Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Sun 03-Jan-21 06:13:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet start here in Brackley this morning , another quiet day , but may do a small hop this morning .
Will try and sort some of my filing out as to last years paperwork ,and fresh file for this years documents of importance received in the post .
Take Care,
Mick

Pantglas2 Sun 03-Jan-21 06:22:12

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a dry and dark north Wales where it’s a little nippier ❄️ Brrrr!

Didn’t post yesterday as I was up to my ankles in Turkey 🦃 ‘Twas only a 11 pounder but by God it’s done a mighty job of filling my face and my freezer! Curry, risotto, stirfry, soup and 🥧 on top of the lishus roast on New Year’s Day!

I’m trotting out for a paper now and will pop back to read about your doings but Peaceful Sunday wishes to all in the meantime x

Bellasnana Sun 03-Jan-21 06:22:26

Good morning Mick and everyone. It is a fine day so far but showers are forecast for later. 16°C so not cold yet.

No plans today although I too have a pile of papers which need filing. I tend to put things off.🙈

Wishing you all the best day possible.☀️

grandMattie Sun 03-Jan-21 06:25:39

Good morning from a cold dark E Kent.
The Beast from the East is nigh. Since we barely leave the house, it doesn’t affect us much. At least, it is early in the winter and won’t affect the fruit farmer much.
Feeling rather sad as my DS2 went home yesterday after 24 hours here. Still, it was a joy to see him.
Nothing much on today; virtual church, and more turkey. I did send DS home with half the turkey 🦃!
Were PH’s cinnamon buns worth it, Marydoll ? He used to live up the road from us. His then wife was terribly up herself, he wasn’t, his son Joshua went to the local school.
Shame on you, grandmafrench, to go on such a long and illegal rave in Brittany. I sincerely hope it was worth it! 🤣🤣
May today bring relief to those in pain, sad, or just plain cheesed off. Stay safe. X

Ashcombe Sun 03-Jan-21 06:43:03

Good morning one and all from a dark, dampish Torbay.

Mick: when you’ve done your paperwork, I imagine you might feel like doing a “small hop” of joy! Bellasnana has the same idea, so good luck! The contents of my filing cabinet need culling when I get a roundtuit!

I must say it was a joy to eat salmon last night after 10 meat heavy days! Turkey is good value but sometimes I wish it wouldn’t keep on giving! I can understand you donating half of yours to your DS2, grandMattie. How lovely that you saw him!

Church at 9.30 so I mustn’t linger in bed although it’s only across a small park from my home.

Have as good a day as possible, everyone!

Beechnut Sun 03-Jan-21 06:48:03

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It was snowing heavily as I climbed into bed last night. It hasn’t stuck and is just damp and dark outside.

I had a lovely unexpected video chat with my friend who moved far away yesterday afternoon.

I will fill my new doorstops and put them in place and maybe write some letters.

Have the best day you can all 🌺

Scentia Sun 03-Jan-21 07:03:57

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and feels cold 🥶
I must call DD to see if she has any snow on the roads before I venture over there to take DGS for a walk. I really don’t like driving in the snow ❄️
Other than that I have no plans apart from relaxing before we start back to work tomorrow.
Take care everyone and stay safe and warm.❤️

dragonfly46 Sun 03-Jan-21 07:36:13

Good morning, we too had snow in Leicestershire last night but it has gone now.

Nothing planned apart from taking the decorations down.

Wishing everyone a good day.

NanKate Sun 03-Jan-21 07:49:53

Morning Mick and All.

We are snowless in South Bucks.

I have stacks of paperwork that needs shredding, sorting etc but I know it won’s get done.

We have got lamb chops today as I told DH I wanted something different.

I wish I could tell you I was doing something exciting, different, fun, but I’m not, heyho things will improve given time.

Nannytopsy Sun 03-Jan-21 07:54:12

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Bright and dry in Suffolk at the moment - I do hope it lasts. There is even some blue sky!
These snowdrops are out in the village churchyard although the rest are barely showing their leaves yet.
A walk with the new birdwatching scope this morning, I think and a roast chicken with roasties and lovely veg tonight. The diet is back tomorrow 😡
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

kittylester Sun 03-Jan-21 07:57:16

Morning all from a very cold bit of North Leicestershire. We had quite a bit of snow last night but then it rained and washed it all away!

We have duck for dinner today - a sort of New Year tradition in the Lester house.

Have best day possible everyone.

cornergran Sun 03-Jan-21 08:03:50

Morning Mick, morning All. Dark, dry and draughty in our corner of Somerset. Jolly cold too. Yesterday’s postponed walk may happen this morning, it’s a day for wrapping up and not standing still. All was not lost yesterday as we paid a flying visit to our bubble-son who we know will keep us away once he’s back in work. No huge turkey to manage here, just enough for two days. Share your dislike of driving in snow Scentia, we came back yesterday through an odd and atmospheric mix of fog and wet snow, pleased it wasn’t sticking. Filing waiting here too, it’s one of my ‘one day when I feel like it’ jobs. Could be there a while. smile. Take care everyone, stay warm. Hope there’s something to cheer us all in our days.

brook2704 Sun 03-Jan-21 08:05:25

Good morning everyone from Inverness, just like yesterday we’ve had another snow flurry overnight so it’s all looking very white again.
Yesterday we had a walk around Loch Moy, just south of Inverness. The snow was really deep there and it was a struggle walking but I still enjoyed it. Nothing different planned for today, I like to get outside for a little while each day so we’ll just go for another walk somewhere. Everyday is the same just now. Oh I almost forgot, I did pop to Tesco yesterday morning, it was very quiet for a Saturday morning and I was back home within an hour...
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Kalu Sun 03-Jan-21 08:14:39

Good morning from Glasgow. Still very dark and although frost, we are promised sunshine again today.

