Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Mon 23-Nov-20 06:10:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark outside plus its dry and cold this morning in Brackley . Today , once I have had breakfast and done a few chores , I will do a small shop.
But will then have a more relaxed day , and see what the future holds for us later on TV as regards to the remainder of 2020 the year which many would like to forget .
Take Care,
Mick

dragonfly46 Mon 23-Nov-20 07:33:08

Marydoll flowers and xxx

brook2704 Mon 23-Nov-20 07:34:03

Oooh your back Marydoll thank goodness ! Sending ❤️❤️

Pittcity Mon 23-Nov-20 07:42:09

Good morning from frosty Colchester.
DH has decided on a cooked breakfast, unheard of on a Monday morning. He is so bored of Lockdown 2.
Nothing else on the agenda today.

Grandmabatty Mon 23-Nov-20 07:48:38

Good morning All. It's dry in Polmont so far. First of all, it's really good to see a post from Marydoll. The place wouldn't be the same without her. I'm babysitting today but I'm not feeling great. I seem to be developing a health issue and I'm going to have to contact my doctor so I'm not looking forward to that. Anyway, I'm not sure how we'll spend the day. Go for a wee walk maybe as well as the usual stuff. Have a good day all.

Lins1066 Mon 23-Nov-20 07:48:57

Good morning Mick and all. It is cloudy and dry here on the S Welsh coast.
Sark hope your daughter is feeling better this morning.
You must miss Sasha so much Scentia thinking of you ?
Glad you are a little better Marydoll take care.
Another quiet day here, suits me, little motivation for much.
Hope everyone will have a good day and stay safe.

cornergran Mon 23-Nov-20 07:49:41

Morning Mick, morning All. Goodness, it’s dry in our corner of Somerset, hooray. Gentle day ahead after a sleepless night. Good to see you msrydoll, I’m sorry life is an uphill slog for you. Join me in a rest today? Ouch nankate, that must have hurt, a shock for your daughter sark, hope she’s comfortable today. Take care everyone, hope there is some brightness in your day.

Elizabeth1 Mon 23-Nov-20 07:53:19

Where’s my message ?

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 23-Nov-20 07:59:43

Good morning from a chilly N Hants. I can hear birdsong it’s so quiet. Lovely start to the day.
It’s so good that you’ve been able to post today Marydoll. You’ve been through a tough time and deserve to rest and heal. Please don’t feel you have to be positive all the time, we don’t expect it, I know I struggle to stay upbeat and I’m sure I’m not the only one.
So many posters coping daily with pain and poor health. You’re heroes, each and every one. ?? for all of you

Bellasnana Mon 23-Nov-20 08:02:02

Good morning from a damp Malta.

It’s busy in here this morning! Glad you are back with us Marydoll, although very sorry you have been feeling so unwell and upset. flowers

dragonfly, hurray! Your last radiotherapy session. It seems an age since you started so glad it’s behind you now.

NanKate I’m sorry you went a purler, it’s an awful feeling when you feel yourself going down and can do nothing to save yourself. Hope you are feeling ok today. At least you didn’t break anything.

I was so disappointed our champ lost his match but, to be fair, he didn’t play well and something went wrong with his serve.

I liked his comment after his loss ‘You are not defeated when you lose, you are defeated when you quit’. A true sportsman.

Wasn’t very interested in the final but the best man won.

sark, what a nasty shock for your DD. Hope she’s feeling ok today.?

Hoping baubles is feeling better today as well. ?

Right, must get up and get on with my exercises, then it’s another lonely day trying to find things to do. Thank goodness I’ve got my dog Buzz for company or I’d go nuts.

Take care and stay safe dear good morningers.☀️

ginny Mon 23-Nov-20 08:09:42

Good Morning from a somewhat murky N.Bucks.

Feeling on edge today as DD3 goes for her ( hopefully ) last tests at the hospital.

