Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(74 Posts)
12Michael Thu 03-Dec-20 06:14:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark ,and its raining this morning in Brackley .
Anyway , yesterday I had the call from a Doctor from my surgery , explained the symptoms which I have been having , it was suggested I have my twice yearly blood test at the surgery , and this will be followed by aa phone consultation with the nurse after a few days later, i seem to have a reaction to the current flu jab, which may have similarity's to coronavirus .
Today , will catch bus to Bicester to visit a cafe I use c/w with xmas card , plus a small shop as well before ereturning home .
Take care,
Mick

Marydoll Thu 03-Dec-20 08:14:42

Good morning all from a very cold Glasgow.
I'm delighted to hear Iris is much brighter GM.
Oh Ashcombe, I feel your disappointment. sad. How awful for you.
Baubles I'm envious of your new furniture. We were supposed to get our living room stripped and wallpapered, a new carpet and new furniture in the spring, but I wasn't well enough and then of course we couldn't!
I too have stuff for the BHF, which I can't put it in the garage as our resident mouse mouse ? will have a nibble!
I do hope your dizziness has settled down and you are feeling much better and that goes for EV too. ?

Im sure you will all be delighted to hear that for the first time in 43 years, DH and I did NOT fall out over how to dress the Christmas tree! ?
We had broken lights, smashed baubles and our very old musical ornament, with skating figures was broken. Oh and the donkey in the crib had two broken legs. ?
This is the first time in over twenty years, we do not have a new figure from Rome to put in our nativity scene. It had become a tradition for us, trawling Rome, looking for a new crib figures. Nothing is in proportion, the holy pizza maker, is actually smaller than the holy turkey. ?

Unfortunately the day didn't end too well. I obviously overdid things and I began to feel quite unwell, poor DH was flapping. He ended having to make the dinner again, as I slept for hours!
I was due an annual angiogram in August, but I haven't seen the cardiologist in over a year, therein lies the problem. There isn't anything that can be done for me, just tweaks in medication. However, as I'm involved in research, funded by BHF, I see the experts. It will not help me, but what they learn may help other women in the future. Im unusual in that I do not fit any of the criteria for my condition, which is why I'm perfect for the study. I knew I was still of of use to someone.?

Today we will decorate the second tree, but that only involves dressing it, all the hard work is done, thank goodness.
I have also finished DD's wedding album, of which I'm extremely proud!! Blowing my own trumpet here. blush
I managed to get a 40% discount, which paid for a smaller one for my SIL to send to his sister in the USA, as she was so disappointed at being unable to fly due to the pandemic.
Its a surprise gift for Christmas and I'm so looking forward to seeing their faces on Christmas Day.

Wishing you all a pleasant day. I will pop back later for a catch up.

Nortsat Thu 03-Dec-20 08:15:50

Good morning Mick and the GM team from east London, where it is still quite dark, despite it being 8.03 ... and it’s raining.
Glad to hear you spoke with your GP Mick.

I have written half of my Christmas cards, particularly those which need posting. My partner posted my overseas cards. It’s all the talk on this thread which has given me a push, to get on with my cards ... and plan to put the tree up. Bella your tree and lights are very pretty.

Mattie, so pleased to hear Iris is doing well and is in good spirits. She’s a brave little soul, you must be very proud of her. I love the name Iris, as it was my mother’s name and consequently I love the flowers too.

Pantglas kedgeree for breakfast sound lovely.
You’re right the Temperance Movement is back in Wales.

Hope Mary and Cherry had a decent night. Thoughts with Grammaretto and with gilly. Have a good day, all. ?

Oldbutstilluseful Thu 03-Dec-20 08:16:15

Good morning from a rainy, cold, dark N Hants. I’m so impressed by how everyone remembers all the news from posters, I have to keep going backwards and forwards, so lose my post, but I send my good wishes and commiserations for each and everyone.

I may receive a Debenhams deliver today ?.

I’m popping out today to try and get a luggage lock for a leather journal I’ve bought my granddaughter. She hasn’t asked for anything particular and I do think girls like somewhere they can keep their secrets, so hopefully she will like this.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Pittcity Thu 03-Dec-20 08:21:13

I'm the same as you oldbutstilluseful and don't even try to mention everyone individually.
I'm sure all enveloping love is sent by all to all ❤️

Oldbutstilluseful Thu 03-Dec-20 08:24:21

Glad it’s not just me Pittcity, thanks for the reassurance ?

ginny Thu 03-Dec-20 08:25:45

Good Morning all. No pretty skies today. It is grey and drizzling.

Had a lovely chat with DGS yesterday. He was in the car and I was on the driveway. He said he didn’t like the germ because he wanted to come in my house and play with me. Made me feel sad but we are lucky to at least see him .

I need to buy a frame for a special painting ( a gift for DD2s birthday ) so we are going to brave a quick trip out this morning.

Bits and pieces to do and this evening I have a zoom art class.

Hope you all find a ? today.

