Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(80 Posts)
12Michael Wed 02-Dec-20 06:12:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Today a quiet day, although I did suffer yesterday , I have been having spells when going out of breathing problems, with chest pains when wearing a face mask ,although wash them , its when I been to a supermarket I tent to pick up my pace , maybe I should slow down , but with a chest cold system as well , did make an online appointment with surgery with a doctor there for this afternoon phone chat .
Otherwise , looks Xmas on my own , my sister was going to Canada to stay with my niece, but situation in Manitoba with a continuous lockdown makes it impossible .
Its like writing 2020 off all together as everything is in a turmoil .
Take care,
Mick

Blossoming Wed 02-Dec-20 18:11:57

Thank you NanKate. The staff at the GP surgery are always very helpful, the staff at the pharmacy less so! My next prescription is due mid January and I’m going to be changing my nominated pharmacy to one that is actually nearer my home. I’ve asked other people and they’ve given good opinions. I’m still waiting to see what the current one does about my complaint.

NanKate Wed 02-Dec-20 17:41:50

Blossoming welcome back. How awful for you especially as you are not feeling 100%.

I tread very carefully with the staff at the doctors’ because I feel if I stand up for myself, not being rude but assertive, I could be struck off the list. ?

Best of luck with getting some sort of apology.

Blossoming Wed 02-Dec-20 13:36:17

Good afternoon, late to the party as ever. Not enough hours in my day. I don’t know if anybody noticed I’ve been missing for several days as I’m still quite new here. I mentioned in my last post that I was going to the pharmacy to sort out a problem with my regular repeat prescription. I had a really horrible experience thanks to an extremely rude member of staff at the pharmacy and my problem has still not been sorted out. I have complained to their head office and have not yet heard back from them. Not even an acknowledgment of my complaint. The whole thing has been very upsetting and triggered an attack of the on/off stomach upsets that have been a feature of my life for many years. I haven’t had much sleep and wasn’t in a good state of mind for online communication.

Hope everyone one is doing Ok, good news about a vaccine this morning.

Redhead56 Wed 02-Dec-20 12:51:58

Mick and others who maybe be alone at Christmas. You will have all your well wishes from Gransnet to keep you company no matter how busy we all are.

Urmstongran Wed 02-Dec-20 12:48:41

Yes many congratulations on the safe arrival of your grandson AuthorJune. What a weight! He’s nearly ready for work ....
?

GrannyOwl5 Wed 02-Dec-20 12:26:46

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson AuthorJane. He will certainly be a handful!

Callistemon Wed 02-Dec-20 12:09:28

Thanks Lisagran

GrandmasueUK Wed 02-Dec-20 11:40:55

Good morning Mick and all from a dry greater Manchester.

grandMattie so pleased to hear your granddaughter is making good progress.

Great news about the vaccine at last.

I do indeed know where you are coming from Marydoll I'm just the same. Last night I booked an escape room for us to play at the weekend. I thought at first it was going to be a sort of board game but it turns out to be via Zoom. So looking forward to it.

This afternoon is our herding cats Zoom session with friends. The first 20 minutes is spent trying to get everyone the right way up and with sound and there are only five of us! I think Victoria Wood would have loved it. grin

We had a Facetime last night with the family abroad and the five-year-old asks us, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" but tells us straight away and then laughs uproariously. This is now the second week of the same joke smile. I've asked his parents to please teach him another one. The three year old just runs up and down the room, shouting "Chicken on the road!" It's like Bedlam there, but makes for great viewing and cheers us all up.

Hope all with troubles or ills have as good a day as possible. Stay safe flowers

Taichinan Wed 02-Dec-20 11:32:02

Just popped back in to say -

Authorjune very many congratulations on the safe arrival of your big bouncing Grandson! Happy news indeed!

