Gransnet forums

Chat

Check this out if you would like to find a way of helping lorry drivers stuck in Kent

(32 Posts)
Artaylar Thu 24-Dec-20 14:40:49

Hi

The South East Division of the Salvation Army are working hard to help the lorry drivers who are stuck in Kent. You can read about what they are doing and how you can help in the link below.
www.salvationarmy.org.uk/news/volunteers-rally-feed-lorry-drivers-stranded-kent

Happy Christmas everyone xx

Maggiemaybe Sat 26-Dec-20 09:21:01

Southeastern and Network Rail workers also worked over the last few days collecting donated food from London station outlets and getting it to where it was needed. Seven trains containing supplies were despatched from London over 48 hours.

Maggiemaybe Sat 26-Dec-20 09:30:03

There’s also a Muslim group who’ve provided over 1000 hot meals and the Dover Coastguard has supplied over 3000. Let’s hope these drivers manage to get home to their families soon.

janeainsworth Sat 26-Dec-20 10:08:33

Thanks for your OP artaylar.
I’ve contributed to the Salvation Army for a long time & am glad to know they are doing so much to relieve the plight of the lorry drivers who have suffered for absolutely no fault of their own sad

Alishka Sat 26-Dec-20 13:35:57

I donate whenever I can to the Sally Ann. Their work in tracing people is superb. They find them, message them that their family would like to hear from them, pass on the contact details, and then it's up to them what they do with the info.No judgement, no pressure.
Happened to a family member.

Auntieflo Sat 26-Dec-20 14:02:48

Thank you Artaylar, for this. I have just donated.

jacksmum Sat 26-Dec-20 15:49:40

Hope that the troops that have been sent there are also getting fed ok ,they have all had to cancel christmas with their families to go to Dover,