Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(99 Posts)
12Michael Fri 04-Dec-20 06:11:37

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its dark, and its dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Today , pick up wreathes for family graves , do a shop undecided which supermarket to use .
Did bus to Bicester yesterday , did my usual cafe stop with snack , was tempted to get my haircut as well , as men's hairdressers had nobody in there.
Take Care ,
Mick

Alygran Fri 04-Dec-20 07:49:10

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s not light yet but I think it’s dry after very heavy rain late yesterday. Got about a third of my cards written so will try to finish them today and over the weekend.
Shopping this morning then FaceTime with DGS. He is off school for an inset day, just one day after returning from isolation as a classmate tested positive. I do worry about how little time they are getting in school.
Hairdressers at 5.
Thinking of Grammaretto today.
Stay safe everyone

Grandmabatty Fri 04-Dec-20 07:56:57

Good morning All. I was expecting a thick covering of snow according to the local forecast last night but Polmont has sleety rain. I think it might be slippy though. First of all my thoughts are with Grammarretto for a hard day. MawBe said everything I wanted to.
I'm babysitting again today but at dd's house as she's expecting a furniture delivery and she is getting her hair done. It's not a hardship for me as I love spending time with her and dgs. Yesterday he was struggling with a cold so we stayed in and played. There were lots of cuddles too which was a mixed blessing because of the cold. Enough said! Tonight is a tesco delivery with almost the last of the Christmas gifts. Scentia an exciting day for you and your family to find out the sex of your new addition. Ashcombe the vase is very pretty. I put cream and gold baubles in a vase which was my grandmother's. I hope you all have a good day.

annsixty Fri 04-Dec-20 08:05:09

Good morning all from a dark Stockport, I can say no more as I haven’t looked out yet.

Thoughts are with Grammaretto today, saying goodbye is the hardest thing.

Sainsbury’s delivery early afternoon. Now my GD is back at work, I have no help to put it all away and as I still need a crutch and it is all left in the porch, I do struggle.
At least it is delivered though, I, like so many, haven’t been in a shop of any kind since early March.

Hope to get the tree up this weekend, a bit of light in a gloomy world.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Oldbutstilluseful Fri 04-Dec-20 08:06:52

Good morning from a gloomy and damp N Hants. Heavy rain all day yesterday and really strong winds overnight. What with snow in some areas, this is definitely time to be careful out there.
Think I might venture to a garden centre this morning, they seem to have some good bargains, if there are any left!
Special thoughts to Grammaretto today, and good to hear that Urmstongrans Covid warrior is winning her battle.

Pittcity Fri 04-Dec-20 08:10:26

This is Colchester and it's still falling steadily, Gingster.

Grandmadougal Fri 04-Dec-20 08:13:02

Good morning from a still wet and cold Norfolk.

Trip out today for bits and bobs.

Spent yesterday restringing the Christmas baubles ready for the tree tomorrow, nothing more frustrating than not being able to get them on the tree, one bag left to go.

Restarting child care from Monday, looking forward to it immensely.

Have a good day everyone.

GrandmasueUK Fri 04-Dec-20 08:15:48

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a dark and dry Greater Manchester.

Thoughts and good wishes especially go out to Gramaretto and Maw today. flowers

I'm finally going to try printing after taking several days of lino cutting. I'l address the envelopes whilst the ink is drying. So a quiet day ahead.

Hope everyone with ills or worries has as peaceful a day as possible, especially MD who has been very kind to me. flowers Stay safe tchsmile

farview Fri 04-Dec-20 08:20:40

A quick good morning everyone...just want to send a (((((hug)))) to Grammaretto...
Thinking about little Iris ..and everyone else with worry or pain...
gillybob please know that we are all,always, thinking about you..??

harrigran Fri 04-Dec-20 08:20:43

Good morning from a now dry NE, we had torrential rain all night.
Various jobs to do today, mainly sort out Christmas cards.
Sister is going to come and leave a parcel on the doorstep, in return I will leave her a bag of books and her card.
DH has a hospital appointment at lunchtime, will need painkillers before he can leave the house, walking with difficulty.
I am envious of all those who say their shopping is finished, deliveries are painfully slow and only two have arrived so far, even my medical supplier has told me it will be at least a week.
What to eat today ? DH was tempted by a vegetable pizza yesterday and ate the most he has done for weeks.
My thoughts are with Grammaretto today.

