Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday (Christmas Eve)

(112 Posts)
12Michael Thu 24-Dec-20 06:15:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but and looking a cold day out there this morning , here in Brackley .
With restrictions facing me in the last week of 2020 , it will be an interesting ending to as well.
Anyway , as to the good morning , I have changed it slightly over next few days , by putting the actually day of the week first ,and then in brackets the respective day as you see.
I will have quiet day today ,and maybe get a Chinese takeaway curry later .
Take Care ,
Mick

NanKate Thu 24-Dec-20 21:00:32

It’s lovely to see you on here Sparklefizz. They are a great lot on Mick’s thread. ?

fatgran57 Thu 24-Dec-20 20:29:26

Happy Christmas everyone.

Hymnbook Thu 24-Dec-20 16:48:36

Good afternoon everyone. I hope your day has been good. Met my sister for a coffee and sausage roll sat on a bench watching drivers trying to park! I think some of them need to take their test again. It was biting cold in Sherwood so we didn't stay out long.

MaryFinn Thu 24-Dec-20 14:47:38

Pnawn da o'r Ynys Mon. Good afternoon from Anglesey. Hope you all can be healthy, merry and wise!xxx

CherryCezzy Thu 24-Dec-20 14:13:10

Glad you are feeling much better Urmstongran ?.
Yippee indeed Grandmafrench, your joy is palpable, so pleased for you ?

A gentle hug for you Annsixty and Megs ?

Stilllearning , gentle hugs and ? for you.

? for all of you who have lost nearest and dearest this year and are experiencing different and difficult Christmases, including Grammaretto.

Grandmabatty Thu 24-Dec-20 14:03:25

grandmafrench that's wonderful news! Have a lovely Christmas xx

Suederlou Thu 24-Dec-20 13:41:47

Not a regular poster but couldn’t miss an opportunity to thank you all for this lovely thread full of warmth, love ,laughter and support. Happy Christmas

Daddima Thu 24-Dec-20 13:40:15

Lovely news Grandmafrench, a perfect Christmas gift!
Thanks to Marydoll for that lovely song. I’d just dried the tears when these arrived!

NannyJan53 Thu 24-Dec-20 13:26:28

Stilllearning flowers

Grandmafrench so pleased for you

Grammaretto Thu 24-Dec-20 13:24:10

stillearning tchsad
That song made me cry too Marydoll
Oh it's going to be a very different end of year for sure.
Lovely that you had your walk Cherry and your meetup on zoom Dragonfly
smile

EllanVannin Thu 24-Dec-20 13:08:38

Happy Christmas Sydney, Oz x

Jan16 Thu 24-Dec-20 12:40:00

Happy Christmas to you all and here’s to a much healthier and happy 2021. Stay safe everyone and enjoy your Christmas as much as possible. ????

TopsyIrene06 Thu 24-Dec-20 12:08:25

I am so sorry Stillearning.

I can't imagine your sorrow. Thoughts.

EllanVannin Thu 24-Dec-20 11:57:03

May I add by saying how thrilled I am for Grandmafrench's news. If anyone deserved it, it's she. So glad for you x

I bet you look a bobby-dazzler in your sparkly jumper, Dragonfly. It's lovely to get into the spirit of things, such as they are this year. It helps perk you up.

Moggycuddler Thu 24-Dec-20 11:41:13

Here I am in the North West on the first bright, dry day for seemingly weeks. Wishing you and everyone a lovely, safe, and peaceful Christmas!

Grandmadougal Thu 24-Dec-20 11:39:30

Good morning from a changeable Norfolk. Just been for a quick drive along the seafront and can see the rain teeming down further down the coast, looks like our turn next.

Getting ready for hibernation after tomorrow, seeing DS, DIL and DGS first thing tomorrow in garden for present swapping then day on our own. Will be very strange for everyone so chin up and carry on.

A window visit to MIL at the home also planned but waiting confirmation we can actually go, the rules keep changing.

Already started the Christmas chocolates so going to hide them so I can’t find them tchsmile

Have a good day everyone, thinking of all those who are sad or poorly.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 24-Dec-20 11:13:05

grandtanteJE65 our eldest GC is living and going to college just outside Copenhagen with her Danish family (our DDiL’s family)

Blossoming Thu 24-Dec-20 11:11:32

Good morning all. Very cold and bright here after yesterday’s awful storm. Stay safe and well.

dragonfly46 Thu 24-Dec-20 11:08:54

What lovely posts this morning.

