Yesterday, went to a funeral. Only a hundred allowed in the church so there were many of us standing outside in the wind and rain. Not much social distancing taking place but DD3 and I tried our best to keep back from the throng.
The deceased was only 56. Died very suddenly on Friday. He was the father of DD3’s ex boyfriend.

My goddaughter woke me with happy news on Monday, after a very difficult pregnancy and a traumatic emergency c section, she has had a baby girl. Some good news for a change.

Had my nails done yesterday. My DGD (aged 9) always creates a design for me and I go along with whatever she comes up with. Very thankful it wasn’t Thanksgiving turkeys since she’s in the US and it’s a big thing for November.

She did a poppy theme ‘lest we forget’. I’ll add a photo.

Have a good day all.☀️

GrandmasueUK Wed 28-Oct-20 10:03:02

Good morning Mick and all who follow, from a bright Greater Manchester.
I'm awaiting a couple of parcels so I can start making cards for Ch......s. I've also ordered a couple of cushions to go on our new sofa. My OH put up a new curtain rail a couple of weeks ago which was accidentally pulled down. I'd spent 2 days shortening new curtains which looked lovely but now,at night he hoists the curtain and rail and I grit my teeth and say nothing. He bought another rail last weekend which is awaiting fitting. I wish I could climb ladders and do it myself but I have to wait until he's in the mood!
Another day of pootling and faffing about waiting for chemist to phone about flu vaccination later. Oh joy, an outing.
Hope everyone with ills or worries has as peaceful a day as possible. Stay safe. flowers

Marydoll Wed 28-Oct-20 09:55:36

Baubles, I hope it doesn't come to that.
My husband and I were trying to work out why it hadn't been suggested that Glasgow goes into Tier 4, but you are, in Lanarkshire.

GrannyOwl5 Wed 28-Oct-20 09:33:03

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is dry and bright, but suspect that will change during the day.
DH has shot off to the allotment to do a few bits before the rain comes and I am left in charge of the washing machine; not sure if I am up to the responsibility! May have a visit from DD and two GSs later and might have a wander in the park across the road to indulge in a bit of conker hunting.
The main excitement for the day is the arrival of the Asda delivery later. Quite a big one this week as have ordered a few extras for C******s just in case of lockdowns although we are still on Tier 1 at the moment.
Have still got the jigsaw and painting to complete so they will keep me occupied; I like to have a “plan for the day” even if it’s something mundane like doing the laundry or sweeping the leaves. It gives a focus to the day and stops me being grumpy and as DH says, anything is better than that!
Lovely to read your post BlueSapphire; great to have you back. Hope those with worries or illnesses have the best day they can and the rest have a good Wednesday. Stay safe

baubles Wed 28-Oct-20 09:29:34

baubles is tier 4 complete lockdown?’

Gingster yes, more or less. I’m really hoping it doesn’t come to that.

Susan56 Wed 28-Oct-20 09:21:21

Good morning from Shropshire where the weather is alternating between torrential rain and bright sunshine.

Another day of nothing very much planned today.We need to think of some winter projects.We did a lot of sorting and decorating during lockdown so not much to do really.We’ll think of something!

Ellan,I hope your granddaughter can find the strength she needs to be able to look after her little family again and that as well as all the love and support she gets from her family that she gets the professional support she needs too?

Sar,sorry you are having trouble with your neighbour?

Have a good day all and stay safe.

GrannySomerset Wed 28-Oct-20 09:20:33

Bright and breezy this morning before the rain from the west sweeps in later. Friends coming for coffee and a welcome chat - must see people while we can, because I foresee tighter regulations on the horizon, and only seeing one another did neither of us any good. We need ordinary human interactions to keep us cheerful.

Grammaretto Wed 28-Oct-20 09:19:57

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. It's not raining but maybe about to. Washing in or out?

DH is in hospital but we are hoping to get him home soon and I can visit later today. One named visitor for a max of one hour seems to be the rule here.
Our DS went yesterday and said the place was a fortress - as it should be.
Have as good a day as possible everybody and if you need a tester for your onion marmalade, Pantglas send some here!

Great to see you again Bluesapphire

Mapleleaf Wed 28-Oct-20 09:18:44

Good morning everyone,

It's a better morning than yesterday with a bit of sunlight popping out between the clouds, but it feels a lot cooler. The forecast is for rain later in the morning, however.

I feel much better for getting my hair cut yesterday - it looks tamed again. ?

Mary Berry has some lovely teabread recipes doesn't she BlueSapphire? I made her banana loaf recipe on Sunday and it's very tasty.

Well, as usual, take care everyone and especially thinking of our absent posters. ?

Beauregard Wed 28-Oct-20 09:01:23

Good morning from Derbyshire where it's dry and bright.

This morning I'm going to finish my bulb planting as we have a narrow window of opportunity in between all the rain that is forecast this week.

The covid prisoners are doing ok. Still only SIL has it, so it looks like DD and the boys have got away with it. He is expected back at work on Monday but DD and boys are still quarantined until Wednesday. Her school want her to teach using zoom on Monday and Tuesday, which could prove interesting with her 5 and 6 year old boys at home in the background. It could be a bit Morecambe and Wise-esque methinks.

Hope everyone is well and has a good day today.

Anniebach Wed 28-Oct-20 08:56:42

Good morning Auntyflo and all x