Gransnet forums

Chat

Well that was invigorating

(15 Posts)
BlueBelle Sun 15-Nov-20 16:29:16

This morning was totally awful Gale force winds and pouring with rain, then this afternoon the sun came out and I went for a walk and a paddle the water wasn’t really cold but after about 20 mins my feet were freezing but a quick rub down and walked home and they are roasting hot
Got to be good for you hasnt it ?

sharon103 Sun 15-Nov-20 16:32:05

Rather you than me smile

Knittynatter Sun 15-Nov-20 16:33:40

That sounds fabulous!! I’m a little bit jealous x

Grannynannywanny Sun 15-Nov-20 16:38:55

I love a paddle but only with wellies on unless it’s a heatwave!

biba70 Sun 15-Nov-20 16:41:40

Wonderful, good for you- yes, good fr the body, good for the heart and the soul

PamelaJ1 Sun 15-Nov-20 16:55:21

What did you paddle in? Sea, river or muddy puddle😂

BlueBelle Sun 15-Nov-20 17:26:02

North Sea pamela

glammanana Sun 15-Nov-20 17:33:03

Well done BlueBelle you are very brave just the name North Sea makes me feel cold all over.

tanith Sun 15-Nov-20 18:09:41

Ooh I'm jealous how lovely but bracing lol. I managed a swim with 2 of my GSs when we were on holiday late September it wasn't nearly as cold as we expected.

BlueBelle Sun 15-Nov-20 18:37:41

There is a body that believes cold water swimming is beneficial for dementia there is also a movement that suggests we need to spend a quarter of an hour a day connected to the real outside ground (not carpets) to recharge our batteries I haven’t tried it but it might make sense I do feel we have lost a lot in not connecting with nature

Gingster Sun 15-Nov-20 19:12:44

Yes I’ve heard about cold water swimming being good for dementia, ..... thats if you don’t die from shock and have a heart attack. 😳Before we left the Suffolk coast last week, there were swimmers in everyday. We swim In the summer months and that’s cold enough for me. Brrrrr!

sodapop Sun 15-Nov-20 19:39:08

I'm jealous too BlueBelle love the beach and sea in the colder weather.

Jaxjacky Sun 15-Nov-20 20:06:54

Nearest I’d get is a puddle on the patio! Well done you...

Callistemon Sun 15-Nov-20 20:08:48

BlueBelle

North Sea pamela

shock
But yes!

It was the opposite way round for us today, a sunny morning then it just pelted with rain pm.

Callistemon Sun 15-Nov-20 20:10:36

BlueBelle

There is a body that believes cold water swimming is beneficial for dementia there is also a movement that suggests we need to spend a quarter of an hour a day connected to the real outside ground (not carpets) to recharge our batteries I haven’t tried it but it might make sense I do feel we have lost a lot in not connecting with nature

Have you been watching Countryfile, Bluebelle?

I think I'll go and sit amongst the trees and embrace mindfulness as there is no handy beach.