Gingster Fri 04-Dec-20 08:27:21

Looking very pretty pittcity

dragonfly46 Fri 04-Dec-20 08:33:03

Good morning, at least it is dry in Leicestershire.

Finished my cards and sorted my presents out yesterday so may get the decorations down.

My thoughts too are with Grammaretto and her family.
Maw flowers

LauraNorder Fri 04-Dec-20 08:33:48

Good morning Mick and all from dry but breezy Anglesey.
My thoughts are with you today Grammaretto.
You too Maw.

Marydoll Fri 04-Dec-20 08:34:32

Good morning all from a very chilly Glasgow. My first thoughts were with Grammaretto and her difficult day ahead. I checked the weather where she stays and it is heavy snow. sad
Maw a difficult day for you too. Be gentle with yourself.?

DH should have been golfing, but the roofs/rooves of the cars are covered in white stuff, ? so my empty has been cancelled.
The good news is that DH can lift the Tesco order into the house for a change.
Does anyone dislike those plastic liners as much as me? Try to lift them and everything falls out!

Talking of deliveries, I was so excited yesterday (# sad person) to get an email from Morrisons offering me delivery slots for the first time ever.
Before lockdown I shopped weekly in Morrisons, but obviously can't go nowadays. Although I have weekly Tesco delivery, there are some things I just can't get from them.
Anyway Morrisons were offering £12 off and extra points.
Since DD was planning to go to Morrisons on Tuesday for me, I messaged and said not to go, which protects her too.
So far so good. Logged onto Morrisons and it was so much easier to navigate than Tesco's site. To my delight, I found the items I couldn't get, and a few things for DD as well. I even managed to get the £12 discount.

Later last night I was shopping doing some internet reesearch when my phone kept beeping. Eventually I went to check and there was frantic message from DD:
Sorry mum, I tried to add to your Morrisons shopping and Mastercard have blocked your credit card, I need the code sent to your phone.
Of course it was too late and I then had to phone M&S Bank to get it unblocked!!
We do this all the time with Tesco and it's never a problem, but DD had triggered a fraud alert.
I have to give M&S credit for protecting my account and I'm not complaining about the hassle. I could hear myself gibbering on to the agent about being stuck shielding since March and DD doing my shopping. I had to convince him I actually had my card in my hand and then go through all the security questions like : What was the middle name of your great granny's best friend? ?

Then the embarrassing bit. Have you just been shopping in TKmaxx and ......and .......... No, I don't need to know what you bought
When we put up the second tree yesterday, we found some of our musical, nativity snow globes were on their last legs, so I was looking for replacements. We usually bring them back from our annual Rome trip and they hold many happy memories. Some not so happy, like when DH was taken away at Fumicino airport, for carrying a suspected bomb! ☺
I also spent an hour trying to find out which bulb on the candle bridge was faulty. None were, I hadn't switched it on. blush I have turned into a doddery old woman. ?

The best part yesterday was when my (semi estranged) son messaged to ask if I would like a Zoom chat with my wee granddaughter today. ? Christmas has come early for us!

Hoping wee Iris is making good progress and sending hugs to all who are struggling, whatever the cause.
I believe Grandmafrench hasn't been too well either. ?

I must go and salt the drive, before the Tesco driver falls on his bahookie! ❄⛸

Stilllearning Fri 04-Dec-20 08:36:00

Morning from a very snowy S Lanarkshire, looks quite deep in fact. Thoughts with Grammaretto this morning and thanks to Maw who with her own experience of sadness, expressed it beautifully.
Card writing, present wrapping today, hope by the evening I’ll feel more organised. A peaceful day to all.

BlueSapphire Fri 04-Dec-20 08:38:03

Good morning everyone from a grey and chilly looking Northampton. For once I did not turn over when I woke at 7am, but got up straight away, and have already had my tea and a crumpet with jam. At least it is dry, and not pouring with rain like it was all day yesterday.

