Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(80 Posts)
12Michael Sat 09-Jan-21 06:12:14

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its dark , but looks dry and cold here in Brackley this morning , yesterday did see a slight snow covering which went a few hours later .
I only hope with the days opening up , that temperatures will lift ,and make it more enjoyable.
Today , hopefully later will get a Chinese Take Away.
Take Care ,
Mick

LauraNorder Sat 09-Jan-21 19:04:10

Thanks Urms I’ve had a lovely day, made even more special by all the lovely folk on this thread.
Sadly Travelsafar lost her husband to covid. I read the sad news this morning on FannyC’s night owl thread. Unfortunately I read it after I posted that it was my birthday otherwise I wouldn’t have done so.

Urmstongran Sat 09-Jan-21 17:02:14

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LauraNorder (what’s left of it!) ?
Lovely to see you posting here lemongrove - what area are you in please? Let us know every day - the grey cells aren’t what they were.

Welcome to the newbies EkwaNimity (very clever I like it!) and nannatwiglet ?? it’s great to have you join us. Just to say, if you don’t mind ladies, we DO all like to know the value of your home. Not that we’re nosy but it’s just really important information as I’m sure you’ll both understand.
?

Sorry but the sad news about travelsafar has passed me by completely. I don’t think she posts on here does she?? Wheee do I find out? Must check other threads. Poor lady, I’m assuming it’s Covid related. x

Mapleleaf Sat 09-Jan-21 16:46:27

Good afternoon.

I’m very late posting, but it’s been one of those days where I’ve been busy doing this, that and the other before realising I need to post on the GM thread!

I hope you have enjoyed your birthday, LauraNorder ?.

Good news about little Iris - she is doing so well.

Good news, too, that gilly might post again soon.

I haven’t read the news about travelsafar, but I’m guessing it’s not good news and send my thoughts to her. ?

It’s a teeny bit lighter for longer today, which is welcome, though still freezing cold, but at least it’s a reminder that spring is on its way.

Take care everyone.

Urmstongran Sat 09-Jan-21 16:20:43

Ha! By defaultEV
#superlazygran
?
Right oh, got a cuppa & I’m settling down now to read the 70+ messages.
Lovely!

EllanVannin Sat 09-Jan-21 16:07:16

Glad all is well with you, Urmston x You're allowed a break grin

Urmstongran Sat 09-Jan-21 16:03:33

I slept in late as I’d slept poorly on Thursday night. Then was all of a rush - to breakfast, shower and be at the park to wave to the grandchildren on their bikes in our local park. So much activity at 9am meant I completely forgot to post! That’s a first.

See you all in the morning! Keep safe. x

Gingster Sat 09-Jan-21 14:12:13

I’m sooooo late but good day to you all. ?

Lovely day now , sunny and bright but still cold. When I walked the dog much earlier, it wasn’t slippery but I’ve just been out in the garden and slipped on the decking. Take care out there as you can’t always see where the ice is.

DS1 brought our shopping in early and he said ‘mum, I couldn’t get any Daffoldils, so I got you some chrysanthemums. Ooo lovely, I said! When he had gone , I noticed they are carnations. ?.

Happy birthday Laura. Wishing you a lovely day ?.

Sar sorry to hear you have family worries. Try to take your mind off it with some of your lovely cross stitch.

Marydoll I’m glad you’re back to your homely comforts. I’m looking forward to hearing of the near murrrrderrrrr ??.

travelsofar I haven’t seen what has befallen you, but my best wishes are with you. ?

Susan I hope you get the help you need without having to visit the hospital. ?

I hope Urmstongran is ok. No message today? ?

Hoping you’re all having a pleasant day. ?

Beechnut Sat 09-Jan-21 13:36:16

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday LauraNorder ??

LauraNorder Sat 09-Jan-21 12:37:44

Just want to say thank you so much all of you for the good wishes.
I really do appreciate your daily company and support for eachother.
Thank you

GrannySomerset Sat 09-Jan-21 11:50:35

Marydoll you remind me of someone asking me at our golden wedding party if I had ever thought about divorce. I said that no, I hadn’t, but murder on the other hand ......

EllanVannin Sat 09-Jan-21 11:47:54

Hahahahaha, Marydoll.

Marydoll Sat 09-Jan-21 11:42:42

Now that I have time to read everyone's posts, I'm hoping that Harri and Susan feel some improvement as the day goes on.

Have the best birthday you can, Laura, well in the present climate! ? ?

Thinking of our Gilly, whom I know is carrying a heavy burden just now, trying to be all things to all people and ignoring her own needs.
I wish some of us were nearer to her.

We have now done our Covid tests, I shall report back on that debacle tomorrow! wink.
You know that part in Taggart when they said, There's been a murrrrrrder, well there nearly was in this house this morning.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 09-Jan-21 11:19:27

Good Morning all from bright and snowy Harrogate. Yesterday's snow has now frozen (nice and crisp underfoot) but feet disappear under it!!

Viridian Love the snail, I can see you getting orders from GNs, he'd make a lovely pet!!

Had fully intended. to post a lot earlier but was facetimed by DD2 with her mischievous son (who has DS). He wanted to climb the chairs while being facetimed, DD says he is refusing to walk in the snow, so she managed to borrow a sledge for him. His first trip out and he deliberately fell face down in the snow!! DDs phone got slobbered on when he decided to give me a kiss!!

I have struggled to put photos on my post, but it just doesn't happen, HELP. I need a lesson!
No particular plans, might do some baking, might go out with the dog this pm. She went absolutely mad in the snow yesterday trying to catch snowflakes, catching snowballs, barking at sledges.

