Gransnet forums

Chat

Christmas easing of restrictions

(131 Posts)
shysal Mon 23-Nov-20 09:40:39

I still plan to spend Christmas alone, whatever the Government allow. I am immunosuppressed therefore wish to protect myself. All the family are at work or school/college so I am not prepared to take the risk.

LauraNorder Mon 23-Nov-20 09:39:09

It’s not just those who need to be careful, it’s everyone who should be careful for the sake of those who have to be careful.

lemongrove Mon 23-Nov-20 09:35:32

The government know that there will be mass flouting of any rules at Christmas, so the lockdown now, coupled with the tier system in Dec, followed by easing of restrictions for Christmas week, makes sense.

LauraNorder Mon 23-Nov-20 09:35:25

I agree katek, we must do our own risk assessment and act accordingly. If only everyone would think of others as well as themselves and just have one quiet Christmas. Time to get together in summer when most of us have been vaccinated and can mix outdoors.

lemongrove Mon 23-Nov-20 09:33:47

I agree, those who still need to be really careful will have to go on being careful.
Wonderful news about the Oxford vaccine though.

Katek Mon 23-Nov-20 09:30:44

Just wondered how others felt about this - I’m not certain that I will actually take advantage of it. Virus is still out there. I’m still vulnerable and all my family teach so lots of exposure there. I’ve got this far so don’t want to mess it up when we’re just on the point of an effective vaccine being delivered. I’ll have to weigh this up very carefully - certainly won’t be running around shouting ‘I’m free’!