I managed to make three dozen sausage rolls for DS and DD for Christmas, and they are now in the freezer. Well there were three dozen, I did sneak two or three (for test purposes only!).

Hoping to make a lemon drizzle cake this morning to take to DD's this evening. Will try and get to the post box as well.

Thinking of Grammaretto today. And also Maw.

Kim19 Fri 04-Dec-20 08:41:08

Grammaretto, I rather think there will be snow in your area. Certainly hope it doesn't make your day any more difficult than it promises to be. Can't get you out of my mind.?

Feelingmyage55 Fri 04-Dec-20 08:41:30

Good morning from a snow covered, silent north of Scotland.
Thinking especially of grammaretto and family today.
Chores await but I might have another coffee first and watch the busy birds.

BlueSapphire Fri 04-Dec-20 08:42:07

Some of my sausage rolls!

Gelisajams Fri 04-Dec-20 08:43:33

Good morning from a dry clear Morecambe Bay where I can see the snow on the Cumbrian Fells.
DH is putting our exercise mats out and carrying the weights downstairs. I had a very lazy day yesterday though.
Thinking particularly of Grandmafrench and grandmattie
and all with problems of one sort or another.
Enjoy your mystery tour Beechnut
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

ginny Fri 04-Dec-20 08:43:49

A rather late Good Morning to you all. It is dull and damp here in N. Bucks. Those of you who have snow, please do not generous and share it around.

? for Grammaretto.

Lots of little jobs to do today which will keep me busy

This evening I’m going to watch 42nd street on YouTube. Love all the brilliant tap dancing.

Wishing some ? for you all.

Nortsat Fri 04-Dec-20 08:46:56

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a chilly east London.

Grammaretto all good thoughts to you today. ?

Maw good thoughts to you too. Three years is such a short time.?

My partner says he is sure I will have a better day today, as this week hasn’t been great. I will finish my Christmas cards ready for posting. Then on to the wrapping and posting of the parcels.

The dishwasher man came yesterday but couldn’t diagnose the problem, as it had righted itself. So we have to wait for it to go wrong again... The blinking thing is only 14 months old.

Hope Mary and Cherry had a decent night.
Hang in there Ashcombe.
Hope Iris continues to make good progress Mattie ... I am sure the long, black velvet skirt will be a hit.
Still thinking of gilly, too.

Have a good day all.

NannyJan53 Fri 04-Dec-20 08:47:33

Good Morning from a very cold and damp Black Country.

Had an enjoyable Zoom monthly meeting with U3A yesterday , it was a talk on Dudlaaaaay (Dudley) Castle, from when it was first built in 11th Century.

My Partner has to isolate from today, as they will be doing his Cataract on 18th. I said that surely I will have to as well, but he said they didn't mention that. It seems logical to me that I should though?

Lovely photo Pittcity just happy there is no snow here smile I lived near Colchester in the 70's in a village called Thorrington. My DS was born in Clacton hospita.

My love and good wishes to Grammaretto today and Maw flowers

Gilly is constantly in my thoughts, and I fervently hope she and her family are ok

Gelisajams Fri 04-Dec-20 08:48:25

Hope everything goes well today for Grammaretto especially with the weather as it is.?

Susan56 Fri 04-Dec-20 08:49:46

Good morning from Shropshire.We didn’t get the promised snow/sleet just rain.

Looking after H today then school pick up for DGD later.

Mary so pleased you got to speak to your little granddaughter??

Ann, we have asked the delivery driver to take mum’s shopping to the back door so it is put straight in the kitchen which makes it easier.We have also rearranged the kitchen a bit so he can place the shopping on the table so not as much bending down.

Scentia, let us know what the omelette mix is like.Our grandson has severe allergies two of which are dairy and eggs.He basically has a vegan diet with meat?so we are always looking for new ideas for him to try.

Thinking of Grammaretto today?and also Maw?

Nortsat Fri 04-Dec-20 08:51:51

Bluesapphire ... I volunteer for testing duty on your sausage rolls. My partner would willing test half a dozen for you, too.
Yum ...