Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Tue 22-Dec-20 06:15:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, looks like its wet outside here in brackley .
Today , my surgery nurse should be calling me this morning, before I embark on my last trip to Bicester before xmas .
Yesterday , a local junior school had made up hampers , and my name was drawn out , but I plan to share it with my younger brother when he visits subject to tiers .
Take care,
Mick

farview Tue 22-Dec-20 18:30:54

Welcome Benjamina...another Boltonian here....

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 22-Dec-20 16:05:21

Feelingmyage55 Where in the north of Scotland are you? I used to live on the outskirts of Aberdeen. Have to admit the washing wasn't much drier, but it has been aired.

Glad you have you car back AshCombe it's been a long time

Gillyanne Tue 22-Dec-20 13:45:08

Good afternoon from a very grey overcast North Cambs, it's been a busy morning but I just popped into see how you all are and read your lovely posts.
I think your Christmas biscuits look lovely Marydoll and I hope your top lip is soon a little less swollen Pantglas2.
Take care all of you and keep safe.

Pantglas2 Tue 22-Dec-20 13:28:12

Thank you lovely ladies for all your kind wishes this morning (for what DH calls ‘self inflicted wounds, court martial offence’ ?)!

He has been kind in reality- frozen peas at the outset and lots of tea ever since....☕️

Those biscuits will taste lishus Marydoll and I prefer things homemade to look that way with their imperfections adding to the appeal ?

I’m glad you’ve got your car back Ashcombe, it’s been awhile!
Welcome Benjamina - you’re gonna lurve this thread!

? to all for putting under your stunning Xmas trees and best wishes to everyone having tough times at the moment xx

I’m trotting to Asda for 6am tomorrow for last minute bits - in case you think I’ve gone fall-about again!

Gingster Tue 22-Dec-20 12:30:34

Bluesaphire - I could have written your post re Dr Zhivago. We watched it and really enjoyed it (although rather long) . We saw it in the West End 50 years ago and also couldn’t remember any of it. I hadd Omar Shariffs pics on my bedroom wall. Very handsome! ?

Viridian Tue 22-Dec-20 12:24:25

Good afternoon, whoops, from a damp but very mild south Cornwall. Busy morning and even busier afternoon so this is a quick visit today. The best of days to you all!

CaroleAnne Tue 22-Dec-20 12:04:48

Dear PANTGLASS
This is just to offer you my commiserations. I too had a fall at the end of october. I had two sprained wrists and a dented dignity.
You can go down in a thrice.
I am thinking about you. Have a lovely christmas.winkwineflowers

Taichinan Tue 22-Dec-20 11:23:08

Good morning all. It's a glorious but very cold day on the Angus coast. I am running around in circles this morning - lots to do but achieving nothing. It's DS2's 52nd birthday today (good grief!!) and there's been a great toing and froing of WhatsApp messages, which of course I have to stop and read and join in with. So now I've got stuck into our GM thread and I really must stop.
No exciting news from here - just waiting to hear what jolly fun Little Miss Nic has in store for us later today. I have already instructed DS1 not to come over if it is in any way forbidden. It's lovely how all the family are so concerned about me being on my own, but really it's just another day, and it will pass just as well in cosy contentment as in hilarious family shenanigans.
Anyway, congratulations on your win, Mick - how lovely! I do hope you are able to share it with your brother.
So glad you have your car back after so long Ash. It must be like meeting up with a long lost friend!
Pantglas so sorry to hear about your fall and consequent rearrangement of your Beautiful facial features! My sister did the same many years ago. Realised she was falling, didn't want to break a wrist so decided to land on her face ! Honestly, I'm not making that up! So she fractured her jaw in two places instead. She then got in her car and drove home! So I can imagine your pout lips quite easily. I do hope all the swelling goes down quickly and you can enjoy your Christmas lunch.
And that's as far as I have got reading all the posts. Have a good day everyone and stay safe and cosy
???

