Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Nov-20 06:14:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark windy and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Today , laundry plus some tidy up as there is no cycling on TV today , talking of TV Freeview are changing channels with some of them like Yesterday a retune required .
Take Care,
Mick

Jaxjacky Mon 02-Nov-20 07:29:02

Good morning all from a dark and blustery S Hants, hope Marydoll is ok, although I didn’t see the thread. Library and chemist today, pack another kitchen box, I’ve just read tradespeople can carry on working, so kitchen should go ahead. Meeting a friend for lunch and DS is due to visit later.
Wishing you all a calming day.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 02-Nov-20 07:30:51

Jaxjacky

Good morning all from a dark and blustery S Hants, hope Marydoll is ok, although I didn’t see the thread. Library and chemist today, pack another kitchen box, I’ve just read tradespeople can carry on working, so kitchen should go ahead. Meeting a friend for lunch and DS is due to visit later.
Wishing you all a calming day.

It’s still up and running!

Elizabeth1 Mon 02-Nov-20 07:34:34

Good morning from a more settled east coast of Fife, yesterdays weather was very stormy. Good news my little gs sore tummy was much better after 2 hospital visits we’re hoping to see him tomorrow when me and my DH visit Aberdeen for a short hotel stayover. I do worry so much. I was really in the doldrums last night thankfully we’ve had a brilliant sleep and it’s no wonder after doing so many squats to strengthen my legs and abs as advised by my physio. Today’s to be good we’re off on a short visit to st Andrews where my ds will be getting her flu jab thankfully we’ve had ours. I’m hoping my dentist gets in touch so that I can finish my treatment plan.

Everyone out there have a good day be kind to yourselves and others less fortunate. Virtual hugs to those I know wink

brook2704 Mon 02-Nov-20 07:40:06

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s grey and showers are forecast for later. More leaf clearing in the garden today
Hope all goes well today dragonfly and hope marydoll is feeling better after yesterday’s dreadful thread.
Please take care everyone and stay safe our there ?

Taichinan Mon 02-Nov-20 07:45:25

Good morning all. That's the sun just rising, but it's grey cloud on the Angus coast. Sorry to hear there's been more unpleasantness on another thread. Very upsetting for Marydoll. I hope your treatment goes well today Dragonfly. How lovely to see your goddaughter's baby Bella and to know she has arrived fit and well.

I had a lovely brunch with the Girls yesterday - I don't know when I last had a full cooked breakfast like that, and it was perfect! The drive over to Perth and back was lovely too - sunshine all the way and such beautiful scenery. And of course being with my lovely girls was just perfect - one of those days to remember and cherish. Oh, and I managed a sneaky wee look around M&S before we met up and somehow managed to come out with a new jumper. Happy days indeed!

Back to the mundane today with a trip to the post office as a highlight. But I see from my cosy bed that the sunrise is casting a peachy glow and there's blue sky emerging between the grey clouds, so maybe it won't be so bad. Please everybody have the best day you can, whether in lockdown or semi lockdown, and stay safe. ???

Nortsat Mon 02-Nov-20 07:45:42

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a windy, grey east London.

We have grocery delivery this morning and then two of our three cats have to go to the vet for their annual vaccinations. I am not looking forward to that .. Our vet is medically excused from wearing a mask but she wears one and full PPE as she ministers to animals. I am medically excused too, but I wear a mask for all interactions, so I’ll be gasping in the surgery.

Sending all good wishes to Dragonfly this morning. Hope Cherry had a decent night too.
Marydoll, hope you are well this morning.

We will continue ‘shielding in all but name’ throughout this latest phase of the lockdown.
Thinking of those facing challenges today.
Good morning gilly, incase you’re reading.
We must just all ‘dig deep’ and keep going. ‘Let’s be careful out there’. ?

Marydoll Mon 02-Nov-20 07:46:00

Good morning all, I just wanted to let you know I am OK, just feeling a bit ropey.

I just want to thank all who supported me and I apologise for not staying quiet and posters being dragged into the debacle.. I'm my own worst enemy and am embarrassed and also annoyed at myself.

After Friday's consultation with my RA consultant, I was at the lowest point I've been in years.
The blatant comments on the thread, just finished me off after my consultant had bluntly had told me if I contracted Covid I would die. I just felt hopeless at the thought of no human contact and to read of the total disregard of the guidelines in my own area, was the last straw.
However, as you all know I'm pretty resilient and I will pull myself together and get on with things, just not today!

Dragonfly I hope all goes well today, you have had a long, hard journey.?

The icing on the cake: the golf this morning has been cancelled at the last minute, so no empty for me!! It never rains but it pours, literally.

Please stay safe everyone, we need to look after each other.

