Gransnet forums

Chat

Well that was invigorating

(15 Posts)
BlueBelle Sun 15-Nov-20 16:29:16

This morning was totally awful Gale force winds and pouring with rain, then this afternoon the sun came out and I went for a walk and a paddle the water wasn’t really cold but after about 20 mins my feet were freezing but a quick rub down and walked home and they are roasting hot
Got to be good for you hasnt it ?

sharon103 Sun 15-Nov-20 16:32:05

Rather you than me smile

Knittynatter Sun 15-Nov-20 16:33:40

That sounds fabulous!! I’m a little bit jealous x

Grannynannywanny Sun 15-Nov-20 16:38:55

I love a paddle but only with wellies on unless it’s a heatwave!

biba70 Sun 15-Nov-20 16:41:40

Wonderful, good for you- yes, good fr the body, good for the heart and the soul

PamelaJ1 Sun 15-Nov-20 16:55:21

What did you paddle in? Sea, river or muddy puddle?

BlueBelle Sun 15-Nov-20 17:26:02

North Sea pamela

glammanana Sun 15-Nov-20 17:33:03

Well done BlueBelle you are very brave just the name North Sea makes me feel cold all over.

tanith Sun 15-Nov-20 18:09:41

Ooh I'm jealous how lovely but bracing lol. I managed a swim with 2 of my GSs when we were on holiday late September it wasn't nearly as cold as we expected.

BlueBelle Sun 15-Nov-20 18:37:41

There is a body that believes cold water swimming is beneficial for dementia there is also a movement that suggests we need to spend a quarter of an hour a day connected to the real outside ground (not carpets) to recharge our batteries I haven’t tried it but it might make sense I do feel we have lost a lot in not connecting with nature

Gingster Sun 15-Nov-20 19:12:44

Yes I’ve heard about cold water swimming being good for dementia, ..... thats if you don’t die from shock and have a heart attack. ?Before we left the Suffolk coast last week, there were swimmers in everyday. We swim In the summer months and that’s cold enough for me. Brrrrr!

sodapop Sun 15-Nov-20 19:39:08

I'm jealous too BlueBelle love the beach and sea in the colder weather.

Jaxjacky Sun 15-Nov-20 20:06:54

Nearest I’d get is a puddle on the patio! Well done you...

Callistemon Sun 15-Nov-20 20:08:48

BlueBelle

North Sea pamela

shock
But yes!

It was the opposite way round for us today, a sunny morning then it just pelted with rain pm.

Callistemon Sun 15-Nov-20 20:10:36

BlueBelle

There is a body that believes cold water swimming is beneficial for dementia there is also a movement that suggests we need to spend a quarter of an hour a day connected to the real outside ground (not carpets) to recharge our batteries I haven’t tried it but it might make sense I do feel we have lost a lot in not connecting with nature

Have you been watching Countryfile, Bluebelle?

I think I'll go and sit amongst the trees and embrace mindfulness as there is no handy beach.