LauraNorder Tue 22-Dec-20 11:17:52

Lovely floral displays Ginny, very artistic.
Lucky you Dwmxwg getting the vaccine, can’t wait for my turn.
Hope the docs appointment went well Urms and your problem can be easily sorted out.
Has the nurse phoned yet Mick?
Have to agree with Farviews new thread, what would we do without Gransnet, especially during this crazy year.
Take care

Feelingmyage55 Tue 22-Dec-20 11:14:03

gwenisgreat. My washing would freeze before I got it onto the line.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 22-Dec-20 11:13:02

Good morning from a frosty north of Scotland. Due to snow later. I have salted and sanded the paths for deliveries. Putting on a brave face today. No point in anything else. Tonight I will watch a festive film with the whole family, each in our own homes but start simultaneously and have what’s app open to chat to one another. It can be quite amusing if they forget the line is open!. I now have too much fresh food because of the travel ban but will freeze it for an Easter Christmas. I think lots of us will be doing the same.
Love marydoll’s biscuits. They are definitely homemade and I’m sure they pass the taste test - most important.
Wishing all with health issues some respite and hope some part of the the at the very least is good. “gillybob”. I’m sure Evie-buttons is getting excited.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 22-Dec-20 11:09:41

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate (got a wash on which I hope to hang out)
Ooh, pantglas that's my trick, I seemed to have a habit of kissing the pavement!! Thankfully not since I changed my foot wear, though! I used to wear Skechers Shapers, they were a b****r for tripping me up!!
A Dilemma just now, DH wants to go for a run in the car, I would love to go but I want to get the washing hung out, and wait for DD1 to bring some shopping. Today I want to make a Yule log which didn't get done yesterday
Oh well, that's life!!

Lucky you, Mick hope there are lost of tasty goodies in your hamper!!

Hope all keep their feet on the ground!! and stay well and safe!

EllanVannin Tue 22-Dec-20 10:58:50

Good Morning All x.
A lovely morning so far and under normal conditions I'd have been up and at 'em shopping to my hearts content. I'm not liking this way of life at all, it's getting me down as it leaves me frustrated----I can feel it building up.

Must have a splurge at some point just to feel in the spirit of things. Then again, I have to stay put because of 8 delayed deliveries which might arrive, 8 ! From 2 weeks ago when orders went in.
I also need to go to the bank, money in and money out grin so will have to jump on a bus whether I like it or not. In a way it's just as well it isn't " normal " times or I'd be well behind.

Ah well, worse things happen at sea so it is said. Being as the weather is pleasant and the cats are playing out I'll run the hoover over the place as the sparkly that's been shredding off the jumper has built up in places.

I had a good laugh at Marydoll's" drunken" gingerbread men. I bet they're delicious though, bless you girl.
The flower arrangements are beautiful, so Christmassy you wouldn't need anything else.

Oh dear, Pantglas I bet you were " all shook up " as it does shake you after you've had a fall. To be hope the bruising isn't so bad. It has to be face first doesn't it ?

I have a large pine tree outside the patio and I can smell it with the door open, it's lovely and reminds me of Urmston's early mornings in Malaga with that scent greeting her. If I shut my eyes I can pretend grin

No deliveries up to now, what a nuisance when you're on pins. I must get cracking though or nothing will get done.

I hope everyone's day goes well with shopping/ appointments or whatever. Stay safe and take care. Hope our Gilly's okay xx

Nortsat Tue 22-Dec-20 10:49:58

Good morning Mick and the GM team from east London, where it is grey but relatively mild.
Lovely to hear you’ve won a a hamper Mick.
Oh Pantglas, hope you’re a bit more comfortable today.
Dwmxwg congratulations on receiving your vaccine. How marvellous. Are you the first GN to receive it?
All I have had is a fifth email from Hancock telling me to shield and not go shopping. Mat ... I haven’t been shopping since February...

Finalising the Christmas on line order today for delivery tomorrow. I hope all goes well with that.

Maryd I think your Christmas biscuits are artistic, unusual and somewhat Picasso-esque (I have got my glasses on...).

I zoomed with a friend yesterday in lieu of her birthday party. I had my sequinned wrap on and she wore her Christmas jumper with reindeers on it. We both admitted we were wearing perfume ... which I guess it was for our own benefit, as there was no one else to smell it.

Thinking of those who are struggling or feeling low. Good morning gilly, if you’re reading.
Have a pleasant day all. ?

Grandmadougal Tue 22-Dec-20 10:31:21

Good morning from a sunny Norfolk.

Shopping to collect today, then deliver half of it to DIL as she couldn’t get a slot. Bless she’s never done a Christmas dinner before but she’s making a good effort even if it’s only for the 3 of them.

A quick walk after lunch then trying to finish knitting a lap blanket for MIL.

