Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Tue 12-Jan-21 06:13:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its raining outside this morning here in Brackley ,I am expecting my Parsley Box meals order today via DHL .
Yesterday , picked up prescriptions and noticed that Boots like many chemists have reduced the number of people allowed in the shop to 3.
Normally this time of year , if I had not booked to see a stage show already ,I would be browsing through the leaflet which I get from the local travel trip organiser selecting the breaks etc for the year .
Take Care,
Mick

Skallagrigg Tue 12-Jan-21 17:44:35

My best wishes to Auntieflo, I hope you get the help and support you need and deserve. I live in Rutland and today has been a bright sunny day, so out came the walking boots, and managed about five miles. Lifts the spirit's so much and awarded myself with a homemade choc muffin and a cuppa when I got home.

Beechnut Tue 12-Jan-21 16:50:48

I’m sorry to read of your bad news *Auntieflo. I hope a treatment plan will be sorted as soon as possible for you ?

Daisyboots Tue 12-Jan-21 16:19:32

Good afternoon. Just popping in with a box of chocs for Auntieflo as you must be overflowing with flowers now. Good luck with your appointment on Friday. There will be several options for treatment so don't despair. I was in your position two years ago this month 23 years after my breast cancer diagnosis so have an idea of how you must be feeling. Big cyber hugs from me and will be thinking of you.

Nanna58 Tue 12-Jan-21 15:11:50

Will be thinking of you Auntieflo, and hoping upon hope that all will be ok ????

Nanna58 Tue 12-Jan-21 15:07:53

Scentia I’ve been getting random parcels from Amazon when I don’t even have an account with them! A selfie stick, a contactless thermometer and some cotton moisturising gloves! Rang customer service and they said they will investigate and to keep the items. Very odd !!

Stilllearning Tue 12-Jan-21 13:48:52

Just came back to catch up and to send good wishes and thoughts to Auntieflo, I’ll be remembering you in my prayers.

LauraNorder Tue 12-Jan-21 13:34:47

Where is EV this morning?
I’m not keeping tabs on everyone but I do look forward to EV’s posts

HAZBEEN Tue 12-Jan-21 13:13:59

A quick good afternoon! Sorry I am so late but I have an excuse honestly!!
My OH decided this morning he was going to decorate the hallway and of course that entails someone (me) being his labourer! I had to remove all pictures etc, vac the carpet, help lay out the dust sheets, find the paint brushes (he put away safely) etc etc.
Then he thought he would have a breakfast before he started! Typical builder he needs a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea before anything happens!
Anyway love and hugs to everyone who needs them and special thoughts and best wishes to Auntieflo.
Stay safe all.

brook2704 Tue 12-Jan-21 13:01:40

Hope all goes well with your appointment on Friday Auntieflo and you get the best possible care and treatment ?

Blossoming Tue 12-Jan-21 11:55:00

I hope your appointment goes well on Friday Auntieflo, good that they’re taking care of you. It’s very worrying but there are always options flowers

NanKate Tue 12-Jan-21 11:24:34

Auntieflo ?Sorry to hear your news.

Thanks to those mentioning my blood tests, they are routine ones I was surprised to be summoned to the surgery. They had only left 4 chairs out but the car park was full. Only saw 2 other people.

Love the name the Butchery grandMattie.

Sorry for the news of your friends Mary.

Auntieflo Tue 12-Jan-21 11:21:35

Just come down from a shower and hairwash, and to say thank you all who have sent me such lovely messages. I was a bit overcome and had watery eyes! ?

I have had a phone call to say that an appointment has been made for Friday morning, when I will see a consultant. ?

And, the sun has come out, so am borrowing Gilly's. Yay...

GrannyGravy13 Tue 12-Jan-21 11:16:49

Just had a good news phone call, our young friend is no longer on a ventilator and their progress is looking favourable.

Blossoming Tue 12-Jan-21 11:09:21

Good morning all. I managed to get out for a walk yesterday despite the rain. It was very quiet, only saw 2 other people and they were some distance away. Today, however, the sun is shining and the car park is almost full! I’m hoping they will be gone later so I can get out, I need to walk for at least 30 minutes a day as advised by my physio.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 12-Jan-21 11:05:43

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate - the optomist in me has put a wash on with great hopes!!
Auntieflo so sorry about your news, hopefully won't be as bad as you fear?
My sewing machine problem turned out my dyslexic self had put the spool in the wrong way round, and I'd threaded it wrong!! With it now working I shall do a bit more sewing this pm.
Have to do a bit more baking shortly, apart from all that, and making meals probably doing nothing all day!!
Marydoll don't do too much, take care!!

