Gransnet forums

Chat

Lockdown Looks

(79 Posts)
Blossoming Sat 05-Dec-20 20:14:13

I am currently sporting a mint green shortie nightie from M&S and a huge ‘old lady’ style navy plush dressing gown, also from M&S. The look is finished off by some fluffy pink and grey house socks from Weird Fish. I feel the socks add pastel accents.

Hit me with your lockdown fashions ladies (and any gents if there are any around).

Lucca Sun 06-Dec-20 10:29:23

V3ra

Well all I can say is my son would have been happy to see any of you!
He does a part-time food delivery round and more than once yesterday evening people answered the door to him with no clothes on ?

Really ? How bizarre.

Jan51 Sun 06-Dec-20 10:32:20

Until 30 mins ago I was in pjs. I've just had a shower so am now in black leggings and a long t-shirt. It's a set I bought from JD Williams that are suppose to be pyjamas but the leggings are really good quality and a nice thickness so I wear them during the day, although they are also good enough if have to pop to the corner shop. I only wear short sleeved tops at home as DH has the house so hot and even when I go out I can only wear thin tops under a coat other wise I'm wilting after about 10 minutes. I see some really nice jumpers around and am quite envious of thoose who can wear them.

Blossoming Sun 06-Dec-20 10:37:28

I’m wearing indigo jeggings, a grey marl t-shirt and charcoal hoody. The pink and grey fluffy socks again. This is pretty much my lockdown outfit at the moment, sometimes with thermal leggings and vest underneath. All my pretty summer frocks are on velvet hangers in mothproof bags, in the airing cupboard. We had a moth problem in our lovely walk-in airing cupboard a while back so when the boiler was being replaced we stripped it, cleaned and sprayed everywhere including all the shelves and the hanging rail. Took the opportunity to declutter too.

Beanie654321 Sun 06-Dec-20 10:39:37

Well I haven't bothered with slippers at all favouring very thick wollen socks, walk socks in Artic, with another 2 pairs of socks underneath. A pair of long shorts that are far to big and a baggy t shirt and an apron. Im comfy and no one visits. Xx

Mamma7 Sun 06-Dec-20 10:44:54

I get dressed every day but by 7pm I’m in a fleece onesie - brilliant although very unflattering! I had a Disney one but bought 3 more at the start of latest lockdown (with hood and ears ?) - much warmer than my fleece floor length M&S dressing gown. Add fluffy socks to be completely covered! The temptation to wear it all day is very strong and the added bonus is GC thinks I’m extra cuddly.

Alioop Sun 06-Dec-20 11:03:47

Navy jeggings that I've about 8 pairs of, a long chunky jumper, thick socks and reindeer slippers that the noses flash when I walk that my friends daughters bought me. My dog takes delight jumping on them an odd time when I'm walking around. Was out along the sea front this morning with her before 8am, but I remembered to change into my trainers....

inishowen Sun 06-Dec-20 11:21:49

Turquoise blue short nightie, purple dressing gown and summer sandals! I hate slippers. Just about to go for a shower as I want to go out for a Sunday paper.

NotTooOld Sun 06-Dec-20 11:22:27

Denim jeggings, pink cashmere sweater (from Tesco's sale many moons ago), skechers canvas shoes, no socks. Our house is warm. I'll be in my 'evening dress' of leggings, t-shirt and no bra before it gets dark and by 8pm (when the house is really hot from the woodburner) I'll be in my birthday suit. Very liberating - everyone should try it!

f77ms Sun 06-Dec-20 11:32:58

Black leggings with tights under. Green wooly jumper with camisole and two tee shirts under! I'm so nesh these days. No bra because I'm not going out!

Gilly1952 Sun 06-Dec-20 11:35:14

Hair piled into a messy “updo”, no make-up (but I have washed and moisturised my face!) very old tee shirt (no bra, of course) black fat pants and old pink cardigan! I intend to spend the day cooking which will include a curry, so will have to wash my hair later as can’t stand smelly hair. Tomorrow afternoon when I see my partner (we don’t live together), I will make an effort to glam myself up, although he is very kind and says I don’t need make-up, I feel much better when I do make the effort!

jenni123 Sun 06-Dec-20 11:46:03

@coolgran65. I couldn't deal with the cpap it made me feel so claustrophobic and every time I moved it moved slightly so air was coming out of the side and making a noise. after a week I took it back.
Back to the thread, I lived in Egypt for 13 years and got used to wearing galabayas and as I am housebound that is what I wear most of the time. comfortable, non restrictive, easy to wash.