Dwmxwg Mon 02-Nov-20 07:46:11

Good morning from north Surrey. A very windy night which seems to have calmed slightly. No rain forecast today.
Message this morning from DS’s partner asking for favour so am now meeting up with them to take DGD2 for walk in the pram whilst she takes DGD1 to toddler gym for last time before lockdown. Would I mind?! I think not, granny heaven ?
I am then off to mum and dad with my cleaning bits to give their home a once over.
I have peeped at some of these strange threads and steer well clear of commenting. I am all for a good face to face debate but you just don’t know who is behind some of these names. Didn’t see last night but I do know Marydoll you are always the voice of reason. I have not been a member of GN for that long but sounds like this infiltration is a fairly recent one, how sad.
Sending positive thoughts to all

Nannytopsy Mon 02-Nov-20 07:50:33

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
It’s still blowy here in Suffolk but there is enough blue sky to make a sailor a pair of trousers. It looks like a better week. DD & SiL are dropping in today to stay for a night. They are on a shortened visit to Norfolk in the camper. It was the last before winter comes.
We are making raan for dinner ( a marinated, curried leg of lamb) but a Tesco click and collect gave me a smaller piece of lamb than requested so there are other dishes to be made too. Never mind, there will be leftovers for tomorrow. ?
Good luck Dragonfly and best wishes Marydoll. I read it but bit my tongue. I wonder what today will bring?
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 02-Nov-20 07:50:33

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s a beautiful start to the day again. ?

No plans. No sport for Himself to get immersed into today so I think a stroll along the paseo after a late breakfast down in Juan’s would be lovely.

That was some weird thread last night.
?

I hope your appointment goes well dragonfly it’s good to know you’re getting this ‘belt and braces’ treatment.

Our daughter, a Covid warrior, is getting a sick note from her GP today. Week 5 and although she’s making progress (thankfully) it’s slow and she definitely needs longer to get herself right.

Hope Monday is kind to us all. Marydoll I do hope you’re okay this morning. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

NanKate Mon 02-Nov-20 07:55:06

Morning Mick and All.

Mostly grey with a tiny sliver of blue sky in South Bucks.

Thanks for the info Mick about Freeview.

Really sorry to hear Mary that there has been unkindness towards you somewhere on GN. You are one of our most popular posters and you deserve only the best. Hugs from me. ?

Changed my hair appointment to today because of the Lockdown.

Millie22 Mon 02-Nov-20 08:05:18

Hello everyone from leafy Leicestershire.

For Marydoll ???

I'm still sure that thread will soon be deleted.

NannyJan53 Mon 02-Nov-20 08:10:04

Good Morning from a cloudy but dry (for now) Black Country.

Walking for Health walk this morning. It is going to be the last one for a while I think, probably till the New Year at least.

Making chicken soup with the leftover chicken. The Walnut & Apricot stuffing I made was lovely, as was the Marzipan Loaf cake. Then I made an Apple and Blackberry crumble. I seemed to spend most of yesterday in the Kitchen!

I hope you are ok Marydoll, I read some of that post and it does seem odd. I resisted the temptation to post something

Pleased your DD is slowly improving Urmston it has been a worry for you these last few weeks. My partners daughter was tested positive a few days ago. Up to now she says she feels like it is a mild cold, but she has lost her sense of taste.

Wishing you all a lovely day.

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 02-Nov-20 08:13:20

Good morning from a very blustery N Hants. I’m so pleased to see your post Marydoll, just take it easy and look after yourself. I’m sure I’m not the only one who understands why you got involved yesterday, so don’t beat yourself up about it.

Gratefully I got a text bringing forward my haircut from Thursday to this morning, phew! Then an afternoon walk with a friend, if we can stay upright.

Good wishes winging their way to all who need them, especially of course Dragonfly.

Greyduster Mon 02-Nov-20 08:15:22

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Damp and dreary in South Yorkshire but at least the wind has dropped. We managed to finish off the bulb planting yesterday before the rain came in. Bedroom cleaning for me today and then a grapple with Windows 10! I expect it will be another case of Windows 10 - 1; Greyduster -0! Have the best day you can folks.

MawB2 Mon 02-Nov-20 08:16:07

Good morning all from wild and windy N Bucks.
Very relieved to see Marydoll posting after a day on GN when not only the weather seemed tempestuous,
No further comment , but to those who were maligned, insulted or hurt, I hope today brings some comfort .
D and Flynn didn’t get here yesterday as everything seemed to be running late for them so I believe she is driving up this morning - but I wish it wasn’t so very windy. Of course I want to see them but I am a 100% worry wart!
Wishing you all a pleasant day and for those who can , some precious granny hours before we lock down again.

Mapleleaf Mon 02-Nov-20 08:17:05

Good morning from a bright, breezy South Yorkshire. It has been very wet through the night, but for now the rain has stopped.

