Gransnet forums

Chat

A nice romantic thread

(90 Posts)
LauraNorder Wed 30-Dec-20 16:45:58

What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done.
I used to put little love notes between the sandwiches in Orlin’s packed lunch.

Rufus2 Sat 02-Jan-21 02:36:17

we all thought we were original putting notes in between the sandwiches
Laura That's not being romantic, that's practical.!
How's he going to tell which are the peanut butter sandwiches from the fish-paste sandwiches? tchgrin
Happy New Year
OoRoo

Readerjb Sat 02-Jan-21 05:59:42

I must say he tried - after 17 years of marriage, my husband gave me a gold charm bracelet, promising to add a charm each year. I spent the whole day unsure whether to say anything. I NEVER wear gold, and he must have forgotten the fight he had with his family when he gave me the platinum wedding ring I wanted

Pyewacket Sat 02-Jan-21 06:56:31

Lisagran I'd been married before and he hadn't so I let him choose what he wanted. We've been together sixteen years and it'll be our tenth wedding anniversary this year.

He loves organising things like that LauraNorder and has fantastic taste. I never used to go on holiday and often just worked through them so he changed all of that which has been brilliant.

Lemongrove entirely serious. He's better at that side of things than I am and loves doing it so why not?

He doesn't make all of the decisions MawBe and he definitely doesn't tell me what to do (or when to do it). If there's a place I want to go I'm free to book it or, even better, tell him and I know he'll do a better job of sorting it out than I would.

Beyond that, everything is a partnership and we work together and complement each other really well. We met in our mid thirties so were both quite self sufficient, with our own homes and careers.

I run my own business and I'm grateful he takes away the stress of planning holidays as it's something I genuinely don't enjoy.

Lisagran Sat 02-Jan-21 10:19:17

That’s reassuring, Pyewacket. You had us worried for a while there grin. Happy New Year!

LauraNorder Sat 02-Jan-21 10:22:48

Pyewacket sounds much more romantic in context.
Rufus, how did you know it was fish paste?

timetogo2016 Sat 02-Jan-21 10:37:24

The most romantic thing me and my dh did was to book our wedding to be held on valentines day 2015 it was a civil ceremony.
And my dress was a long lovely red one which was a coincidence as we were supposed to have had a christmas wedding but had family health problems so not a time for celebrations.
We had a wonderfull day with over 100 guests,it was very formal,no speeches etc.
But overall he is the most romantic.

Rufus2 Sat 02-Jan-21 10:50:20

how did you know it was fish paste?
Laura Dunno! I must have a natural nose for it! tchhmm
I was going to be more specific and say "red salmon", but not sure if OAPs can afford that these days.
We could only afford pink salmon sandwiches.! tchenvy
Good Health

Rufus2 Sun 03-Jan-21 11:33:57

gave his wife flowers every week he said ‘there must be a lot of cemeteries around his way
Laura Very funny! tchgrin
What's weird about that?
Can't you persuade Orlin to join Gransnet? We could do with talent like that, or would he be afraid of being deleted? tchhmm
OoRoo

LauraNorder Sun 03-Jan-21 16:49:01

I would suggest it Rufus but I don’t want to distract him from running my bath, massaging my feet, peeling my grapes. He’s such a busy man.

kittylester Sun 03-Jan-21 20:35:20

Well dh has just been very romantic. He made me what I now know is Gypsy bread and poured me a lovely chilled white wine.

Rufus2 Mon 04-Jan-21 10:42:38

He’s such a busy man
Laura N And hyperactive too! tchhmm if he has to do that every Sunday or is it only on the 1st Sunday of the month?
And who peels grapes these days? (rhetorical)
Carry on soaking! tchgrin
OoRoo

Peasblossom Mon 04-Jan-21 11:19:06

We met a few years ago on a Wildlife holiday.

Back home he arranged to meet me at Whipsnade. I went even though I hate zoos.

I took a picnic. He sat on the grass and ate it, even though he hates eating outdoors and doesn’t eat bread, pickle or ham,

We know each other a bit better now?

Nicegranny Wed 06-Jan-21 07:36:05

MissAdventure

Nicegranny
You would be well matched with one of my exes.
9 years together, and he proudly presented me with a flimsy card from a packet of 100.

Inside, it said "Best wishes, Kevin".

MissAdventure ???

that made me laugh so much.

Why did you put up with him for 9 years if you are romantic?

MissAdventure Wed 06-Jan-21 16:49:56

Oh, he's a lovely man.
Placid, gentle, funny; just not romantic at all.

The next one was the romancer, but he was a pain in the neck!