Will pop back later to read properly, stay safe, folks.

EllanVannin Sat 09-Jan-21 11:17:04

Right, I've flicked through the "register" and Urmston isn't present.
Where are you girl ? Hope everything's alright. x

Grandmadougal Sat 09-Jan-21 11:02:46

Good morning from a sunny but freezing Norfolk.

Not good news from MIL care home yesterday but not unexpected, hoping they let us do a window visit later, fingers crossed.

Lots of buzzing news on here today, definitely cheering my day up.

Lots of family calls to make now thank goodness for WhatsApp! Repeating the same thing is quite hard DH not much good at that sort of thing.

Hope you all have a good day, look forward to hopefully hearing from gillybob.

Grandmabatty Sat 09-Jan-21 10:58:21

Popped back in .Travelsafar ? I'm very sorry to hear your news.

Blossoming Sat 09-Jan-21 10:47:57

Good morning all. A beautiful sunny morning, but so cold! I’m up and showered, laundry in progress, kitchen tidied so having a break and a cuppa and catching up on Gransnet. Hope all are safe and warm, it’s really cold here and very icy. I may stay in.

EllanVannin Sat 09-Jan-21 10:35:02

Good Morning All x. Happy Birthday LauraNorder x.

A bright but cold frosty morning. Seagulls are perched on many roof-tops of surrounding houses----probably in the hope that someone will throw some scraps out.

I'm hobbling around at the moment with synovitis in my knee. It's 40 years since this happened so I'm also annoyed that it's suddenly struck again. Yesterday it was chronic, but today it's more manageable. I've been leaning against the wall swinging my leg and balancing while I keep the knee bent----like a stork grin. Pain frustrates me.

Far worse things going on though as I don't have to do anything or go anywhere so it's not that much of an inconvenience. Not as bad as harrigran's episodes which I hope are short-lived and Marydoll has to live with what she's got ( too many to mention ) I shall pull myself together !

Thinking too of travelsafar where everything happened so suddenly. Words don't seem enough. x flowers
So much sadness sad

Pleased to hear that Gilly has been in touch with a poster, a step nearer to " seeing" her again. We're all here to share her problems x.

I've just finished re-tuning the TV as it changed stations about 3 times last year and some programmes had been cutting out so while I remembered I sorted it. Afterall, the TV matters even if nothing else does smile

A pan of turkey soup to do today, using 1 leg that has defrosted, so that can simmer for a few hours leaving me free to donothing some tidying/ironing.

Take great care everyone and stay safe. xx.

Nannatwiglet Sat 09-Jan-21 10:34:55

Good morning from West Yorkshire. A bright and sunny day...but yesterday’s snow and ice haven’t melted yet. Temperature just above freezing. Treacherous underfoot outside, so dare not go out for a walk yet....
Stay safe everyone! Best wishes to those who are on their own or feeling under the weather...?

gillgran Sat 09-Jan-21 10:27:23

Good Morning to you all from Cambs., It's bright, cold & sunny, after thick freezing fog earlier. (like yours Mick, I think someone called it froggy a while back!!)

Warm Birthday Wishes for LauraNorder. flowers

Good news grandMattie about your DGD.

Take Care Folks

Susan56 Sat 09-Jan-21 10:10:33

Good morning.

Thank you for all the good wishes for my hospital visit yesterday.They definitely worked as had a really positive appointment with a lovely consultant and all is good.

Have had the rumblings of a UTI for a couple of days but didn’t call the GP as didn’t want them calling while I was at the hospital.Big mistake.Have spent the last two hours dealing with 111 who want me to go to hospital because of my other health conditions.There is not a chance and no need?am waiting for a dr to phone back now.I don’t want to sound arrogant saying I don’t need to go to hospital but have been dealing with the same conditions for years and really don’t think I am ill enough to warrant hospital in a pandemic.

Brilliant news about Iris.What a strong little girl she is.

Thinking of travelsafar?

Have the best day you can everyone.

Nortsat Sat 09-Jan-21 10:01:34

Good morning Mick and the GM team from grey, cold east London.

The Covid rates are so high here, I am nervous about going out for my daily walk. I am medically excused from wearing a mask, but I might give it a try on my walk today.

On line shopping today and film night tonight. We often have a takeaway on Saturday but I am quite anxious about doing that now. We have some pizza bases in the freezer, I might just make some pizzas for supper. We’re a bit low on salad ingredients...

Happy birthday LauraNorder flowers for you.
Good thoughts to Travelsafar.
Great news about Iris
Looking forward to hearing from gilly.

Have a warm, safe day all and ‘let’s be careful out there’. ?

cornergran Sat 09-Jan-21 09:57:06

Happy Birthday LauraNorder. ???

Gillycats Sat 09-Jan-21 09:48:22

Good morning from a very cold Abingdon. Hope everyone is safe and well. I’m recovering from a hip replacement (at the grand old age of 57). Just had my 2nd shower of 2021! Livin the dream ❤️ Xxx

GrannySomerset Sat 09-Jan-21 09:44:51

A lovely start to the day with good news about Gilly, young Iris and the inimitable Marydoll and her adventures in hospital. How awful for the young Italian girl, though. Puts life in perspective.

DH saw his consultant yesterday but she had nothing to say really, but at least it wasn’t bad news. I made a dash to Tesco in the afternoon, and at tea time we had the call inviting DH for his jab next Wednesday. Then later we watched the film The Wife, for want of anything better, which was excellent. So all in all quite a positive day.

Nothing in view for today, but thinking of Travelsafar and her family. What a pity that more people are not taking life as seriously as most of us!