Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Nov-20 06:14:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark windy and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Today , laundry plus some tidy up as there is no cycling on TV today , talking of TV Freeview are changing channels with some of them like Yesterday a retune required .
Take Care,
Mick

dragonfly46 Mon 02-Nov-20 06:17:01

Good morning all, still dark here in Leicestershire.
I have to be up early for my first Radiotherapy session.

Hope Mary is okay after last nights debacle.
Have a good day everyone.

grandMattie Mon 02-Nov-20 06:19:32

Good morning from a dark stormy E Kent.
I too have to retune my TV Mick. It seems to happen every year which is annoying.
DD called yesterday. We don’t hear from her often as she’s so busy. They were making the millionaire’s shortbread from the Bakedin kit I subscribed the DGDs to.
The highlight of my day is the supermarket trip this afternoon to stock up a bit.
Stay safe everyone.

Sark Mon 02-Nov-20 06:20:52

Good Morning Mick and Dragonfly and all GNs
Hope you're ok Marydoll after yet another very strange thread yesterday
Hope all goes well Dragonfly
Off to work soon
Have a good day

Scentia Mon 02-Nov-20 06:21:13

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. It is dark, mild but windy out there today.
Factory today, but as soon as I can I will come home and get on with moving the bedrooms around, I am making one of the rooms especially for DGS and one of them a Gym/Office so we will just have the 1 guest room. No problem as we can’t have any guests😂
Lockdown again, and again I am having to cancel 3 breaks away and activities. I have more vouchers than ‘groupon’ now🤪
Well folks, take care of yourselves and play by the rules to stay safe❤️❤️

Sark Mon 02-Nov-20 06:22:38

Morning grandMattie

Scentia Mon 02-Nov-20 06:24:46

Oh no, didn’t see the stray thread, but I hope no one has been upsetting our Mary

Ashcombe Mon 02-Nov-20 06:25:11

Good morning, Mick and the early rising gang!

Mick: I was concerned when Pick changed channels a few weeks ago but my TV seemed to retune to its new channel automatically, which was a relief!

Another wet and windy morning here in Torbay but a very mild 16 deg! The warmest November night on record, according to last night’s forecast!

Yesterday I attended church for the last time until next month although the building will be open for private prayer during lockdown.. Today my DS and DGS are visiting me whilst staying nearby with my ex so I must start the day soon! DGS has just started school so will have plenty to say, I’m sure! He always has been more communicative than most!

Wishing you all relief from pain and worries and as good a week as circumstances allow.

cornergran Mon 02-Nov-20 06:41:02

Morning Mick, morning All from a damp looking corner of Somerset. Spending some time with our Littlest this morning, weather doesn’t bother the bundle of energy that he is so it will be wrap up and venture out no matter what. Will get Mr C on the television re-tune if we need to do it. Another one here who missed whatever occurred yesterday, hope you’re ok mary, will check back later if I can. Thinking of those with heavy hearts. Take care everyone.

Pantglas2 Mon 02-Nov-20 06:45:12

Morning all from a dry at the moment north Wales where I’m up early enjoying the chamberpot ☕️.

Haven’t paid much attention to GN over the weekend as I seem to get so much more done when I don’t clock on this early - but it seems I’ve missed all the weirdness of one or two threads.....can’t believe anyone would be daft enough to upset our Miss Marydoll,👩‍🎓 Maffs Teecha par eggselens🤪

Some sewing alterations this morning and there are meatballs to be made for later this week so hope you all have a peaceful day with no orribleness x

baubles Mon 02-Nov-20 06:48:17

Good morning Mick, morning all. Thank goodness it’s dry at the moment in South Lanarkshire after the weekend we’ve had.

Nothing to report, have been nowhere and seen no one. I may take the pooch to the park if I can stand the excitement.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day, take care of yourselves.

FannyCornforth Mon 02-Nov-20 06:49:00

Good morning Mick and everyone from me in Derby.
It has just started raining heavily and the wind is howling.
All the best for today Dragonfly Hello to Mary - I'm sure that things will come to a satisfactory conclusion later today.
I hope that everyone has a good day x

Greenmeadow Mon 02-Nov-20 06:49:38

Morning all, I fell over earlier in the week and am now suffering the effects of cracked ribs so a quiet day with a friend and a gentle walk for me today!

Beechnut Mon 02-Nov-20 06:49:56

Good Morning everyone from Severnside it’s wet with swiftly moving clouds.

Good luck for your sessions dragonfly.

My daughter came yesterday. She brought me a couple of gifts one of which was a bottle of Brussel Sprout Sauce.

I saw that the channels are changing too Mick. It’s not usually a bother to change. I’ve only got what came with the tv.

I’ve got some more card making to do today so I’ll crack on with that and I might,... I might have a craft room tidy.