I'm sorry to read that someone has upset you Marydoll. I think these unsettled times are having different effects on different people. I don't know the thread in question, but glad to see that you are alright today. ?

Urmstongran, I do hope that your daughter will soon be back to feeling her normal self, but she is wise to take extra time off to fully recover.

Not sure what my plans for today will be, but ironing will fit into the equation at some point. ?

Take care everyone.

Kalu Mon 02-Nov-20 08:27:53

Good morning all from a very miserable Glasgow which compliments my mood this morning.

Upon seeing how Marydoll was treated on last night’s thread I’m afraid anger got the better of me and I could not ignore or bite my tongue any longer and took matters into my own hands as GNHQ were nowhere to be seen.
Take care Marydoll. ?

I don’t know if GN is for me anymore.

Gingster Mon 02-Nov-20 08:33:35

Good morning all from sunny Suffolk . Hoorah! ?. Dont think it will last but I’m making the most of it right now. So warm in the night , I kept waking up because it was airless. I usually have my windows open but it was so windy, the blinds were thrashing around.

Did I tell you my whirligig snapped In half and my sheets were half way to Southwold along the coast. ??. This is the second whirligig that’s snapped this year. Shows how strong that wind is and how weak the metal is. .

Sorry to hear about nasty comments on another thread Marydoll. Best just to ignore people who make mischief. Don’t add fuel to the fire. They’re probably sitting at home, chuckling. Take care and put it out of your mind. ?

Good luck today dragonfly. ?

Beechnut - Brussels sprout sauce ?. !!!! Do let us know !

Sar hope you can get your car repaired ?.

greenmeadow I hope your ribs heal quickly. That’s so painful. Take it easy. ?.

Scentia so sad your trips are cancelled. ?. My calendar is full of cancellations and crossings out. Let’s hope we can get Xmas over and start the new year afresh. ?

Take care and be kind. ?

EllanVannin Mon 02-Nov-20 08:37:18

Good Morning All x.
I'm not complaining but it's so mild ! I have the patio door open, seems so odd to feel this warm in November. It's a bright start but I think rain won't be far away.
A gale whipped up as soon as I'd got into bed last night, so sudden with strong gusts that were knocking things down. Relatively still now but strange while it lasted.

I was thinking of Marydoll last night and hoping upon hope that she was okay. You can't take this sort of thing when you're already ill, bad enough when you're not. Normal service will resume now .

Hope all goes well for Dragonfly's treatment today x

Urmston, it can take ages to feel anything like human after that virus but given time your DD will be fine. Rest is the cure.

Mick I noticed the channels were going to change here too but have forgotten when the notification said it would be, so I'll keep my eye out for it.

Gosh I enjoyed the braised beef yesterday, I could have polished the lot off but there's more than enough for today and I didn't want to overload myself.

Some washing to do but I won't risk hanging it out so it'll have to go on the maiden. It won't matter that it'll look like a Chinese laundry as nobody will be calling smile

I could do with running the hoover around while the cats are out, but I need the crumpets first so I'll put a spurt on.

I do hope everyone is well and not feeling the effects of our odd lives too much, although thoughts to those with worries and struggles---our dear Gilly x
Stay safe and take care everyone xx

ginny Mon 02-Nov-20 08:38:16

Good Morning. A little bit of sun peeping through and not particularly cold but still breezy in N. Bucks.
DD2 didn’t come after all yesterday as a friend she had seen a few days ago was having to take a COVID test. DD is fine but was worried as her 88 year old Grandmother was here too.
DD1 turned up unexpectedly as she said it was probably the last time she could see us in person for a while.
Nothing much planned for today but will try to get out in the fresh air for a while.
Still worrying so much about DD3 and wish I could do something to help.
Sorry to hear there has been some nastiness going on .
Hope everyone finds some ?today even if you have to search for it.

Jaxjacky Mon 02-Nov-20 08:40:33

GrannyGravy13 found the thread, I avoid posts by certain people, that’s why I hadn’t been aware.

Anniebach Mon 02-Nov-20 09:00:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

mamaa Mon 02-Nov-20 09:03:52

Morning all, don’t often post on this thread as I’m a #lazygran ( borrowed your hashtag Urms hope that’s ok), and don’t have much to say of a morning. However, just wanted to add my ‘tuppensworth’ regarding relief that Marydoll has posted this morning. I saw the thread last night but shall not comment here about it- not the place.
Sending flowers and best wishes for those who need a boost today. smile

Gelisajams Mon 02-Nov-20 09:06:55

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where we are waiting for the rain to stop before going out for a walk. Our canal towpath is closed for maintenance from today until March. We need to plan a different route.
Sad to read some threads have been getting out of hand again withMarydoll in the midst. ?Have a restful day today.
No update yet from DS1 so just praying he doesn’t get the complications.
Take care everyone and stay safe and positive ?