Gransnet forums

Chat

DPD Scam email

(29 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sun 29-Nov-20 11:31:09

Hello
I'm not sure if this one has been covered.

I have received an email 'from' DPD to arrange payment for a failed delivery.

I'm pretty certain that it is a scam as I'm not expecting anything, no card was left and I haven't left the house in Lord knows how long.

More crucially - DPD send an email when a parcel is imminent, and none was received.
So just a heads up.

felice Fri 04-Dec-20 16:06:53

Thanks Marydoll, the online stuff I get usually comes from the local Postal service.

Megs36 Fri 04-Dec-20 17:07:44

Got theDPD email yesterday re a parcel that was expected be delivered by Hermes and in fact came today,I ‘phoned the company supplying the goods they never use DPD. Ignore the message , delete it straight away. It eventually asks for bank details to deliver the non existent parcel.

SueDonim Sat 05-Dec-20 12:51:42

I’ve had the DPD scam email, too, but this week I’ve been dealing with the real life DPD and it’s not been a much better experience! ? I needed to return a faulty item I’d ordered online and it was to go back via DPD. I had an absolute blizzard of emails from them, some of which contradicted previous ones so I didn’t know whether I was coming or going. Eventually a driver turned up on the door unexpected so the item has left the house but whether/when I shall get a replacement or refund, I do not know.