Not much on today otherwise. It’ll probably be a lists and preparation day

Hope those who had a bad day yesterday do better today.

Don’t forget to look for a smile everyone.

Gingster Mon 23-Nov-20 08:16:34

Good morning all from a very chilly Essex. Lovely day yesterday!

DH had his COVID Test yesterday. He said it wasn’t very pleasant and he really doesn’t make a fuss. I feel for littlies who have to have it. Anyway if he doesn’t hear anything in 48 hrs, that means he’s ok for his minor op on Wednesday. ?

A biggish shop today and will stock the freezer for Christmas bits and pieces. I’ve got all the stocking filler gifts and 6 out of 8 GC main presents. Just got to wrap them . I put 10 stocking gifts in each one, so that’s 80 to wrap, before I start on the main ones. ?. These traditions start with the first GC and just go on and on. Oh well! It’s all good fun. ?.

A relief to see you back Marydoll. Sorry you are having such a stressful time. You usually are so positive and upbeat. Hopefully things will ease for you and you’ll be back to your old cheery self. ?.

Draginfly good luck today for your last session. Youv e done so well. You can have lots of nice lies-in now. ?

Urmstongran enjoy your last few days in Malaga. Have you been there all year? Kind thoughts go to your neighbour. You’ve been a life saver for her. Hope she gets back to the UK before too long. Her family should really be on the case for her.

Nankate take it easy today. You’ll be sore ! I’ve slipped on leaves before. They are lethal at this time of year. ??

Scentia you must miss your little pooch so much. Early days. ?

Sark I hope your DD is ok and not too wobbly after the shock. It really does put the wind up you!

Ashcombe I do hope you can get to France and be with your DH. ?

Wishing everyone a happy day. ?

Dwmxwg Mon 23-Nov-20 08:22:17

Good to see you back MaryDoll. Rest and more rest I think ?

NannyJan53 Mon 23-Nov-20 08:34:15

Good morning from a bright and very frosty Black Country.

Had a video call with Mum yesterday, and we called my Niece in Australia, then my DD and DGD's joined us. My Niece is absolutely aghast at the infection rate over here. They have a lockdown if there is 15 cases in an area.

As it was a sunny day, we had a lovely long walk along the canal or cut as they say here. So many people out doing the same.

Partner has a blood test at 9am so he needs to get a move on. Luckily the hospital is only a 10 minute walk from here.

Glad you are ok NanKate after your tumble. At least nothing was broken, I hope you are now relaxing and MrKate is waiting on you smile

Sorry to hear about your daughter Sark it is such a shock when something like that happens. Same happened to us many years ago when we had 3 children in the car. Luckily no-one was hurt.

A gentle hug to Marydoll, please relax and rest dear lady.

Wishing you all a pleasant day

harrigran Mon 23-Nov-20 08:38:37

Good morning from a cool but dry NE.
Quiet day yesterday where not much was achieved.
Friend rang me for a chat, she means well but is a bit of a Job's comforter.
Finished watching The Crown, I enjoyed it. I think they got Diana's clothes exactly right.
Another night in the spare room with my novel, a Fern Britton this time, way better than the Jojo Moyes.

Iam64 Mon 23-Nov-20 08:43:12

Good Morning Michael and all - from a rather damp and very cold north west. My lock down days are all very similar. Catch up with the news and gransnet with a cup of tea. Then a long walk, after which the dog usually needs a shower, brush and dry. Clean the kitchen and have lunch. I'm not sure how we will cope post vaccine when life (hopefully) returns to more like it used to be and we can go places, see people. So exciting.

Greyduster Mon 23-Nov-20 08:44:33

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sunny but veeery cold in South Yorkshire. Nothing much going on here today - expecting a parcel delivery and I have a blood test at the surgery later this morning. Face Time with DS and DiL last night was nice. I don’t know when we’ll see them ‘in the flesh’ again.
Nankate Ouch! Glad nothing’s broken and hope the bruising won’t be too bad!
Kind thoughts to all who are struggling; our boat will be in calmer waters soon God willing! Have the best day you can folks.

baubles Mon 23-Nov-20 08:45:28

Good morning Mick, morning all from slightly damp South Lanarkshire.

