Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sun 01-Nov-20 06:16:08

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark ,wet, and windy this morning here in Brackley .
Yesterdays trip went to plan , had a coffee in Bicester ,and the cafe and bakery staff were dressed as witches , did my shop after getting another gift card , caught bus back to Buckingham no flea market weather wise , had a large breakfast , visited a shop next door and got something, then bused home .
Watched the Vuelta ,and then got a Chinese , weighed myself this morning weight wise back to normal .
Take care,
Mick

grandMattie Sun 01-Nov-20 06:22:58

Good morning from dark windy E Kent.
Must have been fun to see so many ghouls and witches, Mick. Shame about flea market.
Not looking forward to the new restrictions. Will life ever approach normal again?
DH enjoyed Wall to wall rugby yesterday with the desired result of England winning the cup, albeit 6 months late.
Enjoyed my rather elementary patchwork course yesterday. One every fortnight. Might carry on with them, for tips and hints.
Nothing today. Virtual church, perhaps DD will be preaching. Roast chicken for dinner.
Hope you have a good day. Stay safe.

Ashcombe Sun 01-Nov-20 06:28:56

Good morning, everyone!

Another wet, windy one here in Torbay.

Well, our socially distanced, Covid secure performance went really well with some talented actors and an appreciative audience. As there was no admission charge, we had a bucket collection which raised over £300 to be divided between the theatre and a local homeless charity.

It will be a few more weeks (months?) before anything else can be staged. I’m sure all of us on Gransnet will help to keep spirits up during this grim November of lockdown.

Take care and stay well.

MissChateline Sun 01-Nov-20 06:50:59

Good morning from a damp West Yorkshire. Happy to announce that my kitchen is finally finished. 2 months of work, mess and chaos not to mention not being able to make a decent meal. If I never see a pitta bread filled with a tin of sardines ever again it won’t be too soon!
Hopefully I will get my morning walk through the woods and meet a friend later this afternoon.

baubles Sun 01-Nov-20 06:59:06

Good morning Mick, that sounds like a good day. Morning all from a dark, wet and windy South Lanarkshire.

I’m sorry to hear that England is going back into lockdown, it will be so much more difficult in gloomy November. I suspect Scotland or at least my area won’t be far behind.

I think I’ll do a spot of ironing this morning while catching up with the Archers Omnibus then who knows? Probably not much more than a bit of online Christmas shopping before cooking the chicken for dinner.

Have the best day you can and take care of yourselves.

NfkDumpling Sun 01-Nov-20 07:04:55

Morning All

A grey, damp and very squally day here in the north of Norfolk.

Looking at the forecast to see whether to sort out our little boat today, we'd hoped to wait for a nice day and DH may decide Wednesday is cutting it a bit fine! She's due to be lifted out in a couple of weeks and we won't be able to get onto her.

Enjoy your kitchen MissChateline!

Dwmxwg Sun 01-Nov-20 07:10:03

Good morning all from a dry but windy north Surrey
We and dog got soaked on yesterday’s walk, bucketed down for the last 10 minutes and Freddie decided to roll in large muddy puddle. He is now a very clean golden retriever, he doesn’t enjoy the shampoo and blow dry but he tolerates it! Thank goodness I invested in a tumble dryer last year - for the towels not dog?
The DGC all looked adorable in their Halloween outfits, 2 year old couldn’t understand why she couldn’t come in to granny and grandads house but we managed to smooth over with no tears.
Today will be a fairly quiet morning. Am making a list of November challenges to keep me sane and positive over lockdown (love my lists). Then off to work for a late shift.
Happy Sunday all

Dwmxwg Sun 01-Nov-20 07:16:28

How lovely your kitchen is finished MissChateline, makes all the upheaval worthwhile

dragonfly46 Sun 01-Nov-20 07:21:50

Good morning from wet and windy Leicestershire.

Had a lovely walk in sunshine yesterday afternoon. We are going to try the same today.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Beauregard Sun 01-Nov-20 07:28:32

Good morning all from Derbyshire. Less rain today (until this evening) but I fear the strong winds might delay my gardening plans again.

Not much planned today. A walk up to check the horses this afternoon. One of them is on box rest at the moment and I worry about them all with the fireworks at this time of year, very stressful for them. Also some picking at the veg garden. Roast beef for dinner later.

