Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Tue 10-Nov-20 06:09:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
A quieter day than usual , await post , maybe do some housework ,and watch TV .
Starting to miss my trips out , as I have got to know and talk socially to others I got to meet over the last few years .
Take Care,
Mick

GrandmasueUK Tue 10-Nov-20 14:01:38

Late today because of hospital trip.
Had to add good wishes and ? for Maw

dragonfly46 Tue 10-Nov-20 12:33:42

So sorry to hear you are down HAZBEAN. We all have those days - I hope you feel better soon.

GrannyOwl5 Tue 10-Nov-20 11:55:46

Good morning everyone from north Kent- made it by the skin of my teeth!
Late this morning as got caught up in the housework- those who know me well would laugh like drains at that comment!
Hope everyone is feeling a bit more optimistic after the vaccine news of yesterday.
? for Maw and ??for all struggling with health or worries. Stay safe

Kalu Tue 10-Nov-20 11:50:40

Happy Birthday to your DS Daddima?
DD1 was 45 in September! Still can’t believe she is that age already, it seems to have flown past.

CaroleAnne Tue 10-Nov-20 11:45:10

flowersflowersSending you these with my love MAW. Hang onto those cherished memories.

Dwmxwg Tue 10-Nov-20 11:29:16

Just popped back to read messages. My shift has been cancelled so time on my hands to fill
Maw what a lovely tribute you pay to your husband, ?for you.
Hazbeen sorry you are having a difficult day ? for you too

Mapleleaf Tue 10-Nov-20 11:18:06

Good morning all,

The sun is trying to break through after a very misty start here in South Yorkshire.

? maw.

Think I'll put my coat on soon and go for a walk. It isn't cold, and it's nice to see the sun trying to break through.

Keep safe everyone.

CherryCezzy Tue 10-Nov-20 11:15:13

Happy birthday to your DS daddima .

Doodle Tue 10-Nov-20 11:14:05

Maw can’t believe it’s three years. Lovely photo of a lovely man flowers

Daddima Tue 10-Nov-20 11:07:18

Morning all. Maw what a suave fellow your Paw is! I hope your memories are happy today.

Dreich outside Glasgow today, so another tiny clear out is planned ( nobody needs dozens of plastic takeaway containers), so that’ll clear another shelf. I cleared shelves on a wall unit yesterday, and sent the DVDs and CDs to the nursing home. Problem was, once kneeling on the floor I had great difficulty getting back up!

Number 1 son is 45 today. Unbelievable.

Enjoy Tuesday.

Blossoming Tue 10-Nov-20 11:03:48

Good morning all, a grey rainy day here. I’m finding it hard to move today after yesterday’s kon mari attack of the airing cupboard. I have a beautiful clean, tidy and moth-free cupboard so it’s worth it. I also got rid of a huge black bag full of old towels, sheets, etc. We don’t need much shopping this week, OH has been to the bakery and farm shop for bread, pies and eggs. I’m planning to make a few more face masks and do some gentle physio exercises.

Ashcombe Tue 10-Nov-20 11:01:34

HAZBEEN feel free to rant, if it helps, as there’s lots of support on here. Sorry you’re going through trying times.

HAZBEEN Tue 10-Nov-20 10:57:43

Good morning all. I wont post much today as I have been having a "meltdown" sort of morning and dont want to bring everyone down.
Stay safe everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 10-Nov-20 10:44:08

Good Morning all from cloudy but dry Harrogate (at least I hope is remains dry - I've got a wash on).
Sorry about your hassle with the insurance company, Ashcombe. I do find they want your money, but are unwilling to do anything to justify it!!
Dragonfly hope you are feeling better.
Marydoll sorry you are 'under the weather'
Today it's more baking - trying to fatten DH who is very much underweight. I fail miserably, but put the weight on myself!

Keep positive, folks, there's a vaccine round the corner!!

Grandmabatty Tue 10-Nov-20 10:18:46

? For MawB

Georgesgran Tue 10-Nov-20 10:16:53

Popped back in to say it’s dry in Durham !! Yay!!! Will it last?
Nice walk in woods yesterday with DD1 and DGS, but have DD2s dogs here today and tomorrow while the painters tackle their new extension - on the home run now.