I cannot possible mention you all so just want to thank you for the beautiful pictures, songs, poems and just delightful uplifting posts.

I too have my sparkly jumper on. I have to keep up with DD who has a different sparkly dress every evening on Zoom!!

EllanVannin Thu 24-Dec-20 11:06:26

Good Morning All x.
A beautiful and bright sunny day, but rather cool compared to what it has been of late. The rain and wind yesterday was atrocious on the sea-front especially.

Morrison's wasn't too crowded late yesterday afternoon but it looked as though a shower of locusts had beaten us to it as regards missing stock. No fresh sprouts !!

What I did get was a fresh turkey, just a nice size. Though I have a large chicken in the freezer, somehow the smell of a turkey roasting makes Christmas---for me anyway ( something radically wrong with me because I'll be on my own grin ) However, most will freeze to keep me going over the next few days. It'll be going in the oven anytime now, stuffed with parsley and thyme stuffing and sausagemeat.

Considering I was only going for " a few bits ", it was quite a large bill at the end of it but there's more than enough to tide me over for a few -- months-- weeks. Salad cream to make and potato salad too so that'll be my day with some last minute wrapping.

Ruby-Lou will be on her way from Durham to join the family today and I can only imagine how excited she'll be. Only problem is that she kicks off and is difficult on her return but nobody seems to grasp that this is a normal reaction when parted from the family and it's being taken as " part of her problem " when it isn't ! It makes me furious. What's the matter with people ? shock---she's coming from a tier 3 to a tier 2 ! Oooops.

Only a couple of hours and it'll be Christmas Day for D in Oz. She'll be phoning me in the morning, at the end of their day there. Looking forward to that.

So glad that Urmston feels brighter, it will make a difference over the Christmas period.
Annsixty flowers and anyone else who isn't feeling themselves flowers speaking of which, more lovely pics here to help give us a lift.

A warm welcome to our " newbies ", it's always nice to see new faces.

Take care everyone on this weirdest Christmas Eve ever and above all, stay safe. Special thoughts to Gilly and family.xx

mrswoo Thu 24-Dec-20 11:03:50

Good Christmas Eve morning from Newcastle where we have had some snow although it didn't settle.
It's just the two of us this year so it will be a bit different but it will be ok. We decided to throw out the rule book and have a totally different Christmas lunch. We are going retro with ..prawn cocktail, steak and chips and black forest gateau to finish. It should all be stress free (I hope!)
I wish Mick and everyone on this lovely thread a very happy Christmas and thankyou all for the comfort and joy you have brought to this lurker and occasional poster in this strange year.

hollysteers Thu 24-Dec-20 11:00:28

Good morning Mick and a bright sun. Nice meal with friend last night and glad we are still in tier 2. Then as often happens after a glass of wine, terrible cramp through the night. Annoying as I’m more like a man, having a rush around on Xmas Eve. The turkey is thawing and I’m off to deliver a couple of last minute gifts and cards.
Hope you all have a good day and to the sick and worried, kind thoughts,
My latest sketch.

Megs36 Thu 24-Dec-20 10:53:12

Morning all, anne sixty your post rang a bell with me too, no preparations or rushing round?, like you I’ve scarcely seen family for a year, we were lucky enough to have a couple of hours meet up squeezed in for our Diamond wedding in the summer and son pops in to the porch now and then, as for shopping my other half has been shielded most of the time and we are reluctant to leave the house, hooray for deliveries!
I think you and I are a similar age and this time of the year always brings memories and this strange time even more, Let’s hope 2021 is going to be better, Like many others this is our first Christmas completely by ourselves but we are still very lucky to have each other. Take care Stay indoors and best wishes to everyone.

LauraNorder Thu 24-Dec-20 10:51:51

Lovely floral display Cherry.
Happy Danish Christmas Grandetante, have a lovely evening.

LauraNorder Thu 24-Dec-20 10:48:28

Well Grandmafrench, you have good reason to be quite emotional. We can feel your heart bursting with joy. Have fun.
Nice to see you here *EvieJ, and you’re right, this will pass and all will be right with the world.
I love the graph Lewie, the most accurate one so far.
As GrannyGravy has said be well and be safe everyone tchwink