Hope everyone is feeling well today. Thoughts for those with worries or illness to contend with flowers

MawB2 Sun 01-Nov-20 07:30:16

Good morning all from grey (again) N Bucks.
Halloween came and went without any disturbance last night but guess what? The fireworks started! ?? poor Hattie - she really suffers, pacing around non-stop, panting, hyperventilating - but that’s a whole other topic on another thread!
I am looking forward to a visit from D and Flynn for a couple of nights - while they still can- as he has completed his 2 week self isolation, poor little boy. It’s hard to explain to a 4 year old why he can’t even go to the playground or for a walk on the Marshes.
Fingers crossed it stays fair here.
The prospect of this November is a bit bleak but that’s how it is and I hope you will all find it bearable and, for all our sakes, worthwhile.
Wishing you a peaceful day.

Bellasnana Sun 01-Nov-20 07:33:51

Good morning and ‘white rabbits!’ from Malta. We are enjoying lovely weather at the moment, long may it last.

No plans today other than a few jobs around the house.

Hope you all have the best day you can.☀️

Pittcity Sun 01-Nov-20 07:35:22

Good morning from a grey, breezy but warm Colchester. 18° today.
DS is popping in to pick up some of his stuff (X box) as he's going to be confined to Barracks for a month. He can't stay for roast chicken as DH is still isolating.?
Our lockdown has already started.

cornergran Sun 01-Nov-20 07:36:07

Morning Mick, morning All. No change in our corner of Somerset, Grey, wet and windy. Envious of your sunshine dragonfly, enjoy your walk. Some faffing in the kitchen this. morning for our meal, will give it a clean when I’ve finished making a mess, if the rain stops will do a little outside tidying. Enjoy your new kitchen MissChateline, they do take an age, worth it though. Look after yourselves everyone, it seems we’ve more adjusting to do in England. Special thoughts for those with worries and heavy hearts.

Beechnut Sun 01-Nov-20 07:36:32

Good Morning everyone from a grey and wet Severnside.

Have you decided on your first meal MissChateline?

I must admit to feeling gloomy about the lockdown when it was announced even though the news channel had been banging on about it all day. My daughter is coming today so I shall treasure that although I think bubbles are still allowed.

Christmas will be Christmas, just a bit different.

Have a cheery day all and take care ?

Sar53 Sun 01-Nov-20 07:43:04

Good morning from a very blowy Essex by the sea.
We also had wall to wall rugby on yesterday, not my favourite sport but we had tickets to see the Wales /Scotland game back in March but it was cancelled 24 hours beforehand. We were already in Wales and had a lovely weekend.
I have promised to go and watch DH's grandsons play rugby this morning. It might be the last time for some while.
Cross Stitch for me this afternoon.
The news isn't what we would want to hear but we have to make the most of it.
Kind thoughts to you all and stay safe xx

ginny Sun 01-Nov-20 07:43:20

Good Morning all. As Maw says it is grey, wet and windy here in N. Bucks.
Dwmxwg.... I like the idea of setting yourself some challenges, might take that one up myself.
We have decided to use the imposed time inside this month to decorate the lounge and one of the bedrooms. We have all the paint etc.
Mother in Law and DD2 coming for lunch today.
Hope everyone find a smile today.

Susan56 Sun 01-Nov-20 07:46:59

Good morning from Shropshire where it is raining again.

We had a lovely day yesterday on our rail trip.The scenery was stunning and it was so lovely to see Yorkshire and Cumbria,two places that we visit every year but not this year obviously.The weather was mixed so difficult to get any decent photographs.

Mary, I would definitely say book your trip for next year.We felt really safe on the train.Screens between each set of seats,sanitiser on every table.The Flying Scotsman would be a brilliant day out.

We were out of wifi range all day so got home yesterday evening to hear about the lockdown.I am determined to channel my inner Pollyanna and keep positive?I can cope with the lockdown but am so anxious about the virus.

Dragonfly, I hope all goes well for you tomorrow, will be thinking of you?

Also thinking of Grammaretto and her DH? Cherry and Mary?

Have the best day you can everybody and stay safe.Thank goodness for Mick’s good morning thread for the chat,care and support in these uncertain times.Cheers Mick?