Last lot of decorations to pack away but I am leaving some soft white fairy lights outside for this month anyway to add a bit of cheer during darker days.

One of our gifts was a joint effort by both GDs. A jar with 365 folded, uplifting quotes for us to read each day. To have taken the time to do this, is a gift in itself.

Have a pleasant Sunday all.

baubles Sun 03-Jan-21 08:15:14

Good morning Mick, morning all from freezing S Lanarkshire. We’re still trapped in Siberia like conditions, our ice skating neighbour is loving it! Venturing outside is slightly terrifying but the dog has to be walked, thankfully DH is improving so he’s insisting on doing the lion’s share.

Did very little yesterday, had a long FaceTime chat with DD, the children all showed face at various times throughout the call. DD is trying not to get too stressed about how she’s going to be able to work with the children at home but I know she’s worried.

I think I’ll pack away the Christmas stuff today and have a bit of a tidy up.

Have the best day possible, look after yourselves.

Sar53 Sun 03-Jan-21 08:17:46

Good morning from a very dank, grey and miserable looking Essex by the sea.
I took the decs down yesterday and gave the lounge a good clean. It now looks very bare.
Gammon, roasties and veg for dinner. That's about as exciting as it gets in sartowers.
Kind thoughts, hugs and 💐 for you all. Enjoy Sunday and stay safe everyone xx.

Sparklefizz Sun 03-Jan-21 08:23:53

Good morning Mick and all Gns from chilly and damp South Glos. We had some snow yesterday afternoon but it didn't settle.

Those who need to walk dogs in ice and snow, have you tried the gripper things that fit onto the soles of your boots? They are brilliant, lime mini crampons.

What a beautiful photo of snowdrops Nannytopsy - they bring the hope of Spring. I've got a lone primrose flowering in my garden.

It seems that we've all got filing waiting to be done ... me too. Doubt it will get done today, though, as I've got a Sainsbury's delivery this morning, and also plan to box up the Christmas decs and put them away. This is what life on the wild side looks like.

Have as good a day as possible, everyone, and a hug to all who are feeling ill, sad or lonely.

Sparklefizz Sun 03-Jan-21 08:24:34

"like" not "lime"

Greyduster Sun 03-Jan-21 08:24:36

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A grey start to the South Yorkshire day. It snowed all afternoon yesterday and we had a good covering but there’s not a skerrick this morning. All gone, which is exactly the way I like it. We are taking the decs down today and getting back to whatever passes for normal in this house! Roast chicken for dinner. Have the best day you can folks.

ginny Sun 03-Jan-21 08:25:36

Good Morning everyone.

Dull and a little misty here in N . Bucks. Hope it stays dry as I am off to meet DD2 for a walk this morning . Afterwards I will pop round the corner for a ‘window’ visit with DD3 and DGS.

The school that DD3 works at is not opening for at least the next 2 weeks. Right or wrong, I am rather relived as she is 5 months pregnant and I worry about her being with so many children.

We enjoyed our driveway chat with friends yesterday although it was rather chilly!

Hope you all find a 😄 today.

Marydoll Sun 03-Jan-21 08:25:58

Good morning all, its- 6°C here in Glasgow, which means it's too cold for me to go out, even in the garden. Its a disappointment, as I feel really cooped up.

Grandmattie the cinammon muffins were better, but still need tweaked. I have treated myself to a new griddle, so we will see if they taste better the next time.

We are taking the trees down, so we will probably fall out! I'm usually happy to keep them up, but they are annoying me this year.

Kalu, what a thoughtful gift from your girls. Certainly one to treasure.

Have a pleasant day all.

Nortsat Sun 03-Jan-21 08:31:24

Good morning Mick and the GM team from east London where it is quiet and grey.

We watched an interesting film last night called Changeling, based on a true story about a woman whose son went missing, set in 1928.
It had Angelina Jolie in the lead role ... I think that’s the first time we’ve seen her in a film. It was directed by Clint Eastwood.

Easy day today and supper is the last leg of the Christmas turkey, with roast potatoes and Brussel Sprouts. Then back to trying to eat more healthily tomorrow. The cakes and chocolates from Christmas are mostly finished and I will freeze anything else.

Thinking of those facing challenges today and wishing everyone a pleasant day. 😎

Mapleleaf Sun 03-Jan-21 08:36:55

Good morning,

Greyduster has our weather forecast spot on. The way the snow settled yesterday, I thought we were in for a prolonged display of the stuff, but thankfully it's all gone.

I intend to continue getting rid of ancient paperwork today. We have made good strides, but there is still a fair amount to work through. New year resolution? - keep on top of the filing system and don't allow old papers to build up 😂

I think I might put away a few of the Christmas decorations today, but the tree stays up until twelfth night.

I hope everyone has a decent day, and those of you feeling low, worried or despairing, I do hope today brings you some solace. 💐

Alygran Sun 03-Jan-21 08:43:11

Good morning from North Yorkshire. We have sleet at the moment! Within half an hour of posting about going out for a walk yesterday we had very heavy snow and had to abandon our plans.
Nothing much doing today. Home made chicken and veg soup for lunch.
Hope today is kind to everyone. Stay safe.

Lins1066 Sun 03-Jan-21 08:43:19

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy S Welsh coast. Took our decorations down yesterday and the outside lights.
Went for a walk at twilight and the pavements were a bit slippery so we walked on the quiet roads around here. Most people had taken their decorations down too. A beautiful photo of the snowdrops NannyT they are a favourite of mine, so delicate looking but so resilient. I have a half leg of lamb to roast for us later. Hope everyone will have a good Sunday and take care.