Grammaretto Thu 03-Dec-20 08:28:28

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. We have a dusting of snow but I was woken by the delivery driver from Oban, somewhere on the M8 where he's delayed due to heavy snow! He delivers every Thursday to our community shop but that was DH's domain.
I would like a quiet day today but I'll be making up beds for the English contingent arriving for tomorrow's funeral.
Sorry your plans are dashed by covid Ashcombe - the fickle finger of fate again.
Your DGD sounds like such a strong and brave girl grandMatte
Sending love to her and wishing you all the best of days.

Gingster Thu 03-Dec-20 08:30:35

Good morning all and it seems we all have a grey day. Lucky it’s the festive season with our trees and lights twinkling away to brighten us up. Lovely tree Bellasnanna ?.

Sorry about your disappointment Ashcombe .

Grandmattie it’s amazing how the nurses/physios get us going after a major op . Children seem To be bounce back quickly so I’m sure your little Iris will go from strength to strength. ?.

Gretduster I know how you feel with the FaceTiming. ?. I hate it.

Hope your bloods reveal whats wrong Mick and then you can be treated accordingly. ?

Glad your parcel has been delivered at long last Sar. Perhaps after all the problems, they won’t charge you. ?

My DIL has just picked up my DH to take him to hospital to have his stitches out after his ear op last week. She’s a lovely kind girl, who is always ready to help out. Bless her! I hope she doesn’t have to wait for too long outside in the car. ?

I went for a lovely walk in the countryside yesterday with my old friend/neighbour, with our little pooches. 42 years ago we were both in hospital having our babies. We were friends before and it was a coincidence we were both in at the same time.

DD is popping in for a coffee after the school run, as she is working later and we’ll have a quick catch up

Dmw I thought the same with the film Christmas Chronicles. Very disappointed after all the family had raved about it. ?.

Good wishes to all for a happy, healthy day. ??

Gingster Thu 03-Dec-20 08:33:29

Gramaretto I hope all goes well tomorrow and you get through your day without too much sadness. ?

Alygran Thu 03-Dec-20 08:34:34

Good morning from North Yorkshire where is is grey and wet.
Ironing to do this morning and perhaps start writing cards later.
Had a lovely FaceTime chat with DD1 last night. Pantglas I’m the same I hardly get to chat just to her.
Sending good wishes to all with struggles and sadness. Stay safe everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 03-Dec-20 08:35:56

Good morning Mick and all

Good that you have a telephone appointment with your doctor Mick hope you are feeling better soon.

GrandMattie Iris has a long journey ahead but she seems to be a very brave young lady.

Ashcombe how utterly disappointing for you not to be able to spend Christmas with your DH, will keep everything crossed for your reunion soon ?

At last Sar53 the elusive parcel has arrived!!

We went to our local pub for dinner last night and we both came away very gloomy, it was so quiet, it’s by the station so under normal circumstances it’s very buzzy early evening. We did not see one person we knew, I really feel so sad for the hospitality industry and fear there will be many closures and job losses to come.

No plans for today just done faffing around I guess, might bring the real tree in to acclimatise before decorating.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Ashcombe Thu 03-Dec-20 08:44:57

Just popping back to thank all you lovely people for your kind words over my disappointment. Such thoughtfulness is much appreciated.

Grammaretto: brilliant alliteration there!

NannyJan53 and NanKate: the lamp came from The Range and contains a little string of LED lights, powered by battery.

Make the most of your day, everyone and stay well.

Anniebach Thu 03-Dec-20 08:55:15

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Thu 03-Dec-20 09:14:07

Good morning from an overcast and cool NE.
DH had his scan in a portable unit and did not have to enter the hospital, one less point of contact. He was not there long, I was pleased because he had to rest all afternoon before his appointment.
Each night this week, at 6pm, GDs' school are live streaming their Christmas concerts. I have enjoyed them, don't normally get to see all the classes.
Deliveries from online shopping is very slow but thankfully have main present for each GC.
Thought I would go back on the Debenhams website last night, told I was in the queue, 15 minutes, went to make a cuppa and when I returned the screen said I missed my slot and I was now at the end of the queue. Thank you but no thank you Debenhams, you can keep your sale goods.
Must write some cards, had one from someone who hasn't bothered for years, to be honest I thought they must have died.
Take care everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 03-Dec-20 09:15:44

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry and still. I am Day 6 out of 14 days isolation and have settled in nicely. ‘Snug as a bug in a rug’.

I’m late - 40 posts already before 9am! This popular thread has garnered many extra (and very welcome!) new posters this year. Maybe I’ll start setting my alarm clock .... ha!

I’ve just been listening to the wonderfully reassuring expert Professor Van Tam on Breakfast tv. He’s definitely my ‘go to’ expert!

What to do today? Hmm. Can’t go out. Decisions, decisions! All of them solitary but highly enjoyable as far as I’m concerned. A book, a film or documentary on catch up, phone a couple of friends for a natter. Relax, eat nice foods. No alcohol now for the last 10 days and I intend to continue for the foreseeable as I’m sleeping deeply and not even waking once during the night. Bliss! I suppose to a shame I enjoy the stuff because I bet I’m better off without it.

