Gransnet forums

Chat

Seems Harry & Meghan have quit social media ‘for good’.

(152 Posts)
Urmstongran Sat 09-Jan-21 22:25:54

Announced on Catherine’s birthday? What a couple. Me, me, me ...

They are the sort of people who would announce a pregnancy at somebody else's wedding.

Lucretzia Sat 16-Jan-21 23:55:25

Oh, ok

I am not obsessed with them. I don't know if anyone is. Just passing comment.

But I must say that I'm quite sure Tom will have had full permission from H&M to say what he said.

GagaJo Sat 16-Jan-21 23:50:06

Comment in reply to Merlot

Lucretzia Sat 16-Jan-21 23:42:04

GagaJo

GagaJo

I don't give a damn who they talk to. The obsession with them is weird.

This

This what?

GagaJo Sat 16-Jan-21 23:35:27

GagaJo

This

merlotgran Sat 16-Jan-21 22:24:38

Bulls**t, merlot wasn't aimed specifically at me? grin grin

GagaJo Sat 16-Jan-21 22:20:15

Not worried in the least merlotgran. The comment about obsession wasn't aimed specifically at you. At GN in general really.

And if agreement was necessary for threads on here, it would be a very sparse site indeed.

Anniebach Sat 16-Jan-21 22:15:23

Would Tom Bradby risk speaking of Harry without Harry or
Megs permission , he is a close friend

merlotgran Sat 16-Jan-21 21:59:31

If you don't give a damn, why the rude reply to my post.

Commenting is not obsessing. Nothing weird for you to worry about.

GagaJo Sat 16-Jan-21 21:55:48

merlotgran Sat 16-Jan-21 21:37:55

Bulls**t merlot. It was Tom who blabbed. You can hardly castigate H&M for someone else having a big mouth.

Next you'll be saying they don't confide in Tom Bradby, Omid Scobie et al.

GagaJo Sat 16-Jan-21 21:27:26

Bulls**t merlot. It was Tom who blabbed. You can hardly castigate H&M for someone else having a big mouth.

Well, I'm sure you all can. But it is all supposition, gossip and smoke and mirrors. No reality to it at all in the soap opera that is royal obsession.

Sparklefizz Sat 16-Jan-21 20:48:25

I bet Prince Charles is pretty gutted as well.

Not to mention the poor Queen.

merlotgran Sat 16-Jan-21 18:52:11

Perhaps Alan Titmarsh should have not interviewed Tom. And perhaps Tom should have kept his mouth shut.

Yup!

And perhaps Harry and Meghan could both shut up and give us a break.

Nobody forced them to do what they did. Harry is allegedly heartbroken. I bet Prince Charles is pretty gutted as well. hmm

GagaJo Sat 16-Jan-21 18:19:29

merlotgran

^Harry is whingeing again, via the royal sycophant, Tom Bradby in an interview for ITV, on Alan Titmarsh; he is apparently 'distraught over painful royal rift.'^

One sycophant interviewing another.

Harry is playing the victim card again.

Perhaps Alan Titmarsh should have not interviewed Tom. And perhaps Tom should have kept his mouth shut.

Anniebach Sat 16-Jan-21 16:55:06

Poor Harry, distraught over painful rift from family, cruel , cruel family , he only lost his mother 24 years ago, how could they do this to him, he only wanted all his own way .

hollysteers Sat 16-Jan-21 14:58:05

Keeping your mouth shut is the best thing to do as a Royal.
No good has ever come out of the frank interviews such as Charles and Diana gave.
The Queen Mother (not a fan but she was wily) gave one right at the beginning of her marriage and realised it was a mistake. Never opened her mouth for the next 100 years?
Surely it can’t be too hard to ignore social media etc and just get on with it, like the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester or Princess Anne?
I have a monarchist’s heart and a republican head; my head says it’s bonkers, but my heart likes the history and tradition.
It’s the only soap opera I watch and as I pay something towards it, more scandal please!

Sparklefizz Sat 16-Jan-21 14:27:05

Too true. Harry is playing the victim card again.

Unfortunately Meghan encourages it.

25Avalon Sat 16-Jan-21 13:51:45

Namsnanny yes it is.

merlotgran Sat 16-Jan-21 13:48:02

Harry is whingeing again, via the royal sycophant, Tom Bradby in an interview for ITV, on Alan Titmarsh; he is apparently 'distraught over painful royal rift.'

One sycophant interviewing another.

Harry is playing the victim card again.

Namsnanny Sat 16-Jan-21 13:43:18

25Avalon

Esspee why would they want to be talked about I wonder when all they want is privacy!!

Is that a tongue in cheek comment 25Avalon?

eazybee Sat 16-Jan-21 13:42:02

I am one of the people who has warmed recently to Camilla; she and Charles caused a huge amount of upset through their double adultery, and I was not impressed; he achieved what he wanted, she less so although I think they are very happy in their marriage. I think Camila is less enthusiastic about being Queen Consort, but has been taking on responsibilities in preparation, and I like her Reading Room; my choice of books.

Harry is whingeing again, via the royal sycophant, Tom Bradby in an interview for ITV, on Alan Titmarsh; he is apparently 'distraught over painful royal rift.'
His choice.

25Avalon Sat 16-Jan-21 12:22:36

Esspee why would they want to be talked about I wonder when all they want is privacy!!

Gwyneth Fri 15-Jan-21 19:04:00

Thank you Sparklefizz

Calendargirl Fri 15-Jan-21 18:54:54

Desdemona

I wonder what Harry and Meghan would be doing with their lives if he had never been a member of The Royal Family?

If he had never been a member of the Royal Family, I don’t think they would ever have been introduced, hence they would not have got married.

❤️

merlotgran Fri 15-Jan-21 18:25:11

The Megxit review with the Queen has been cancelled because everyone's happy with the way things are going.

Good! Any changes would have been reported ad nauseam and it deprives Omid Scobie of yet another article to sell to Grazia.