Caro57 Sun 06-Dec-20 11:47:48

jeans, t shirt and fleece - blooming cold here and was out feeding sheep and birds earlier. No make up as they don't notcie but it will be there tomorrow as I venture out........hair needs a cut though!

Bijou Sun 06-Dec-20 11:47:54

Even though I live alone I always dress and put on lipstick. Today I am wearing a warm black skirt, floral top, off white cardigan, black thermal leggings and warm slippers.

harrigran Sun 06-Dec-20 11:53:16

Track suit trousers and a T shirt, the same as every other day this year except for the day I went for my flu vaccination and I made an effort and put on a proper pair of trousers.
My feet are bare, well in Croc flip flops, I can not stand having them enclosed.

Kim19 Sun 06-Dec-20 12:04:18

Well, compared to me you all sound amazing, colourful, fun and interesting. I simply replace the bottom layer every day and put 'same old' on top. SO goes into the weekly wash and new selection will become SO after the first day. Such excitement selecting the weekly garb! I have to redeem myself by saying that I do 'tart up' if going out for coffee or lunch but not nearly as much of that about, sadly.

grannie7 Sun 06-Dec-20 12:11:47

Coolgran65
I have had a cpap machine for about three year + can’t quite remember,I was told to get one by my migraine consultant
as he said it would help.I still struggle with the mask puffing air out and waking me up I am sure it wakes my DH as well be he says he doesn’t notice it but I think he is just being kind.

I actually messaged you to say do you know of the charity called Hope to Sleep it very good for things that help with all things to make living with Cpap easier.
hope you get settled with it comfortably ?

grannie7 Sun 06-Dec-20 12:17:46

lot of you wear leggings are they comfortable.
I am a bit overweight wouldn’t they make me look fatter.

back to thread delighted to be watching football (not)
in a kaftan and big loose cardigan definitely not a going out look but as I haven’t been out since March I am finding I don’t really care ??

WendyBT Sun 06-Dec-20 12:24:17

I went to church this morning wearing a new winter coat
(from Debenhams sale) and my best boots. Walked out with quite a swagger as it happens!

grannie7 Sun 06-Dec-20 12:27:53

Jenneli23
Did you try different masks before taking it back.
If you got on the NHS they do have all different types
If not and you still have the problem you got it for.
It might be worth looking into the different masks
and the products Hope to Sleep sell, I have found the mask covers they sell have helped me with the air puffing out.

trouble is the masks fail after a few months and need replacing

Just for information I have no connection to the charity Hope to Sleep.I am just a satisfied customer.

GrannyMosh Sun 06-Dec-20 12:56:03

Kaftans! I have nearly 20 in various colours and designs, mostly from Singapore and Thailand. So comfortable, and they cover a multitude of sins wink

Thisismyname1953 Sun 06-Dec-20 13:00:59

Only 3 days home from hospital post covid. I’m exhausted so the most I am managing is morning shower followed by clean pyjamas. I won’t be going anywhere at all in the near future so pjs it is

grannysue05 Sun 06-Dec-20 13:22:50

I think GrannyMosh's kaftans sound amazing and so elegant. I wish ......
Me? Well currently wearing my oldest jeggings which have unfortunately shrunk so much after many washes.
The end result is that they gradually slide down dragging pants with them .
The finished look is somewhat bizarre and certainly not fashionable.......I am constantly hitching them up. Time for the bin I think.
Thisismyname you deserve a lovely rest...never mind the outfits. Wishing you well.

Alison333 Sun 06-Dec-20 13:28:33

Jenil23, as somebody else has already said, please do not give up on the Cpap machine. There are lots of different masks and even my rather intolerant DH found one that suited him after some unsuccessful ones. It really will help you get a good night's sleep and make you feel so much better the following day plus improve your health generally.

grandtanteJE65 Sun 06-Dec-20 13:34:08

Lon sleeved t-shirt and a skirt.

I put on leggings and jeans instead when I go out, as it is raw, damp weather here today.

Jaxie Sun 06-Dec-20 13:41:12

Striped long- sleeved T-shirt, no bra, Frumpy Damart micro fleece pull- on trousers, bed socks with holes, boiled wool slipper clogs with food stains. Unstyled hair, no make-up eeek.