Right, I’ve just had a second cuppa put on my bedside table by Himself, good man. I’m going to sit now & read all your ‘doings’.

Hope Thursday is good to us all. By the way, our Covid warrior is WFH this week. Mornings only on her laptop. She is delighted to be easing herself back into harness and grateful after 9 weeks to be well enough to concentrate well enough to do so. I’m a happy mum as you can imagine. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

NannyJan53 Thu 03-Dec-20 09:21:32

Good Morning NanKate

Looks like I may make a trip to The Range Ashcombe there is one not too far from here. Thanks for the info

LauraNorder Thu 03-Dec-20 09:23:46

Good morning Mick, hope you get your health back on track soon, try to take it easy until your doctor has sorted things out for you.
Good morning all from cool and dry Anglesey.
Glad Grandmabatty sorted out my geography, don’t know why I thought Polmont was in Brittany! I’d be worried at snow there already.
Gosh your little Iris is a brave little trooper grandMattie. Sounds as though it’ll be a long slog for her but worth it.
I know what you mean Pantglas about having our children to ourselves every now and then, much as we love the whole family those one to one moments are special.
Oh Ashcombe, how disappointing for you, however I think you’re wise to take the timing of the vaccine in to account. Better to delay and be safe, the reunion will be wonderful when it does happen.
The Christmas tree stories and photos are lovely to hear and see.
Marydoll you are such an inspiration, so much going on and so upbeat in spite of everything and even when you are struggling you make others smile. You too EllanV, and I love some of your descriptive and amusing expressions.
Wishing you all a good day and thinking of Grammaretto, let your guests make up their own beds, they’ll
understand. If you feel you need some quiet time then take it. Be kind to yourself.

CherryCezzy Thu 03-Dec-20 09:26:41

Good morning from the Gower. It's raining, stopping, raining, stopping and raining here today. More rain heading your way your way Lins.

Glad you enjoyed Pantglas ☺️

I don't know quite what happened to me yesterday, no seizures but I was completely wiped out and slept the day away. Marydoll I'm in that same undesirable elite "club" as you. I know that each and every one of us is unique but (forgive the word coinage) we're just uniquer I guess. My brain is being donated to Kings in London so hopefully I too will be a help to others one day.

Ashcombe as others have said your own woe is no less valid than anyone elses. I hope you do manage to see your DH.

Iris is a trooper grandMattie, I'm so pleased she managed to get into her wheelchair. You can all be proud of her ?

I'm glad your DH's appointment went well yesterday Lins. So many of you with either loved ones or yourselves having hospital appointments today ? for each and every one of you.

Pleased you are feeling a bit better today Ellan. Try and have an easier day today eh

Grammaretto once the beds have been made and the family from England arrived take comfort from one another. We are all thinking of you and will be very much so tomorrow ((hugs))

Be kind to yourselves everyone.

MawBe Thu 03-Dec-20 09:34:34

Mick I have not yet read the other posts on this thread but could I seriously suggest you have a Covid test immediately?
They are readily available and lots of people are having them. As a diabetic you are at risk and you have been out and about. The flu jab should not cause the sort of reaction you describe.
Now minding my manners, Good Morning all from N Bucks where it is raining
Me and my homey are having a nice cuppa indoors and no way are we going out until we absolutely have to.
I will get on with writing Christmas cards, sewing up my throw and making some more pink grapefruit and pomegranate seed gin.
Wishing you all as pleasant a day as circs permit.

Grandmabatty Thu 03-Dec-20 09:36:57

Lauranorder I wish I was in Brittany! It took me thirty minutes to clear the thick ice from the car! ☺

Marydoll Thu 03-Dec-20 09:39:44

Grandmabatty, I was about to go out to the garage when DH stopped me, everything is frozen solid and our road is a skating rink! I'm so glad I'm retired and there are no more early mornings battling my way to work!!! grin

Urmstongran Thu 03-Dec-20 09:49:45

Urmston town centre is on Breakfast tv now! The discussion about meat eating.
?

Grandmabatty Thu 03-Dec-20 09:50:08

Marydoll I heartily concur. I was picking up dgs otherwise I wouldn't have gone out. It is lovely to look out at a light snow dusting the roofs. We are busy singing The wheels on the bus at the moment with appropriate actions and reading the very hungry caterpillar with inappropriate sound effects (all by me to great hilarity)

Susan56 Thu 03-Dec-20 09:54:36

Good morning from Shropshire.Rain forecast for most of the day with snow later.

Have only just woken up?must have needed the sleep.

We have a list of things to do in the house today, hopefully won’t take long and then can get on with reading one of my new books.

Ashcombe, so sorry it looks like you won’t be able to get to France for Christmas?

Grandmattie, Iris is a little star and so brave???

Cherry and Mary hope both of you take it easy today and Ellan glad you are feeling better.

Grammaretto?

Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Thu 03-Dec-20 09:57:30

Marydoll, love the holy pizza maker?