Gransnet forums

Chat

The Argy Bargy Bar...the lease has been secured!

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Sun 01-Nov-20 16:52:25

Well, fellow Argy Bargers, after some hard bargaining with
Moneybags Mike our landlord, I have managed to secure another short term lease.The scoundrel wanted ten pounds a month, but I showed him my maroon bloomers and he reduced it to seven pounds.Result!?

FannyCornforth Sun 29-Nov-20 19:01:01

Oh - and a lot of backcombing.

Doodle Mon 30-Nov-20 19:53:36

AGA thanks for getting me out. I’ve found my wand too.

I don’t think it’s Moaning Myrtle in the ladies I think it’s Thor, he’s been sampling some of lemon’s trial cocktails for Friday.

Fanny who are you coming as?

FannyCornforth Mon 30-Nov-20 20:08:53

Mad Eye Moody Doodle tchsmile

No backcombing required, or indeed much else in the way of theatrical bells and whistles.
'I woke up this way' - as the young 'uns say.

Doodle Mon 30-Nov-20 22:55:16

Gulp....that’s scary Fanny.
I’m trying some new spells, I think I’ve perfected the invisible one I just wave my wand like this and .........*Fanny*, Fanny where are you ?

FannyCornforth Tue 01-Dec-20 00:01:15

^^

Doodle Tue 01-Dec-20 20:19:34

grin ?

AGAA4 Wed 02-Dec-20 15:40:35

Did you make the poteen disappear Doodle? Or is that why the llamas are all lying in a heap on the cellar floor.
I told them off and Gnasher raised his hoof at me in a very rude gesture.

lemongrove Wed 02-Dec-20 20:25:56

What will you all be coming as on Friday? Are you arriving here by train or broom?
I shall put a hex on anyone who shirks the cleaning tomorrow, so be warned.⚡️

Doodle Wed 02-Dec-20 21:49:15

Oh AGA I’m sorry. Naughty Gnasher. Don’t do that to AGA or you won’t get the nice llama blanket I have made you for Christmas ?
You’d better make another brew quickly. lemon was talking of stealing the cauldron for drinks at Lemongrove Manor’s Christmas bash.
I think you’d better make a double lot and we could pour it into barrels. There are some in the back of the cellar that will do.

Doodle Wed 02-Dec-20 21:53:15

I am coming as Minerva McGonagall so if you see a strange cat ?‍⬛ walking around that’ll probably be me. I have arranged for Harry Potter to give me a lift on his Nimbus. ?

LauraNorder Thu 03-Dec-20 01:28:46

I know nothing about Harry Potter and co but will be pleased to give my broomstick an airing, just hope the rest of you don’t hog all the warts.

Doodle Thu 03-Dec-20 14:52:25

Good you are coming Laura we could do with another witch. Know any good spells that will clean the Argy so we don’t have to bother ?

AGAA4 Thu 03-Dec-20 16:18:25

I will come as Hermione Grainger but don't expect me to be as clever as she is. I haven't passed my exams in spells or potions so it may be a surprise when you taste the poteen shock. I hope I don't turn anyone into a toad or worse.

lemongrove Thu 03-Dec-20 16:52:33

Thor and Achilles are both coming as Harry Potter (apparently) which will be confusing.I’ve spent the day in the cellar with them both, experimenting.We now have three great new cocktails for Friday.
Quidditch Surprise: absinthe,cola,Cillit Bang ( that’s the surprise!) with a twist of lemon.
Hogwarts Horror: gin, Guinness,soda crystals and a dash of
Lime juice.
Muggles Revenge: whisky,sherry, Mr Muscle shower spray and a splash of pineapple juice.
I can personally recommend all of them, but can’t stand up and I may be going blind.

Doodle Thu 03-Dec-20 19:46:00

☄️?? ? aargh!, I can’t get my wand to work since I dropped it in the poteen. I wanted to arrive at the Argy and it dropped my in the river instead. I’m soaking wet now ?‍⬛

Doodle Thu 03-Dec-20 19:47:29

I’ll have a double Hogwarts Horror to warm me up please Lemon. ...........? my word that’s powerful.

ixion Fri 04-Dec-20 09:32:29

Oh Lor'
I hear that Hagrid is coming and bringing Norbert. Anything flammable in the Bar??
Who usually looks after the llamas? I think they might meet their bottom-biting come-uppance if Norbert starts on his fire breathing?

lemongrove Fri 04-Dec-20 20:05:50

The fire station crew over in the corner are in good rowdy form, they have practically drained us dry of Muggles Revenge ( hope they don’t get called out to any fires!)
What on earth has the Admiral come as ixion ....as you are the Harry Potter expert, you can tell us.
I like this Bellatrix outfit...very chic, is she any relation to Asterix or Getafix?

lemongrove Fri 04-Dec-20 20:07:35

Has anyone seen Reggie, my rich yacht owning beau? He went down to the cellar to inspect the llamas and hasn’t come back up again.?

LauraNorder Fri 04-Dec-20 20:15:11

Tooth of sailor, nail of llama,
Hair of Johnson and tie of Starmer.
In the cauldron, stir it well
Oh my god what an ‘orrible smell
Add Doodles bloomers and AGAs bra,
Lemons jewels, now that’s bizarre.
Poteen please Ixiom and cif please Fanny,
Now it’s green and steaming, that’s uncanny.
We’ll use it tomorrow to wash the floor
And all those stains will be no more.

LauraNorder Fri 04-Dec-20 20:18:18

Now that I’ve made a spell to take care of the cleaning can I have double Muggles Revenge please.

Doodle Fri 04-Dec-20 20:24:00

ixion my poor llamas. I’d better put an invisibility spell on them so Norbert doesn’t see them. Abracadabizzywizzykazm
..................hello, hello is anyone there? ??????. Oops ?

lemongrove Fri 04-Dec-20 20:27:21

Time for karaoke....I’m up first with I’ll put a spell on yoooou

Doodle Fri 04-Dec-20 20:30:56

Lemon don’t joke I think I’ve zapped everyone. What will we do ?

ixion Fri 04-Dec-20 21:20:35

It's no good doodle, I can hear you but not see you (like our early tellies in Muggleland). Haven't you got the accompanying instruction manual to magic us all back??

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion