Gransnet forums

Chat

Any plans for outdoor activity today?

(37 Posts)
Riverwalk Sat 05-Dec-20 08:27:58

It's cold but brightening up outside - just waiting for my big breakfast to go down then I'll be off to yomp the streets and Thames Path.

Getting a bit fed up of walking - it's all I do! But do enjoy it and today will catch up on the gossip with my best friend who's been away a couple of weeks.

Kate1949 Sat 05-Dec-20 14:26:56

I walked here today (behind our house). It's the only place I walk but it cheers me up smile

Jaxjacky Sat 05-Dec-20 15:02:36

I was going out, just to the postbox until the hail descended..abandoned, magnana.

PamelaJ1 Sat 05-Dec-20 15:11:51

Played tennis again for the first time in 4 weeks. Fabulous.

Puzzler61 Sat 05-Dec-20 15:14:20

We had some things to take to our DD’s. Too far to walk.
We drove, parked on their drive and DH opened the boot of our car, put blankets on the ridge and we sat and talked to them while they were on their doorstep.
It’s wasn’t great and I’d rather be indoors with them (my bum went numb and cold) but it’s better than nothing.

Maggiemaybe Sat 05-Dec-20 16:07:04

I’ve just been for a brisk walk round, testing out my new Tier-3-sitting-in-the-park-in-the-cold long, padded coat. One reviewer said she sent hers back because it made her look like a big black bear. It has the same effect on me, but I’ve kept it, opting for substance over style.

farview Sat 05-Dec-20 16:15:38

Apart from the cold...its been a beautifully sunny,sharp day...had friends dog so parked at nearby Smithills Hall and took one of the many paths from there to the moors...had our 4yr old hurricane with me and he made a nice walk into a delightful one..."look at all this moss grandma" "can you hear the trees chatting grandma" ? I always like the word rustling..but think will now prefer chatting ???

TerriBull Sat 05-Dec-20 16:22:34

An hour's walk in Bushy Park. Saturday so busier than weekdays, but everyone manages to keep their distance and less lycra clad aggressive cycling maniacs to dodge than nearby Richmond Park

Lilypops Mon 07-Dec-20 22:59:03

Liz46 Such a shame the pirate boat got wrecked in the storm. There is a lot of wood there waiting to used to remaking the ship.
It’s a lovely walk along the prom and a coffee in cafe cream ,

Riverwalk Thu 10-Dec-20 13:24:31

It's very dull and grey today, with a damp chill in the air - nevertheless I did an hour's walk and will go out again later to run a few errands.

I'd like a bit of sunshine! sunshine

travelsafar Thu 10-Dec-20 14:08:06

Had a walk to town today and met a friend at Costa Coffee, we sat outside rather than inside in the warm with lots of people not wearing masks. It wasn't too bad to start with, then slowly we felt the cold seeping into our bones. It was lovely to see her as she is going through a serious medical issue at the moment with an operation scheduled for NYE. I just let her talk and offered support if she needs it in any way i can help. We parted and felt i wanted to hug her but SD meant that wasn't allowed. But it was lovely to see her and we will keep in touch via vidieo and calls. Walking home i felt so sad for her.

Maggiemaybe Thu 10-Dec-20 15:53:33

I went for a bracing long walk in the drizzle to buy more Christmas cards and stamps and felt smug that I’d soon be hearing my MiFit buzz as I hit the daily steps target. Till I took my coat off and realised I hadn’t put it back on after my shower. envy