Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's lovely warm and friendly kitchen

(1001 Posts)
kittylester Wed 09-Dec-20 21:01:46

I hope no-one else has done this or we will get confused- which we all know is very easily done.

Bubbly on the side just in case any one else turns up.

If not, see you tomorrow.

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 17:35:11

Away we all go...

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 17:34:54

key in lock...

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 17:34:39

Lights out...

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 17:34:08

Any last minute crumbs can be swept under the carpet.

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 17:33:31

all appears to be in order...

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 17:33:05

One final look around...

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 17:32:31

I have concocted a special cocktail in readiness for the opening. The punch bowl is mega heavy. I shall wheel it over to the new kitchen. Plenty of shiny cocktail glasses at the ready.

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 17:30:23

Did someone mention warm caramelised onion tart? We had all better get shifting into the new kitchen.

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 17:27:42

Susan We all have maudlin moments. It's what makes us ooman.And, as I've already said, our kitchen is for oomans. Not robots. wink

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 17:25:12

Grandmafrench Slainte! wine

Susan56 Sun 17-Jan-21 17:11:34

Thank you for your kind comments and advice re little H.I am not usually so maudlin but I think yesterday seeing him looking so well and enjoying our walk made me realise how much he is loving life in his little bubble.Life will be harder when he has to mix in the big, wide world but you are all right.We know what the problems are and yes he is safe and thriving.Time to listen to your advice and give myself a talking to.x

Grandmafrench Sun 17-Jan-21 17:05:04

Dear Susan. Try not to overthink it, if little H is toddling along, growing, laughing, eating, and is safe? Well, things may even change for the better and soon. He’s so young you just never know. Allergies may reduce, become less in number or less complicated - or, he could even grow out of it! ? Whatever. You’ll all cope brilliantly, cos that’s what you do... and he’ll manage it all like kids do. Main thing is you know now.It was horrendous but you’ve coped so well. Please try not to worry. ( I’ve already cornered that market!) It’s going to be o.k. x

GrandmaBatty sorry to miss you on the beach walk, but warm caramelised onion tart available in the new Kitchen shortly. Help yourselves, everyone. Glad you’re well, soop, in spite of your sessions of Extreme Gymnastics ! Knickers to BT and their advice and ‘engineers’. (??) They’d not spot such a rare creature if one sneaked up and bit them on their collective bums. Love to little Fern. Glasses at 9pm ?.

Jax that’s some fridge hoover you have there! Have a peaceful evening all!

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 15:01:51

Back again later to check on the kitchen status. smile

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 15:00:44

anno Your experience of a family split is so like my own. Both parties remain friends. Both have new partners. We remain on good terms with all concerned. Our grandson is a well balanced and happy young man.

Susan I understand your concern for your precious Henry. Jax has sound advice. Us lot are here whenever you feel the need to share. It's what we do. flowers

Jaxjacky Sun 17-Jan-21 14:21:25

Oh Soop wtf next, I feel infuriated for you and Mr S, it’s like some sortof perverted torture. Susan56 although I don’t know Henry’s details, I understand your worries a little, try not to worry too far ahead of time.
I have just disgusted my husband by eating cold tarka dhal out of the container, left over from Friday. It was taking up space in the fridge and well, I just can.

Susan56 Sun 17-Jan-21 13:39:14

Grandmabatty ?for you and soop ??and?for you and Mr soop.

Have been feeling a tad stressed re our precious Henry.He is thriving but the only places he goes are the farm,his own house and our house.We can keep him safe but it has occurred to us how are we going to keep him safe from his serious allergies when he is allowed in the big wide world.His reactions are still extreme.The allergy nurse phones but DD says there is no point as we know what he is allergic to, it’s just trying to keep him safe.He will be retested in the summer but at the moment it seems nothing has changed.

Sorry to vent and thank you for always being here for us.

TOYA

annodomini Sun 17-Jan-21 13:31:27

Grandmabatty, I feel for you. It happened in my family just a few years ago. Luckily for all concerned, it was an amicable split. My DiL is still my good friend. She is more ambitious and career-minded than DS1, though he is doing well on his chosen path. They live in fairly close proximity and my teenage GC can move between parents, as permitted under lockdown regulations. DiL and DS both have new partners and I do hope it stays that way. I've become very fond of DS's new partner but have only seen DiL's in passing. The GC get on with him so that's what matters
I hope things will work out for your family, as they have for mine, Grandmabatty. If you can maintain a relationship with both 'sides' without taking sides, it will be reassuring for both parties.

soop Sun 17-Jan-21 12:51:42

Greetings from a blustery Kintyre.

We did get a call back from the engineer. He advises getting back to the BT fault line. Mr Soop cannot face the prospect of yet another hour of hanging on until a living/breathing individual is available to listen to our sad and sorry saga for the umpteenth time. He plans to make the call tomorrow. I am contemplating practicing the art of levitation. Anything to curb my deep desire to demand that the men in white coats come to take me awayyyyyyyyyyyy. shock

Otherwise, I feel tickety boo. wink

I have the keys to our new kitchen ready and waiting. Have laundered the tartan rugs and plumped up the cushions. We have ne ones for our new Granspals together with an extra sofa.

Please get baking. The buffet will be a joy to behold.

Grandmabatty Sun 17-Jan-21 12:45:23

You are all very kind people! Thank you for your flowers and good wishes. There are many of you with much more to deal with so the big girl pants are well and truly hoiked up today. I've always been the fixer in the family and I have to reconcile with not being able to fix things at the moment. Blue skies here and I'm about to have lentil soup and a buttered roll. Have a good day all.

Charleygirl5 Sun 17-Jan-21 12:27:07

I am certain Fern knows which side of the bread is buttered. She knows whenever she returns she will receive as much food as she fancies or needs without her having to seek a hot meal herself. She has the best of both worlds.
TOYA

Yiayia4 Sun 17-Jan-21 11:57:51

Morning everyone.The sun is shinning at last.
After a couple of days of being lazy I need to get moving.
All that talk of pies and I’m yearning for a spanakopita and a bit of Greek sun.
For you Grandmabatty?
Soop Hope Fern visits today.

Lins1066 Sat 16-Jan-21 22:56:41

My best wishes to you Grandmabatty flowers. Your son in law sounds a keeper.

Hope you are alright Urm, it is good to talk things over, " a problem shared " and all that.
TOYA

Grandmafrench Sat 16-Jan-21 22:35:11

Hi, brook.

Sad for you GrandmaB - but if you can just try to step back a bit and let the dust settle, you will hopefully feel better about it and not so worried for them. The heartache of people you love is a hard thing to take, but, this development might just turn out to be better for all concerned and a lot smarter than staying together if it's really not working. Who knows? We'll all keep fingers crossed that whatever happens now will be positive for all parties. Take care and don't lose your smile. x

brook2704 Sat 16-Jan-21 21:54:30

Just popped in here to say hi to all the lovely people in the kitchen this evening and for grandmabatty some ? to ease your sadness

Charleygirl5 Sat 16-Jan-21 21:42:27

I think we will be on the move tomorrow or early Monday morning. I have only settled down here and we will be up and away again.

I am exhausted doing nothing so I am going to bed to read my book about Craig Revel Horwood which I am enjoying.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion