Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Sun 03-Jan-21 06:13:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet start here in Brackley this morning , another quiet day , but may do a small hop this morning .
Will try and sort some of my filing out as to last years paperwork ,and fresh file for this years documents of importance received in the post .
Take Care,
Mick

Marydoll Sun 03-Jan-21 18:34:05

No- one needs to apologise! I wasn't in the least bit offended.

Urmstongran Sun 03-Jan-21 17:42:29

Apologies Marydoll - actually grandMattie thank you. You know the workings of my mind better than I can articulate them myself!

Marydoll yes, I did mean sell your car but I ought to have also said ‘for another model’. It was your sentence thus probably needed a new battery, but mine is an unsual model, difficult to source. Sad. that prompted me to ask. Not just because you had a flat battery, which seems a common occurrence these days for many, but the getting hold of a new one.

I didn’t express myself very well.
?

Ashcombe Sun 03-Jan-21 17:33:03

Marydoll: your adventure would make a brilliant script! You've amused many of us with your account even though it wasn't at all funny for you at the time. Thank you!

Marydoll Sun 03-Jan-21 16:16:40

No offence taken. I just wanted to make it clear, it is my own fault! grin

grandMattie Sun 03-Jan-21 16:11:14

I doubt whether offence was meant, certainly not from me. Yes, lack of use. We have filled up the car twice since March... normally, it’s about once a month!

Marydoll Sun 03-Jan-21 16:07:51

Why? It's a newish car and I love it. It's because it's not getting used, which is my own fault. I have just been too unwell to go out recently. Nothing at all wrong with it. The AA patrolman says it's been a really common problem recently with car owners,due to lockdown.

grandMattie Sun 03-Jan-21 14:41:33

moe = more!!!

grandMattie Sun 03-Jan-21 14:41:23

Marydoll , I think the suggestion was moe change your car bny selling it and getting a different one, that selling outright and not replacing it! but I can understand your dilemma.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 03-Jan-21 13:56:58

Another one here who is bird phobic!!!

In my twenties a dove landed on my head, it got is feet entangled in my very long hair I was hysterical, bird panicked and flapped for what seemed like ages, my parents and DH were hysterical with laughter. Still haven’t forgotten or forgiven them ??

Have had our chimney bird proofed since we came in to find a pigeon in the sitting room!!!

Sparklefizz Sun 03-Jan-21 13:23:26

Marydoll If a bird flew into my face, there would be "person-poo" as well as bird poo everywhere grin

Marydoll Sun 03-Jan-21 13:01:40

If I sell my car, I've lost my independence. Living in hope of getting out again, is what stops me giving up. I wouldn't sell it, if I have to, I will give it to my daughter.

Marydoll Sun 03-Jan-21 12:58:52

It would be less stressful,being part of a sitcom!
I have been driving my car round and round in circles, as living on the border of three counties, my own county being quite small, there is little choice of where to go.
There are police cars everywhere, I was sure I would be in trouble for crossing county lines! grin.

At least the AA patrolmanwent away happy with tablet and macaroon!.

GrandmasueUK Sun 03-Jan-21 12:47:36

Marydoll are you sure you are a real person and not someone in a sitcom? grin Happy New Year to you!

Urmstongran Sun 03-Jan-21 12:42:17

Your household antics have me in stitches Marydoll! It’s never boring behind your front door that’s for sure.
?

Aren’t you tempted to sell your car? I would be.

LauraNorder Sun 03-Jan-21 12:40:27

Oh dear Marydoll DHs can be infuriating.

Marydoll Sun 03-Jan-21 12:35:03

Stillearning, you would have been very welcome to come. There were quite a few first timers. Hopefully, I will be able to organise one in the summer, health and Covid permitting.

What a stressfull few hours I've had.
I decided to phone the AA about my flat battery. Before I could access help, I had to update their new app. It took ages and I had to verify my email address eventually to confirm everything. The verification link didn't work. Tried again, got as far as putting in my car reg, to be told that my car was actually a silver cabriolet, which had actually been my car twenty years ago. It wouldn't let me proceed. I eventually had to the AA for phone for help to be told it would be better to use their app! ?!

The same AA man as previously came out, we have become good friends and we had the same discussion that I probably needed a new battery, but mine is an unsual model, difficult to source. sad. The car has only 4000 miles on it, but because I have been shielding and DH hates driving it, it's not getting used. Hard lesson to learn, but I really don't have much choice.

