Gransnet forums

Chat

A nice romantic thread

(89 Posts)
LauraNorder Wed 30-Dec-20 18:31:32

Wow Spangler, we’ve been married for 50 years and I could count on one hand the bouquets received from Orlin. He did carve our initials in a tree many years ago which we still see when we go walking.
I’m the more romantic one but I can’t complain, he makes me feel loved and safe in many other ways.

Daddima Wed 30-Dec-20 18:31:25

Pantglas2

I made heart shaped scones once and put them in DH’s lunch box - he opened it at a site meeting surrounded by hairy-assed builders and was not impressed.....?

I’m reminded of my father coming home highly amused at the ribbing they had dealt out to a young colleague who was having his first packed lunch ( or ‘piece’ as it was known in the West of Scotland) prepared by his new wife. The fact that his lunch was wrapped in a napkin and accompanied by chocolate biscuits and fruit was a cause for much mirth. So next day my mother prepared dad’s ‘piece’, wrapped it in a napkin and tied it with a ribbon. A Kit Kat and some sweets completed the meal!
When the Bodach used to stay away overnight, I always sneaked a wee note into his bag. I was so touched after he died to find he had kept them all.

Spangler Wed 30-Dec-20 18:26:05

Romance is not cheesy, it's an outward declaration of love. What could be better?

In all the fifty-two and a half years that we have been married, only once has my beloved ever not had a bouquet of flowers, with an I love you message, every single week and that was when I was hospitalised after having a hip replacement.

tanith Wed 30-Dec-20 18:12:09

I did used to put notes in DHs lunch box and I also have a heart shaped stone DH found on a beach walk on our last holiday together. It sits next to his picture on the window sill.

Pantglas2 Wed 30-Dec-20 17:48:59

I made heart shaped scones once and put them in DH’s lunch box - he opened it at a site meeting surrounded by hairy-assed builders and was not impressed.....?

LauraNorder Wed 30-Dec-20 17:47:05

Can I just say my cheesiness wore off many years ago.

LauraNorder Wed 30-Dec-20 17:46:23

AGA that’s lovely. What did he paint?

LauraNorder Wed 30-Dec-20 17:44:37

I once cut out giant letters in the grass and mowed the rest. Orlin had been away for a month and when he looked down from the upper windows it said ‘I love you’ on the lawn.

SuzannahM Wed 30-Dec-20 17:29:57

Sadly I can't think of a single romantic thing I have ever done sad.

Ellianne Wed 30-Dec-20 17:21:23

blush

Ellianne Wed 30-Dec-20 17:20:16

I left romantic little notes under the duvet!!!

Pam2208 Wed 30-Dec-20 17:18:21

If I am tier 4 and my grandchildren who I look after are in tier 3. So does this mean I can no longer be their childcare bubble. I can't find any information.

AGAA4 Wed 30-Dec-20 17:11:55

I don't remember anything I did but my husband found a heart shaped stone on the beach and painted it for me. I still have it.
Nice thread Laura.

LauraNorder Wed 30-Dec-20 16:45:58

What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done.
I used to put little love notes between the sandwiches in Orlin’s packed lunch.