Gransnet forums

Chat

Been in lockdown too long!

(36 Posts)
Sunny82z Mon 30-Nov-20 22:47:32

Has anybody else noticed that when people are being interviewed from their homes via zoom, on the news for example their nostrils seem oddly prominent;. I find it strangely distracting now that I have noticed.

Alison333 Tue 01-Dec-20 13:09:04

My chin (big anyway) always looks enormous on Zoom etc. Should I abandon my waxing regime and grow a beard? - probably not that difficult for me!

Ellet Tue 01-Dec-20 13:48:18

I don’t like the way I look on screen, too many wrinkles. Whenever I video call my cousin I have to tell her that lovely as her kitchen ceiling is, I would rather see her face. She is quite new to technology. Haven’t noticed too many nostrils but will now look.

Grandmabeach Tue 01-Dec-20 13:51:38

Noticed someone being interviewed the other night with the camera pointing straight at her nose while she looked down at her screen. Can't remember what she said as I was mesmerized by her nose and the fact she appeared to have her eyes closed.

JenniferEccles Tue 01-Dec-20 13:55:57

Never mind what these people are saying, I just want to have a video tour of their homes !

We’ve all admired the ubiquitous well-stocked book shelves and now I want to see the rest.

At the end of the broadcast I have no idea what they had said as my mind has been wondering what their home is like!

Musicgirl Tue 01-Dec-20 13:56:43

I have Zoom pro because of my work and there is an air brushing effect that you can have. Strangely enough, l have it! It works wonders.

Daisend1 Tue 01-Dec-20 14:37:06

Why do some folk when on chat show zoom feel the need hmmto accentuate every word they utter with their hands or waving their arms around. ? I tend to find myself watching not listening.

Daisend1 Tue 01-Dec-20 14:49:07

Doodledog .
Like yourself I do not want Alexa. Frankly it frightens me.
Stupid I know but consider there is much we don't know as to how far technology can go or has gone? without our knowledge.Big brother spying on us etc?

Garry71 Tue 01-Dec-20 14:54:57

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

granjan Tue 01-Dec-20 15:58:35

Daisend1
Folk waving their arms and hands around, drives me up the wall. It happens such a lot on various programmes. angry.

Lilypops Wed 02-Dec-20 23:13:52

When I go on zoom ,there’s this woman that sits in the corner of my screen , don’t know who she is , but she looks a lot older than me and she had more chins than me and more wrinkly eyes than me , !!