Gransnet forums

Chat

Is it me, or does anyone else 'lose' their posts on GN?

(10 Posts)
GillT57 Wed 23-Dec-20 11:09:49

Over the past week or so, I have posted on threads and then when I come back to GN later on, my contribution isn't there. The first time it happened, I thought perhaps I had been interrupted and had left the laptop before pressing the 'post' button, but it has now happened several times. Anyone else? Or just me?

kircubbin2000 Wed 23-Dec-20 11:33:59

I dont think its a great website.A lot could be improved but I've just accepted I will never be able to find the thread I want as I don't know what it was called or where it went.

Toadinthehole Wed 23-Dec-20 11:36:19

Sometimes the post doesn’t seem to go straight away. It goes that lighter colour, and then gets ‘stuck’. However, when I’ve come back to it , it’s there. Could it be your internet connection ebbing in and out?

GillT57 Wed 23-Dec-20 12:44:06

Maybe, toadinthehole, we do have occasional broadband connection issues, but a few times I have composed an erudite reply grin to a running thread and then it just does not appear. I shall take more notice of what and when I post and make a note

Squiffy Wed 23-Dec-20 13:20:22

You haven’t done what I sometimes (frequently!) do, have you? I press Preview, check the post is OK and then forget to press Post Message! tchblush

sodapop Wed 23-Dec-20 13:29:03

Bet if you posted something rude which you wish you hadn't that would go on straight away GillT tchgrin A bit like the stinging riposte you always think of when the person has walked away.

Rufus2 Wed 23-Dec-20 13:31:59

Simple! Compose message in MS Word or similar, copy/paste to GN message box.
If it disappears, you still have the original to try again; avoids having to start from scratch! tchhmm

Fennel Wed 23-Dec-20 16:31:58

Squiffy - i've done that many times.

Marydoll Wed 23-Dec-20 16:39:22

I just need to knock my tablet and it disappears. Every so often, I do select all and copy to the clipboard, that way I just paste it back in.

If I'm on my PC, like Rufus, I type it on Word first.

GillT57 Wed 23-Dec-20 18:33:14

Sodapop wink