Those Parsley Boxes sound intriguing, Mick - are they full of parsley?

Take care everyone and Keep Safe!

dustyangel Tue 12-Jan-21 10:57:46

Good morning everyone, had two men clambering about on the roof this morning and they think they have located the source of our leaks. Time will tell.

Auntie Flo thinking of you. flowers

GrannyGravy13 Tue 12-Jan-21 10:53:54

Auntieflo thanks

Phonics lesson complete, we are having a break, 1yr old is asleep on my lap so I cannot move for the next hour. Bad Gran has given 5yr old my iPad and he is chilling in front of a non-educational video.

I have nothing but praise for his teachers, online learning lessons every day, with feed back and contact

Aldom Tue 12-Jan-21 10:39:26

Auntieflow I'm so sorry to hear your news. Sending you kind thoughts and best wishes flowers

CherryCezzy Tue 12-Jan-21 10:37:50

Good morning to you all. It rained heavily in the night here in the Gower and the wind was howling. The wind has died down this morning but it's still raining.

I've only had the chance to read a few posts so far this morning, I will catch up with everyone's doings shortly.
Hope you DH's operation goes well today Beauregard.
The first thing I wanted to say this morning was thank you Auntieflo for your kind concern yesterday only to discover ths morning you've been hit by this bad news. So sorry to hear it ?

There were five, not four, people in my house yesterday in the end ?. The engineer came first, a different man, and he fixed our boiler issue that the first man had made worse. What took the first engineer two hours to cause more damage took the second five minutes to put right! You couldn't make it up could you. Then four (when I was told it would be three) people came to plan our new kitchen. Apparently there were that many required because I have been assessed by an OT to ensure the new kitchen will be safe as possible for me to use. How many people are needed to change a lightbulb comes to mind. Only one person even looked at the OT's report (where's the shakes head emoji when you need it) ?.
A quiet day in a darkened room is needed for me today I think !

Please take care and stay safe everyone, ? and hugs to those who need some ❤️

GrannyOwl5 Tue 12-Jan-21 10:24:38

Good morning everyone from a grey and damp north Kent.

Sorry to read your news Auntieflo must have been a shock for you so a few deep breaths and take a moment to let things settle. Sure your medical team will put a plan into action, but in the meantime remember we are all here offering support.

Hope things go well for your DH today Beauregard.
Marydoll sorry that you’re feeling low; a stroll in the fresh air will do you good but don’t overdo it.

I have embarked on a virtual fitness challenge and am walking 21 miles across the English Channel; so far I have walked four miles across - DH rather spitefully said he knew I could walk on water - nothing like a bit of encouragement to keep you going!

Hope you all have the best day possible. Stay safe

GrannySomerset Tue 12-Jan-21 10:03:57

Dismal and wet in our bit of North Somerset so another indoor day looks likely. Wonderful cleaner is here so keeping DH in a separate room is necessary. He is to have his jab tomorrow so insisted on getting up early today. Yes, I know, but he no longer does logical and it is just easier not to fight it, but normally he stays in bed until downstairs has been dealt with and he is out of the way. But not today.

So very sorry to read Auntieflo’s news, thinking of Beauregard and her worries, and Marydoll so bravely dealing with her own poor health. January is always hard, and worse this year for obvious reasons. Stay as safe as you can, all!

Anniebach Tue 12-Jan-21 09:52:36

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Auntyflo sending you hugs and love x

Mapleleaf Tue 12-Jan-21 09:44:29

Google it, scentia. Apparently it's called a brushing scam, with the aim of unscrupulous sellers getting increased (false) positive reviews. The fact they've got your details is the concern.

Debsie Tue 12-Jan-21 09:43:53

Just to say to auntieflo that we'll be thinking of you today. One step at a time. Take care x

Mapleleaf Tue 12-Jan-21 09:36:13

Good morning all,

So sorry to read your news Auntieflo and do hope you get treatment soon. ?

Scentia check with Amazon regarding those parcels, as it could be a scam - I vaguely remember hearing something on one of those consumer programmes over Christmas but can't remember the details, unfortunately, so better to contact Amazon.

Hope all goes well for your DH today, Beauregard.
Sorry you are feeling low today, Marydoll. I hope you can manage an accompanied short walk around your cul de sac.

As Greyduster says, our weather looks brighter this morning, but still very cold.

Take care everyone.