Have the best day you can all 🍂🍃

Beauregard Mon 02-Nov-20 06:50:52

Good morning all. It's pouring with rain here in Derbyshire at the moment.

Hope you are ok this morning Marydoll and had a reasonable night.
dragonfly hope your appointment goes well.

Not much happening today. The usual walk out to check the girls this afternoon. Baked chicken pasta for dinner.

Have a good day everyone.

Sar53 Mon 02-Nov-20 06:56:45

Good morning from a blustery, grey Essex by the sea. Not cold but very miserable out there, probably how many of us are feeling right now.
As our car is meant to be going in for repair this week, not sure now if this will happen, we are off to stock up at the supermarket. We are also going to B&Q to buy some paint. We tried yesterday but there were queues to get in the car park.
I spoke to both my girls yesterday and they both sounded a tad fed up. We haven't all been together since February and were hoping to see each other at New Year, but who knows what will happen by then.
I also hope Mary and anyone else who was affected by the very strange and disintegrating post last night is ok.
Have the best day you can and stay safe everyone xx

Bellasnana Mon 02-Nov-20 06:56:45

Good morning from Malta where the weather is looking lovely. Temp reaches around 24°C during the day, goes down to around 16°C late in the day so still pleasant.

Sorry you were so upset by ‘that’ thread Marydoll. The best thing one can do is give such topics a wide berth. Too many rise to the bait, unfortunately.

Had a really lovely video call with my goddaughter yesterday and was able to see her new baby girl. Such a little sweetheart. They have been through such a difficult time all through the pregnancy and were told there was a serious problem with the baby which has turned out to be entirely false. She’s perfect but her parents have been put through weeks of unnecessary worry.

No plans today. I’m finding it an effort to keep myself busy but will try to get out even if only to stock up on dog food.

Dragonfly I do hope your radiotherapy goes well and doesn’t leave you feeling too washed out. Thinking of you.flowers

Hope everyone has the best day possible, and for those who are feeling low I send you kind thoughts and hope for better times to come.🤞☀️

NotAGran55 Mon 02-Nov-20 07:06:23

Good morning all . I don’t post here often but just wanted to say that I hope Marydoll is OK flowers

On Saturday morning at 0730 my lovely hairdresser text me to offer me an appointment today instead next Saturday- she had seen the overnight news of the pending lockdown.

This afternoon I need to drop some files off to the accountant for my husband’s business but apart from that a quiet day .

Take care every one .

kittylester Mon 02-Nov-20 07:08:31

Morning all from a wet and windy North Leicestershire.

We are off on a hunt for Chrustmas decorations this morning.

Hope today goes well, dragonfly.

grandMattie Mon 02-Nov-20 07:09:36

I’m very sorry you were distressed by uncalled for, cruel comments Mary, but it is all a bit cryptic since I’ve no idea what it was about.
There are some unhinged people who post. It seems their only purpose is to be nasty. Very sad for them and most unpleasant for the recipient.
Having been at the receiving end myself, I no longer post unless it is anodyne. I keep my views to myself regardless how much I’d like to air them!

Beechnut Mon 02-Nov-20 07:14:38

Phew, I hope you are feeling better today Marydoll and anyone else 💐

DanniRae Mon 02-Nov-20 07:22:01

Good Morning Everyone from an ok looking South East London. We care for our 17 month old grandson today and hope the weather will be good later so we can take him and the dog to the park. He is full of energy and I, unfortunately am not, so good old grandad does most of the chasing about when we are indoors. I am responsible for lunch and nappy changing!
Have a good day everyone x

GrannyGravy13 Mon 02-Nov-20 07:25:43

Good morning Mick and all

Marydoll I hope you are ok this morning.
I am keeping a low profile for a few days.

Keep safe and well folks 🙋‍♀️

Grandmabatty Mon 02-Nov-20 07:26:24

Good morning All. Wet and grey in Polmont. My tv mostly retunes itself so I should be ok, Mick. Dragonfly good luck with your radiotherapy treatment. I hope it goes well for you. I'm another one wishing Marydoll well this morning. I lurked on that thread and was so tempted at times to chip in. I can see why Marydoll responded. But better ignored I feel. I'm tired this morning. I had an unsettled night with strange dreams. I'm babysitting today. I built up a wooden garage for dgs yesterday so it'll be interesting to see if he likes it. No real plans. We'll go out for a walk probably. Have a good day all.

Susan56 Mon 02-Nov-20 07:28:00

Good morning from Shropshire.

Up early today as we have the boiler service this morning.A friend is coming over for coffee and catch up later.

Sorry you have been upset Mary.Hope you are feeling better today💐

Hope your treatment goes well today dragonfly💐

Thinking of Cherry💐and Grammaretto and her family💐

Have a good day all and stay safe.