Stay safe everyone .

hollysteers Tue 22-Dec-20 10:18:15

Good morning Mick and everyone from Sunnyside on the West Coast of Lancashire, lovely blue skies. Tier 2 so looking forward to lunch with friend following rules, even washed my hair and painted my nails!
How nice to receive a hamper Mick and hope toothache subsides Grammaretto, horrid to have.
Woken early by daughter on FaceTime as she shopped in supermarket in the South. FaceTime is such a great thing but I was emerging out of sleep like a zombie ?
Queues and mayhem at Aldi yesterday morning, one would think a siege was approaching. I keep away from large supermarkets and Aldi is my usual ‘big’ shop every few weeks but that was no pleasure, particularly the couples who angle their full trolley across the aisle and discuss this and that. KEEP MOVING!?
Thoughts to anyone with worries, hope you all have a good day.

Dwmxwg Tue 22-Dec-20 10:17:20

Good morning from a dry north Surrey.
Received an email from work yesterday evening offering vaccinations today. Miles away but I jumped at the opportunity, thankfully DH did the driving and we were there before 8 this morning, straight in and done, next one due on 12th January. Can’t begin to say how elated I feel, an early Christmas present like no other and I feel very lucky to have been given this opportunity.
Mick congratulations on your raffle win, and how kind to share with your brother.
Pantglas good to see you back on this thread and hope you heal quickly.
Sar53 we do indeed worry about our AC, hope your DD is home soon and the procedure went well.
Aschcombe good news that you have your car back.
Marydoll your DH icing skills compare to mine, I shall be icing my cake today and will not be sharing a photo ?
Wishing a good day to all, stay safe

GrannyOwl5 Tue 22-Dec-20 09:48:26

Forgot to give a ? to Sar53 across the estuary in Essex. Hope DD2’s procedure goes ok

Mapleleaf Tue 22-Dec-20 09:48:13

Good morning

It’s a lovely bright morning, such a huge improvement on yesterday which was utterly depressing. I think the gloom of the weather matched the gloom of the news and I was glad to see the back of it.

Congratulations on winning a hamper, mick. What a lovely surprise. Hope the nurse has some answers for you this morning.

Hope you are feeling a bit easier today, Pantglas.

I’ve got a bit of baking to do today, after I’ve posted my friends birthday card, so I’d better get a wiggle on, as they say ?.

Take care, everyone.

Blossoming Tue 22-Dec-20 09:43:29

Good morning all. It’s going to be a busy day so I’d best finish my tea and crack on. The robot is vacuuming downstairs, I can hear it trundling around, so that’s one job I won’t need to do.

GrannyOwl5 Tue 22-Dec-20 09:40:40

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is grey and damp.

An exciting event happening here later; our first click n collect from Sainsburys! Usually have online deliveries from Asda who have looked after us very well since March, but their recurring slots have been suspended until January so have taken the opportunity to try pastures new. Will have to get the car out and everything! Hopefully will remember how to drive as it’s quite a while since I last ventured on the road in a car. Think I shall have to lie in a dark room with a damp flannel on my head to recover.

Glad no major damage Pantglass . Funny how DDs always have to check for themselves in these matters.

Welcome Benjamina ; this thread is a good start to the day to catch up on everyone’s news and activities and share worries and concerns.

Hope the various medical and dental appointments go well and that everyone has a good day. Stay safe

annsixty Tue 22-Dec-20 09:36:26

Good morning all
Another one who thought Marydoll was planning a giant bbq for Christmas Day so it could be held socially distanced in the garden.
Waiting for my GD’s test results but she is worse today with what I suspect is a throat infection, she is very prone to them.
I expect to be discharged from physio this morning after my hip replacement from which I have made a good recovery.

I have photos somewhere of my face when I tripped and went flat on it so I can fully sympathise with Pantglas my bottom teeth actually went through my lip but it didn’t scar, I have a largish nose anyway, not improved by being bashed.

Have the best day you can everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 22-Dec-20 09:31:08

Good morning Mick and all

Well done on winning the hamper Mick

Hope your DD is ok Sar53, good luck at the Drs Urmstongran and Oh dear Pantglas I do hope you are feeling better.

I am off to play ker-plunk last day of Granny duties until 2021

Keep safe and well folks ??

Parsley3 Tue 22-Dec-20 09:28:39

Good morning everyone from a cold and frosty Forth Valley.

Auntieflo Tue 22-Dec-20 09:27:00

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.

We have just had a new mattress delivered. The delivery man, on his own, said "it is very heavy", and it is.
I will have to round up a couple of young, strong neighbours, to get it upstairs ?, or we will be sleeping downstairs.

Now to get the old one off the bed, and store it somewhere, until we can re-home it, or dispose of it.
Getting one downstairs will be easier. Just slide it down ?
Back later.
Have a good day one and all.