I came back into the house as it was bitterly cold, to be hit on the face by something. A bird had got in through the open door and flew into my face. I have a phobia of birds and I think my screams must been heard in the next town!
By the time DH deigned to come and see what was wrong, there was bird poo everywhere! ??

In amongst all this mayhem, DH decided to start dismantling the trees! ? If I wasn't confined to barracks, I would be running away and not coming back! grin

Kalu Sun 03-Jan-21 12:07:57

Stilllearning, what a pity you didn’t join us last year. I’m sure you would have enjoyed sharing a blether and laughs with such a friendly bunch. Without doubt, another one will be arranged whenever we can have another meet up. Marydoll kindly arranged the last one. I will look forward to meeting you at the next one.

I like your jar idea too Taichinan. I quite fancy doing that myself.

Sparklefizz Sun 03-Jan-21 12:04:07

EllanVannin I've got awful catarrh and have had it all year, it's a nuisance. I could do with a spell of antibiotics to clear it up but they interfere with warfarin and the GP is reluctant to give them to me. I go through rolls of toilet paper blowing my nose all the time. It's since that bout of 'flu this time last year.

Sorry to hear this, it's miserable for you. Do you eat a lot of dairy products? You probably already know this but dairy creates mucus and I used to get a lot of catarrh and blocked nose in the days when I could eat dairy.

Sparklefizz Sun 03-Jan-21 12:00:42

Viridian I'm particularly looking for pieces of old crockery so I can resurrect them into a crazy vase.

Love that idea, Viridian. You must post a photo of the finished masterpiece.

Viridian Sun 03-Jan-21 11:37:47

Good (late) morning from a bright, cold south Cornwall. Lovely weather for beachcombing so I'm meeting a friend outside a coffee shop for a takeaway drink and we'll trundle down to the town beach. She's never done it before and is excited! I'm particularly looking for pieces of old crockery so I can resurrect them into a crazy vase. Have the best day you can everyone.

Taichinan Sun 03-Jan-21 11:30:47

Good morning Good Morningers. It is bitterly cold here on the Angus coast - sunshine, showers and ? today. I'm up very late again today - my body clock has gone haywire. Still there's no reason to live by the clock just now so I'll just take things as they come.
Ashcombe, I've been looking for a Round Tuit for ages - the one I used to have has gone missing. So if you find one, please let me know where to get it ??
Lovely snowdrops Nannytopsy. We are about two or three weeks later up here than down south so I'll not look yet - although I did find the daffodil's stubby noses through the hard earth a couple of days ago. Wonderful signs of Spring.
Kalu what a lovely gift. I actually tried to do that in reverse, as it were, a few years ago - putting into a jar slips of paper with reminders of good things and happy happenings. It didn't get far, sadly - too busy being happy and doing lovely things in those days!
Now I must away and do I know not what. A set of tai chi is high on the list to keep me supple in these sedentary times. Have as good a day as you can everyone and remember, this too shall pass. ???

Blossoming Sun 03-Jan-21 11:24:18

Good morning all, another bright freezing morning. The roads and pavements are still too slippery to risk going out so another day sewing and pottering. Stay safe and warm.

LauraNorder Sun 03-Jan-21 11:00:30

Good morning Mick and all from dry, cold Anglesey. We had a very long walk in beautiful bright sunshine yesterday. The beach was deserted and the water sparkled like a million little fairies dancing on top but not social distancing.
Treated myself to some Eccles cakes with my Tesco delivery today so will replace the lost calories. Oh well will just have to don the walking boots again.
I love your words Grandmafrench, and will keep them with winter in my head but spring in my heart.
Have a good day everyone.

Grandmadougal Sun 03-Jan-21 10:59:11

Good morning all from a sunny[in the south] to a very dark sky[ in the north] Norfolk, no idea which way it will go but hoping for the sunshine.

A sewing day planned and not a lot else. Have lots of odd material left over from projects so trying to work out what to do with it all.

Managed a zoom with the family yesterday which was nice but still missing those hugs.

take care everyone, spring is round the corner we just need to hold the line for a bit longer.

gillgran Sun 03-Jan-21 10:40:43

Good Morning to you all, from Cambs., the weather here is just like Gingster described in Essex, ( not near, but not a million miles away)! It's really doing nothing.!!

We ussually leave our Christmas decorations up until 12th night, but thought we may start today to just do it bit-by-bit, a few each day, so as not to get that bare look all at once.

Lovely, cheering photo of the snowdrops, thank you Nannytopsy. I eagerly look forward to seeing all the first signs of spring.

Take Care Folks