Gransnet forums

Chat

‘What if every single one of us was a raindrop?’ Oh Harry!

(89 Posts)
Urmstongran Tue 01-Dec-20 12:44:34

I actually though he had come to his senses and given up preaching to us about saving the planet, especially considering the way he lives. But, no, he doesn't seem to have a clue at how ridiculous he sounds, I would laugh at him, only he annoys me too much these days.
?

Nortsat Tue 01-Dec-20 15:47:56

Yawn ...

merlotgran Tue 01-Dec-20 15:48:38

It's a excuse for misogyny, xenophobia, dislike of the environmental agenda and jealousy of the rich. And it is very nasty.

Utter nonsense.

Do you leap to Lily Allen's defence when she spouts equally ridiculous claptrap?

An any of the other deluded celebs?

Callistemon Tue 01-Dec-20 15:48:46

It's a excuse for misogyny, xenophobia, dislike of the environmental agenda and jealousy of the rich. And it is very nasty.

Since when has poking gentle fun at the daft utterings of a middle-aged man been misogynistic?
Xenophia well, he's British
dislike of the environmental agenda I'll listen to a scientist but not a waffler who flies around the world in private jets, lives in a huge mansion, lecturing us all on what we should be doing or not doing!
jealousy of the rich if he's that rich then he shouldn't need his father's money to prop up his lifestyle.

BlueBelle Tue 01-Dec-20 15:49:04

I totally agree with you alegrias whenever Harry or Meghans name comes up the vitriol rubs it’s hands with glee on Gransnet . Such nasty sarcastic posts
If you don’t like this couple just stop being so interested in everything they do say or the very air they breathe

TerriBull Tue 01-Dec-20 15:50:49

When Harry, an environmental champion, decided to be paid and flown by private jet by one of the tech giants, who anger the public by not contributing what they should in taxes, to address a summit on the environment, how on earth did he imagine such a junket would be perceived by the general public. A so called audience of influential people who made up such a gathering, also having flown in on their own private jets from around the world to listen to a load of waffle which included the fatuous "we could all do better"

I thought they both wanted to lead private lives, look no further than the Duchess of Kent she managed to achieve that, but that takes a genuine desire to just go away and lead a very quiet life. Unfortunately they both seem fully committed to public posturing. What have they got to say that hasn't been said by people such as the Obamas who lets face it have far more gravitas.

As others have said he was really doing something worthwhile before he got caught up in a load of hypocritical chicanery which leaves many of us underwhelmed.

Callistemon Tue 01-Dec-20 15:51:25

I wasn't nasty at all, I thought he was unintentionally very funny.

But he is turning himself into a joke.

Alegrias2 Tue 01-Dec-20 15:58:27

Misogyny - blaming Meghan for corrupting him

Xenophobia - blaming everything on his American wife; I quote "I guess the Americans lap it all up though"

Dislike of the environmental agenda - thinking that flying on a plane disqualifies you from worrying about the world and turns you into the anti-Christ

Jealousy of the rich - I meant Meghan

I wondered when Lily Allen would get a mention. Perhaps you'd like to have a go at Greta Thunberg next?

merlotgran Tue 01-Dec-20 15:59:50

BlueBelle

I totally agree with you alegrias whenever Harry or Meghans name comes up the vitriol rubs it’s hands with glee on Gransnet . Such nasty sarcastic posts
If you don’t like this couple just stop being so interested in everything they do say or the very air they breathe

Who said we were interested?

Trump spouts a lot of nonsense as well but I don't get jumped on if I take the piss mickey out of him.

merlotgran Tue 01-Dec-20 16:04:10

Perhaps you'd like to have a go at Greta Thunberg next?

Do you mean the real Greta Thunberg or the one Harry was duped into believing was phoning him. tchhmm

Callistemon Tue 01-Dec-20 16:10:18

Dont forget Emma Thompson!

Yes, some of us do take it all very seriously but wafty hippy-babble by unscientific hypocrites does nothing to enhance our awareness or increase our knowledge.

I don't know what Meghan thinks about it but he is in danger of becoming a laughing stock and I, for one feel no glee, just sadness.

Rosalyn69 Tue 01-Dec-20 16:15:48

It’s not nasty.
It’s just that he sounds so silly.
My son is 28 and I’d say the same to him if he spouted such nonsense.
And yes he should live in Wales. We have raindrops to spare.

JenniferEccles Tue 01-Dec-20 16:17:34

Oh yes please ! Let’s have a go at that extremely annoying Greta child.

She’s been very quiet lately. Has she given up on us all?

Meanwhile back to our poor deluded Harry. How on earth did he fall for that fake phone call?

Lucretzia Tue 01-Dec-20 16:18:33

* Perhaps you'd like to have a go at Greta Thunberg next?*

I wonder what Greta thinks of him

Callistemon Tue 01-Dec-20 16:18:47

They don't plop on the parched ground in Wales either, they tend to band together and flood people's homes.

Callistemon Tue 01-Dec-20 16:19:24

That was in reply to Rosalyn

Rosalyn69 Tue 01-Dec-20 16:19:36

Probably the same as we do Lucretzia.

Summerlove Tue 01-Dec-20 16:20:28

Rosalyn69

It’s not nasty.
It’s just that he sounds so silly.
My son is 28 and I’d say the same to him if he spouted such nonsense.
And yes he should live in Wales. We have raindrops to spare.

Irony.

Rosalyn69 Tue 01-Dec-20 16:20:34

Haha they do so Callistemon

Callistemon Tue 01-Dec-20 16:24:46

In a typical rainstorm in 5 minutes on one square mile:

^One square mile is 4014489600 square inches, so we end up with 4014489600 cubic inches of rain, or 17378700 gallons. There are 90,921 drops of water in one gallon, so multiplying all together... Roughly 1,580,088,782,700 drops of water will fall. Or about 1 1/2 trillion drops.

TerriBull Tue 01-Dec-20 16:33:39

As Merlot so rightly pointed out Trump has been known to spout a load of crap, and I rather think that when Trumpisms have been mulled over and ridiculed on this site defenders of his very own brand of bullshit would be pretty thin on the ground . Bogus nonsense isn't his preserve though, and I guess it depends where the person doing the spouting is lined up on the spectrum of approval among public figures.

merlotgran Tue 01-Dec-20 16:33:47

Harry gave an impassioned speech to mark the launch of a new Netflix-style platform for environmental and conservation documentaries.

I suppose he always knew he'd have to sing for his supper one day.

I wonder what they have lined up for him next?

Maggiemaybe Tue 01-Dec-20 16:34:28

Greta Thunberg is remarkable though, imho.

Harry and Lily - not so much.

trisher Tue 01-Dec-20 16:36:57

He's a rather over privileged individual who was raised to think he was of vital importance. He comes from a family who believe they are somehow special. His father talks to plants (remember when he was the one everyone took the piss out of?). He has had the grace to remove himself from the absolute cess pit he was raised in. Leave him alone. Is it philosophical gold? of course it's not, but it's no more irrational and irrelevant than the stuff the rest of his family spout.

Callistemon Tue 01-Dec-20 16:38:01

Greta practises what she preaches.
People can say what they like but she is not a hypocrite.

Callistemon Tue 01-Dec-20 16:40:41

His father talks to plants (remember when he was the one everyone took the piss out of?)

Actually, a study by the RHS proved that this is beneficial to plants.
I didn't work on our blue hydrangea though, when I threatened it with the compost heap if it didn't perform.