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 02-Dec-20 11:18:43

Good Morning all from Dry Harrogate. Glad you've called the doc Mick, next step is to take the advice given?
Both DH and I are feeling like a couple of old codgers today. Neither of us slept well, and that's in separate rooms!! He is awaiting a call from the doc and wants me to listen in!
Nothing planned for the rest of the day, except cooking, drying washing, walking dog etc.
Please look after yourselves folks and stay safe

Georgesgran Wed 02-Dec-20 11:17:12

Good morning from Durham where it’s cold and crisp - not bad really.
A mixed bag from GN’s today. Congratulations to those with good news and my sympathy for those struggling with ill health and bereavement. These things never pick a good time!

Pondering going further afield today - have only been in Sainsbury’s, M&S and Wilko for months! Might live ‘dangerously’ (heavens - we used to say that jokingly) and hit The Card Factory, then I can write my cards and get them in the post.

Hope everyone has the best day today whatever you’re doing. X

Lisagran Wed 02-Dec-20 11:14:00

These plastic inserts help with breathing whilst wearing masks. Available online - or I got some in a local pharmacy.

FannyCornforth Wed 02-Dec-20 11:11:46

Another late Good Morning from me in Derby.
Some worrying experiences on here today, from Ellan and others, please do take extra special care of yourselves.

farview Wed 02-Dec-20 11:08:47

Alygran..enjoy your memories ?

Feelingmyage55 Wed 02-Dec-20 11:00:25

Good morning from a damp but beautifully north of Scotland. Haven’t popped in few days as I have had a chest infection and not a lot positive to say, but have been reading as always.
grammaretto ? I will be thinking about you on Friday.
GrandMattie. I hope your granddaughter recovers quickly. I guess she might have a bit of work ahead with physio but it will be worth it.
I have bought a small potted tree and think Friday night will be “lights on”.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Urmstongran Wed 02-Dec-20 10:57:48

For those finding mask wearing a bit claustrophobic, try doing what I did in Spain during the summer when it hit 38°C and I was out walking. Just lift the mask from under your chin for a moment or two while you stop and breathe. It really does settle you. Safe too as your nose and mouth are still covered.
?

BlueSapphire Wed 02-Dec-20 10:47:29

Good morning everyone from a dull and grey Northampton. Am running late this morning, so will post now and then come back to read later on. Woke briefly at 7am, then turned over, next thing I knew it was quarter past nine! Just showered and put some washing on.

Made my mince pies yesterday, to be shared between DS and DD. Will make the sausage rolls tomorrow - and feed the cakes as well.

Expecting postal deliveries today, and also Sainsbury's this afternoon. And must try to get out to post sometime as it's youngest sister's wedding anniversary on Monday.

Not in so much pain from my trapped nerve today, thank goodness, still feeling a bit stiff and bruised but still taking the pain killers.

Hoping the day treats us all well.

AuthorJune Wed 02-Dec-20 10:45:07

Good news for a change! I have a new grandson born weighing 9ibs 4.5 ozs. Poor daughter-in-law. Few problems but okay now.

marpau Wed 02-Dec-20 10:39:27

Grammaretto thanksthanks

Callistemon Wed 02-Dec-20 10:35:58

Good morning Mick and everyone.

Mick, I'm not going out as much as you and I am definitely not anti-mask (in fact very pro-mask) but I find when I first put one on then walk a short distance, I am 'panic breathing' and have to slow down and take some deep breaths. I hope it's just that with you but it is important to keep your GP appointment in case you do have a chest infection. ?

EllanVannin take care and phone your GP if you dont feel better after resting. That sounds like a marathon shop and you perhaps overdid it.

Grandmattie your DGD sounds like a brave little girl, very best wishes to her. I thought the morphine pump was wonderful! but I was an adult when I used one, a child may worry if she starts to feel woozy.

It's grey and chilly here, not much on the agenda so I may sort out my Christmas cards and start writing as they finally arrived yesterday.

Taichinan Wed 02-Dec-20 10:17:27

Good morning all. Sunny, cloudless blue skies and 7° on the Angus coast today - we always seem to buck the weather trend here. It's great in winter but can be a bit of a misery when it's supposed to be summer!

