Gransnet forums

Chat

Has anything positive happened to you today? Would you like to share?

(233 Posts)
Alexa Tue 22-Dec-20 11:46:01

How nice, Marydoll. Thanks.

My dog started long bouts of retching and coughing yesterday evening. I was worried all night although she did sleep well, and is out barking squirrels this morning in the garden. She is not suffering from shock but can only eat a little cream of chicken soup , can hardly manage her dental chew which she loves.

Not so bad coughing this AM.Shorter bouts and less severe.

I rang the vet nurse for advice and she said to bring the dog tomorrow if not any better but will, prob be OK, Very satisfactory call with efficient vet nurse.

Sallywally1 Tue 22-Dec-20 11:45:50

I’ve recently bought a new car, a Toyota, last week and have been petrified of driving it. However this morning I felt much more confident in it on my drive to Sainsbury, so feel pleased with myself. I don’t understand all the symbols and dashboard stuff yet. I drove it to work yesterday in the dark and rain.

My old car was just a nice familiar metal box on wheels. It didn’t even have air con.

25Avalon Tue 22-Dec-20 11:42:28

Dd and sil have just been round with the gc. Gs is only 14 months but was running around the garden having a lovely explore, seeing a digger, trains, and water in the ditch. Big sis had a run up and down too. Although I stayed indoors it was really lovely to see them and have lots of waves. It has made my day.

EllanVannin Tue 22-Dec-20 11:39:15

Mary, you never fail to make me laugh. You're a breath of fresh air and it sets me up for the day. My vivid imagination runs amok too.
Should anything positive occur here during the course of the day I'll give my usual running commentary on it.

Well done for obtaining great satisfaction and customer service, it made a pleasant change to hear about it.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 22-Dec-20 11:36:34

Managed to get 11 month old GC to sleep on my lap despite the 5 yr old playing on my old iPad and watching a Muppet Film at high volume.

That’s definitely a positive tchsmile

Marydoll Tue 22-Dec-20 11:33:40

That's a positive then, Chewy! grin

Chewbacca Tue 22-Dec-20 11:32:05

Ah, that's a nice start to the day Marydoll. Apart from seeing my neighbour over the garden fence and having a quick natter, I've not spoken to anyone else today but.... I changed the bed linen this morning and found that pair of angora socks that have been missing for a week, tucked up inside the duvet cover! grin

Marydoll Tue 22-Dec-20 11:27:16

Reading throught the threads this morning made me wonder if I should start a chatty thread, one that hopefully everyone could join in if they wished to do so.

As the Good Morningers know, after a lot of hassle with a blocked credit card, ( not me fault!), I bought a Santa lantern from Dobbies in their sale to replace one that I had, which had died.
When Santa arrived, he was leaning drunkenly against the glass, having had too much sherry on his rounds. There was no way I could fix it, as the unit was sealed.
I phoned Dobbies' customer service and got a very helpful young man, who mistakenly thought my name was Lady Marydoll I could visualise him bowing! I was going to wait to tell you all later that I have been given a seat in the House of Lords in the New Year's Honours list tchwink

We had a good laugh, when I tried to spell my email address using the phonetic alphabet, because I was hoarse and he was having difficulty with my Glasgow accent.

Anyway, I got a full refund without any hassle and the added bonus, I get to keep Santa!! tchgrin

That simple exchange has really cheered me up. It may have started out with a simple request for a refund I didn't need to even ask in the end, but it became a social interaction with someone other than my DH.
I love him dearly, but oh I do need some other company! I'm now waiting to waylay the postman for a chat!