Gransnet forums

Chat

Royal Mail Parcel Collect

(5 Posts)
Pittcity Sat 14-Nov-20 08:34:15

Lizzy this is the link I used www.royalmail.com/collection

I created my postage labels and there was a choice to pay the 72p for collection before the payment screen.

lizzypopbottle Fri 13-Nov-20 21:17:21

I tried several times on the website Pittcity, then I phoned customer service, listened to several menus and some badly cracked hold music for ages. I finally spoke to a human being who admitted he had no clue and attempted to transfer me to someone who did have a clue.....boooooooooooop ?

Pittcity Fri 13-Nov-20 15:58:36

I used it for a next day special delivery. Our usual postie knocked and picked up the parcel. He scanned it and I received a proof of postage by email immediately. It arrived next day. Saved me a trip to the post office.
We are lucky to have a parcel post box nearby which I use when I don't need proof of postage.

I found that you can only book pick up using the Royal Mail website not the app.

kittylester Fri 13-Nov-20 15:37:39

We've used it for M&S returns which have worked well. Not tried it for self generated labels.

lizzypopbottle Fri 13-Nov-20 14:28:11

Has anyone used this service successfully yet? I've tried and tried today but it simply doesn't work. It says the service is available nationally but, every time I try to buy a label, it won't let me. Perhaps 'nationally' doesn't include Northumberland...