Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(78 Posts)
grandMattie Sat 21-Nov-20 06:22:08

Good morning from E Kent. I haven’t looked out yet so don’t know what the weather is like.
Something funny happened when I gave blood yesterday. The nurse commented, it’s your 72nd donation”. Wondering how she knew, I replied, yes, it’s usually very quick”. She looked puzzled and I realised that I had understood “70 second” donation. Quite a different kettle of fish!
Feeling quite chuffed. We discovered that my pension had been underpaid for about 10 years as it hadn’t been taken into account that DH had been paying my stamp - as was the norm when we married. Cue writing to DWP. After several months, letters, photocopies, phone calls, etc., I received a letter yesterday saying I was in line for a large back payment payable from 1 December. Also my pension payments are to be almost doubled! Trouble is I’ve got nothing to spend it on. ?
On this cheerful note, have a pain free day, happy day, stay safe.

Dwmxwg Sat 21-Nov-20 06:15:35

Good morning Mick and all to come.
Feels a bit “warmer”this morning.
Some Online Pilates and a dog walk before my booked late shift today.
Have a good day everyone

12Michael Sat 21-Nov-20 06:12:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its also been wet overnight and a cold wind.
Today, a quiet day for me a sausage sarnie breakfast shortly and watch TV , my usual plans today are maybe a Chinese later in early evening /late afternoon.
I obtained the DVD of the Untouchables in the post a couple of days ago and plan to watch it later .
Take Care ,
Mick