NannyJan53 Sun 01-Nov-20 07:48:13

Good morning from a dull and gloomy Black Country (in more ways than one)

Life won't change an awful lot for me this month, except my Monday walking for health group will not be meeting I assume, or my U3A canal group. These only recently re-started! Partner has got into the habit of going food shopping on his own, so I will have no reason to go out much. At least I can visit Mum as she is in our bubble. Cannot even visit family in the garden though.

My partners daughter in Bristol informed us yesterday she has tested positive. She says she just feels like it is a mild cold, but she has lost her sense of taste. She is 25.

It's difficult with the little ones Maw to explain why life is not the same at the moment. My 9 year old DGD, was upset the other day about not having the family together for Christmas.

Going to make 2 new recipes today. Hazelnut and Apricot stuffing for the chicken tonight. Also, Nigellas Marzipan Loaf, as it looks fairly easy.

Wishing you all a good day. With special thoughts of gilly and anyone with worries for health issues flowers

brook2704 Sun 01-Nov-20 07:52:41

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cold, wet and very windy. I’m watching the trees from my bedroom window, it definitely looks wild out there
Nothing planned for today except a Skype call this evening with my brother who lives in Mexico. They sit by the pool in T-shirts and sunhats and we’re sat wrapped up warm on the sofa in front of the fire!
Yesterday we popped round to see the DGC dressed in their Halloween costumes, they were planning a little party at home.
Feeling for everyone facing new lockdown restrictions, November is going to be a tough month to get through?
Hope everyone can find something to enjoy today, even just a little thing. Take care all whatever the day brings ?

Elizabeth1 Sun 01-Nov-20 07:54:35

Good morning everyone from a very dreich east coast of Fife. It rained loads throughout the night I could here it battering on my bedroom window. I’ll be very pleased when my triple glazed windows have been put in hoping outside noise stays outside.Cereal with a little warm milk today and those lovely fresh strawberries my ds brought in for me. Hoping for a relaxing day today yesterday was extremely tense after trying out the exercise bike I did a good many squats and sitting out as said by my lovely Irish physio I politely told him I was sitting up not sitting out ( in that weatherwink I’m still doing my daily regime as detailed by my physio less the bike ride perhaps I’ll be on the bike on Friday when he comes back again. I’m so looking forward to going to Aberdeen on Tuesday to see my family and getting wee boy hugs smile have a good day everyone be kind to yourself and others

Urmstongran Sun 01-Nov-20 08:08:13

Sun’s up here! ?

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another gorgeous start to the day ?

1st November eh?

I slept in. We had a delicious retirement anniversary dinner last night down on the marina and we’re home well before the 11pm curfew.

I’m enjoying my first cuppa of the day on the balcony. No cardigan needed this morning as I look out. The palm trees are like statues in the morning sun. It’s quiet, pretty and peaceful.

Himself has the Grand Prix to watch at 1pm then Man. Utd have a match at tea time. He’s had to forgo the Rangers game at the bar as that falls in the middle of those two and he wouldn’t have enough time to get back up.
⚽️?

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. I shall enjoy reading all your posts now. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Whitewavemark2 Sun 01-Nov-20 08:09:49

When in November are you coming home ug? Not a very good homecoming☹️.

kittylester Sun 01-Nov-20 08:10:37

Morning all my bit of Leicestershire is just the same as dragonfly's.

Luckily we have seen all 3 sets of dgc over the last week so will have that to keep us going for a while.

Roast pork, creamed cabbage, honey roast carrots and roast potatoes for a late lunch and then the papers and tv.

BlueSapphire Sun 01-Nov-20 08:20:47

Good morning and 'white rabbits' to all on this wet windy morning here in Northants.

Had a pleasant day yesterday watching wall to wall rugby with DD and DS-in-law and celebrating the England overall win. Although DS-in-law (albeit from Northern Ireland) was not happy with Ireland's performance in Paris. Enjoyed an Indian takeaway while watching the England match. DD and I will be watching a recording of Strictly this morning. I managed to finish my latest Agatha Christie yesterday in between the rugby, and now have the film to watch, which I recorded last week.

Nothing will change much for me during this lockdown as I am on my own anyway. Will go out on my usual lone walks, and get my Sainsburys delivery hopefully as usual. Fortunately will be able to continue to bubble with DD. I foresee lots of reading, puzzles and catching up on tv. I had a hair appointment booked for 1st December, which will not now take place, but I have already had an email to say they will contact me to re-arrange.

Good wishes to all for a safe November.