Mick I'm so sorry you are feeling so unwell. Take it quietly today, and I hope your phone consultation with the doctor will be successful. And Ellan too. Do take care, and make sure you rest well today. Crumpets and hot chocolate sound very comforting - now relax!

Poor little Iris, Grandmattie. The post-op blues setting in and the pain increasing as the morphine and anaesthetic wear off. But she sounds like a real little trooper and she'll be laughing again soon. Sending her so many virtual hugs - and you too.

All the photos are lovely today and very cheering to see. I just cannot talk myself into feeling Christmassy at all and it's making me feel very down. I'm spending a few days over the festive period with my DS2 and his family, which I know will be lovely, but there's so many ifs and buts around it that I daren't look forward to it too much. My gremlins are having a field day today, sorry. At least I have my health, I tell myself!

Interesting that several people have mentioned itchy skin - I am in your club ladies. The other night I woke up with what felt like a thousand Lilliputians firing their flaming arrows at my neck and arms!

You're right Grammaretto, reality won't be kicking in yet. Do be very kind and gentle to yourself and hold the memories close, including his peaceful passing, at home where he wanted to be, and with you at his side.

Today I have a much-deferred appointment with the dental hygienist. They texted yesterday to confirm that all systems were go, so no escape this time! Then I shall pop into the fishmonger for a piece of breaded haddock for my tea. Day sorted.

Do whatever it takes to have the best day possible - and please do rest if you need to! ???

GrannyOwl5 Wed 02-Dec-20 10:12:13

Good morning everyone from another sunny and chilly north Kent

EllanVannin hope you are feeling better although I am reassured that you are recovering as the crumpets have appeared! No shopping expeditions for the near future.

? for Dragonfly and Alygran and an extra bunch ? for those feeling a bit under the weather. Hope Grandmafrech is on the mend.

Marydoll DH and I have already had a small domestic about the positioning of outdoor Christmas lights. I am drawing on the diminishing reservoir of calm patience whilst smiling through gritted teeth and bulging eyes.

Hope little Iris continues with her brave recovery and thoughts with Grammaretto

Have a good day and stay safe. The vaccine is here so let’s not let our guard down now!

gillgran Wed 02-Dec-20 09:49:53

Good Morning to you all from an overcast, but dry Cambs.,
According to the weather forecast, this looks like the last dry day for a week.!

Mick, sorry to hear you are feeling poorly, hope the doctor is able to help & that you soon feel better.

I'm pleased your DGD's operation was successful, grandMattie, her journey to recovery is new, so all warm, healing, wishes for you.

Do take care EllanVannin, as I've advised others before, do "pace yourself".!

Loving all the photos, thank you.
MawBe, that throw is looking good.

Ashcombe, that's a grand tree & lights.

Also Gingster's beautiful one.

You've reminded me, Urmstongran, with your candle bridge, I must get ours out, we call them a welcome light. (I love it).

Thank you all. flowers

Take Care Folks.

GrannySomerset Wed 02-Dec-20 09:43:45

Grey, still and blank day here with ironing and letter writing the only plans. Waiting to get the car back so that I can take all the rubbish stacked up in the garage to the tip.

A mixed bag of posts his morning. So sorry to hear that Mick and Ellan are not well, and wishing Grandmattie’s brave girl rapid improvement. I am envious of those of you entertaining grandchildren, even the hurricanes; we have only seen ours once this year and as teenagers they are changing so much.

annsixty Wed 02-Dec-20 09:39:43

I have just read through the previous posts and thought I should sympathise with Ellan, I also had a funny turn yesterday but fortunately I do not have AF.
I was folding clean laundry and suddenly my shoulders were so weak I had to stop.
Later I was going upstairs and had feeling like all my energy had been zapped from my body, my legs hardly had the strength to hold me.
I carried on up on all fours, made it to my bed and lay there until I felt better.
I had to tell my GD as I knew I probably wouldn’t be able to cook dinner.
I rested for most of the day, didn’t want any food but am better this morning.
I will admit it scared me, I was alone in the house and I am very old.
Time to get an alarm to wear I think.