Gransnet forums

Chat

Marquee tents would they be the way forward in 2021?

(9 Posts)
infoman Fri 13-Nov-20 08:10:45

As the amounts of events (along with many others)
I am able to attend have been suspended,
which I think will continue into the new year.
We can't trust the British weather,so I am putting my thought out in the open to for get us out and about in 2021.
Would Marquee tents be a way forward,I thought they were quite cheap to buy,although not sure of the rental costs.
Keep safe one and all.

kittylester Fri 13-Nov-20 08:18:08

The pub IP the road has a marquee with TVs in, infoman. It also has walls on all sides. We wonder if that then becomes indoors.

sodapop Fri 13-Nov-20 08:21:42

Seems like just making another room although it would allow for social distancing.

Be interesting to see how the gradual return to normal in Ireland pans out.

MawB2 Fri 13-Nov-20 08:35:05

Depends what for.
Most pubs I have seen have one in their garden already if they have the space.
I suppose private homes could use gazebos.

Iam64 Fri 13-Nov-20 08:51:05

We had a gazebo during the summer. It was good but we didn't buy sides, which we discovered were necessary when the rain poured down.

M0nica Fri 13-Nov-20 08:53:49

We have an 'event shelter' an almost semi circular tent about 12 foot square with half moon sides. We lent it to a friend this summer for her 80th birthday party.

The party was spread over a week and she would sit in state in the shelter each afternoon and invite one or two friends to join her, who could sit with her, suitably distanced. If rain was promised we just put up the side on the direction the rain was coming from.

It worked very well.

Sara70 Fri 13-Nov-20 09:22:38

I worked in organising and setting up of large scale events in that industry for over twenty five years until June last year when the company I was employed by closed and pulled out of Britain altogether. We were informed prior to that by the HSE that Marquees were to be treated as an indoor facility and all restrictions on the size of gatherings etc as lockdown lifted would apply to them.

That directive signalled the end of planning of all large events and the end of the industry for in the UK for the foreseeable future.

trisher Fri 13-Nov-20 09:40:29

The temperature inside tents and marquees on a summer's day can absolutely soar. If it has been wet it can get very humid. I would imagine the potential for airborne transmission is high. Lifting the sides can help a bit but it can still be very hot.

infoman Sat 14-Nov-20 16:22:01

Thanks for all your replys,it just I think it might forward to get us all out and about come spring 2021.