Gransnet forums

Chat

‘What if every single one of us was a raindrop?’ Oh Harry!

(89 Posts)
Urmstongran Tue 01-Dec-20 12:44:34

I actually though he had come to his senses and given up preaching to us about saving the planet, especially considering the way he lives. But, no, he doesn't seem to have a clue at how ridiculous he sounds, I would laugh at him, only he annoys me too much these days.
?

Callistemon Tue 01-Dec-20 16:42:31

I thought everyone talked to their plants confused
I do.
(whispers that very quietly in case anyone thinks I'm wafty too.)

merlotgran Tue 01-Dec-20 16:46:34

I tucked up some plants for the winter today. I always whisper, 'See you next Spring' grin

trisher Tue 01-Dec-20 16:46:49

I knew someone would come up with that! Congratulations Callistemon the point is that it was widely lampooned in the media once. Now everyone claims to be in on it!

Ellianne Tue 01-Dec-20 16:52:47

If you don’t like this couple just stop being so interested in everything they say
I'm interested because the language and the imagery people use to express themselves fascinates me. Urmstongran did put it under "Chat" after all.

annodomini Tue 01-Dec-20 16:53:58

In my last garden I had a weigela which, despite looking stron and healthy, refused to flower. I told it that if it didn't flower one summer, I'd dig it up. It flowered and I didn't get much benefit from it as I moved in the autumn.

eazybee Tue 01-Dec-20 16:56:04

Harry is an overprivileged individual, used to having people listen to what he says by virtue of his birth, not his intelligence.

What he forgets is that his previous public utterances were generally prepared with help from people who wrote good English and knew how to compose a speech; the one he has just made, and I listened to it, is rambling drivel.

Prince Charles' work on the environment, derided at the time, is now applauded. Harry was not raised in a cesspit.

Callistemon Tue 01-Dec-20 16:58:19

trisher

I knew someone would come up with that! Congratulations Callistemon the point is that it was widely lampooned in the media once. Now everyone claims to be in on it!

I do remember and thought at the time 'I do that' but I'm not always complimentary to the plants.

Our weigela has been wonderful this year, annodomini.

merlotgran Tue 01-Dec-20 17:03:11

At the risk of being branded misogynist I suppose the more Harry sounds like he's still in primary school, the more intelligent and worldly wise Meghan comes across.

I doubt it would suit her to be married to a man who is educated in environmental issues and climate change. She would risk being overshadowed and that would never do.

Urmstongran Tue 01-Dec-20 17:20:04

I think he's smoking some of that california legal recreational stuff.
?

Anniebach Tue 01-Dec-20 17:29:28

I have always talked to plants, even give them names, christian
names not plant names .

Millie22 Tue 01-Dec-20 17:38:31

I'm also always talking to my plants. I'd rather talk to them than people sometimes.

Chewbacca Tue 01-Dec-20 19:09:43

Harry et al are perfectly entitled to voice all the twaddle they like in the privacy of their own home and no one has the right to criticise or comment on that because it's private. But as soon as he makes his twaddle talk opinions public, we are all entitled to criticise, give an opinion on it, discuss it or ignore it.

Perhaps you'd like to have a go at Greta Thunberg next? Why? What does she remotely have in common with Harry? confused

rosecarmel Tue 01-Dec-20 20:47:46

Celebrity silliness = millions of dollars- Even during a pandemic, cash rolls in hand over fist- From memoirs to whiskey to candles that smell like vagina- As if they didnt have enough money to last 5 lifetimes prior, they're tapping people for even more during such vulnerable times- Cant even begin to express how inhumane it is, that all these so called politically woke philanthropists dont even think twice about reaching into peoples pockets during a pamdemic- But at the same time people are dumb enough to be so star struck that they are willing- This may not be Harry's shtick, but it's Hollywood's-