Nothing much planned - off to Sainsbury’s soon, then will take the older dog out. Puppy is only 7 months and wild as the proverbial!

Hope everyone has the best day today. X

storey49 Tue 10-Nov-20 10:14:11

Good morning everyone, the sun has come out here in Bilsthorpe, Nottinghamshire! Certainly makes a change from heavy fog which we have had for several days. A bit of sun makes you feel better. Windows open to get some fresh air in the house. Take care everyone. grin

Grandmafrench Tue 10-Nov-20 10:09:57

Good Morning everyone from a corner of the garden. Perfect morning. Empty pots + empty seats = work to do but maxi blue sky filled with sunshine (and one tiny mini cloud) is enough encouragement. I plan to do the light work and make helpful comments .......

After so long and so much worry, it does look as if - cautiously- there may be some hope for us all against COVID! Let’s hope so, stay positive and keep everything crossed now (if it doesn’t interfere with the ironing.!!)

Have a good, safe and positive day, all.

?Maw&Paw forever and always?

Warm wishes from France

Stilllearning Tue 10-Nov-20 09:51:02

Morning from S Lanarkshire, definitely a grey day but I'm meeting a friend for a walk and lunch in her garden so please don't rain! Her daughter bought both of us things called 'Huggles' (in red). We wear them over our coats and look like elderly garden gnomes but we stay cosy for about about an hour and a half so we care not!
Lovely words and picture Maw, warm wishes to you today.

gillgran Tue 10-Nov-20 09:48:53

Good Morning to you all from a bright, dry & mild, (for November)! Cambs.,

Take Care dragonfly during your on-going treatment.

Thinking of you all, especially those with extra cares & problems.
Missing EV, & gillybob,

flowers for Maw

Anniebach Tue 10-Nov-20 09:43:50

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Lins1066 Tue 10-Nov-20 09:35:12

Cherry it has just arrived ??

Nortsat Tue 10-Nov-20 09:20:26

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a grey east London.

It’s raining and we have a full line of washing out in the garden. The BBC Weather Service said 9% chance of rain, so that 9% must have concentrated above our garden, whilst the rest of east London remained dry.

My partner slept badly last night and he is teaching on Zoom at 10.30, but he’s groggy this morning. I shall walk to the park this morning, but I seem to have wrenched my hip, fighting with the bathroom window (it’s a long story, which no one needs to hear).

I had a lovely belated birthday present and card yesterday. My friend said she saw it when she was in the US in the summer, thought it would be perfect for me and bought it. Then she put it away and forgot about it. Thus it arrived yesterday, a month late...
Actually I think belated cards and gifts are a bonus, because the birthday excitement has passed and then something lovely arrives in the post ...

Maw a bittersweet day for you ?
Thinking of Ellan and gilly.
Good thoughts to those facing challenges today.
Let’s be careful out there. ?

CherryCezzy Tue 10-Nov-20 09:19:20

Oh forgot ?, welcome Mrs Threadgoode ?

CherryCezzy Tue 10-Nov-20 09:17:38

Good morning everyone. The grey clouds are sinking and blue sky is taking over here in the Gower. It should be arriving at your door soon Lins ?

I did the "shake, rattle and roll" out of bed in the middle of the night ?. My left calf is heavily bruised and swollen ?. It's damned annoying as I had plans to meet up with a friend for a stroll along the coast around lunchtime and now it ain't gonna happen ?. Just the group quiz, still very enjoyable, for me today then ?

I too had an odd dream last night. I dreamt that I'd been invited confused to apply for a job teaching about fruit and veg' ?. Not a subject I have ever taught so I've no idea where that came from ?

There seem to be more and more goodmorningers who have family members, including a fair few grandchildren, isolating. ? for you all.

Maw, what a charming looking man Paw was. 50 years is not an inconsiderable time but it's never long enough with someone you love so very dearly. I feel for you today flowers

Halfway through your treatment after today dragonfly. Put your feet up when you arrive back home ?

Thinking of Grammaretto ? and I hope Ellan is okay. I'm wondering if we will ever see gillybob again.

Stay safe, find a ? at least once today and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️