Thanks for the good wishes, I am feeling lots better although my balance is not good and the room still tilts at times. Most disconcerting. Himself has a birthday today but I don’t think I’ll manage to bake, perhaps I’ll ask him to pop to the bakers to buy a cake.

Good to see you back Marydoll.

I’m going back to reread everyone’s messages, I didn’t take it all in the first time.

Have the best day you can. Look after yourselves.

Alygran Mon 23-Nov-20 08:45:52

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it was very clear when I got up but seems to be clouding over now. A stunning sunrise greeted me when I opened the blinds.
Bits of admin to do this morning and some ironing. I have booked a ticket for the local arboretum later.
Marydoll, Dragonfly, Nankate and everyone else who would like some flowers
Hope today is kind to everyone.

GrannySomerset Mon 23-Nov-20 08:48:06

So glad we have heard from Marydoll even though the news wasn’t what we hoped for. Rest is plainly called for. Fine morning here in North Somerset so I must force myself to do some outside jobs to fill the green bin for the last time till January. Wonder how things will look by then?

Shropshirelass Mon 23-Nov-20 08:51:48

Beautiful day in Shropshire, low mist, frost and the sun is breaking through. Just sitting having a coffee in my garden room with my dogs, watching the sun and the birds. Will get going later getting leaves up - by hand as I have a puncture in my mower, taking the tyre to be repaired later on. There is no rush. Enjoy your day everyone.

Anniebach Mon 23-Nov-20 08:53:12

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Chewbacca Mon 23-Nov-20 09:05:24

Good Morning from a bright, sunny but cold Cheshire. I've got a day of waiting for the plumber to call, AGAIN, to see if he can finally get to the bottom of why the kitchen radiator is still dripping water onto the floor. But as no one can go anywhere anyway, I'll just sit and wait. Hope you all have the best day possible.

LauraNorder Mon 23-Nov-20 09:20:05

Good morning Mick and all from dry, calm Anglesey. Lovely day, no builders??
YEY for Dragonfly last one.
NanKate ouch, sorry you tumbled but glad it wasn’t a fall, far too young for that.
Sorry you’re having a weepy day GrannyGravy, they come upon us now and then in these strange times no matter how strong we think we are.
Last week I heard a news item as I passed the tv that a truck carrying £50 million pounds worth of apples had been stolen.
I couldn’t imagine just how that many apples could be housed in one big truck or what good they would be to the thieves. All became clear when Orlin pointed out it was Appletech not fruit. Silly me.
Pantglas it’s good to feel slightly discombobulated sometimes just so that we can use the word, it’s a fabulous word that describes exactly the feeling.
Hope you all have the best day you can.

Susan56 Mon 23-Nov-20 09:21:58

Good morning from Shropshire.A frosty start today.

Laundry, housework and not much else today.Tomorrow is our childcare day when we have to leave home at 4.45 so we will try and have an easier day today.

Scentia, it must have been so hard for you going to the factory without Sasha this morning?

Glad to see you have felt up to posting Mary?

Baubles take it easy for a few more days so you make a full recovery?

Cherry hope you had a good night.x

Have the best day you can everyone and stay safe.

QuaintIrene Mon 23-Nov-20 09:36:04

Good morning everyone from a cold West Yorkshire.
Didn’t have a good night, no reason why. Read and listened to Steve Allen on LBC radio.
Going to put my Avon order in today, just need a few bits. Intend to treat myself to a scented candle ?
Big cat has breakfasted and gone back to bed.
Now to make a move and put the kettle on.
Thinking of everyone who is ill or worried. Take care and sending ? to you all.