Gransnet forums

Chat

Beware the lockdown tidy up.

(34 Posts)
Callistemon Fri 30-Oct-20 10:41:27

I radicalised our Christmas decorations last year and decided that they would not go back into the attic; they're in a spare room wardrobe.
However, we still need to get into the attic and clear it.

inishowen Fri 30-Oct-20 10:26:44

I have decluttered every part of my house. I love it. I might go through Christmas decs today and get them to the charity shop. Now is the time they sell them.

GrammarGrandma Fri 30-Oct-20 10:22:07

I love the idea of radicalised Christmas decorations. They seem appropriate for 2020.

JaneA Fri 30-Oct-20 10:20:03

Froglady - I need a leaf from your book.......

Omits01 Fri 30-Oct-20 10:19:36

Take too long in our house. We need a skip!

Froglady Fri 30-Oct-20 10:05:37

I'm very pleased that I did a lot of decluttering during both lockdowns and haven't missed one thing that I passed onto charity shops or through Freecycle. I have got a lot more space now and everything looks so much neater and cleaner - no piles of stuff and drawers full to bursting point.

TwinLolly Fri 30-Oct-20 10:04:27

DH and I helped mum move last year and .... many Xmas decorations "somehow" disappeared during the move.wink

vampirequeen Thu 29-Oct-20 15:49:50

Oh dear grin

kittylester Thu 29-Oct-20 15:45:20

I have just had a mild panic trying to locate the Christmas decorations.

In the Great Lockdown Tidy we moved stuff around, chucked stuff out, bought new stuff and rearrange the rest.

The local village community group has asked for donations of decorations for their tree in the Christmas festival.

Knowing we always have loads of unused lights I offered some. I went to see what was there and not only the lights were missing so was the flipping blanket box they were stored in.

Eventually found the decorations but much radicalised and NO spare lights to donate. blush Oops!