Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Tue 12-Jan-21 06:13:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its raining outside this morning here in Brackley ,I am expecting my Parsley Box meals order today via DHL .
Yesterday , picked up prescriptions and noticed that Boots like many chemists have reduced the number of people allowed in the shop to 3.
Normally this time of year , if I had not booked to see a stage show already ,I would be browsing through the leaflet which I get from the local travel trip organiser selecting the breaks etc for the year .
Take Care,
Mick

baubles Tue 12-Jan-21 06:22:29

Good morning Mick, morning all from S Lanarkshire, it’s pitch black and I’ve no idea what the weather is doing.
I miss planning trips and going to live theatre and concerts too Mick, the planning is a huge part of the fun.

I’m feeling sleepy now having been awake for hours listening to himself snoring, he tells me that I too am a snorer but I don’t believe that for a minute.

Not much happening chez baubles today bar a little light housework and a fair bit of fannying about getting nothing done I dare say.

Good wishes to everyone for a peaceful day.

grandMattie Tue 12-Jan-21 06:24:57

Good morning from cold, wet E Kent.
Mick, what a shame you can no longer go to any shows. You normally go to quite a few. Hang on in there. Things will get better. We have to remember that! Enjoy your Parsley boxes and German 🍺 beer.
Our weekly trip to the supermarket today. So exciting... small things, eh?
DH is a champion bodger, he used to call a man in. Now he’s decided to do everything himself, which means either it’s put off for what seems years, or he makes a mess and I have to live with it. The latter at the moment. No amount of persuasion will make him listen to me. Actually I don’t think he ever hears me, to tell the truth. Window catches at the moment...l. Grrr 🤬
Hope everyone stays well, safe and cheerful today. X

Scentia Tue 12-Jan-21 06:25:45

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and feels milder.
Mick we will get back to some normality eventually and you will be back on your trips.
I had a call from DFiL care home to say that a resident has returned from hospital with a positive test😩 they will do all they can to keep others safe, I know they will.
In between Christmas and new year a lad round the corner ran into my car on my driveway, he was so adamant that I didn’t go to the insurance so I let him have a quote last week, he is now talking about a ‘Mate’ who he can get to fix it😂. I will send him a message today to tell him he has until Friday to pay up or I contact my insurance!!
I received two parcels from Amazon yesterday, they were addressed to me but I hadn’t ordered them, I don’t know what to do with them, I wish it was something I needed!!!

Take care everyone and stay safe today❤️

Ashcombe Tue 12-Jan-21 06:44:51

Good morning to you all from a windy Torbay!

Last night's sunset was rather spectacular so I followed the advice of Dr. Phil on “Countdown “ yesterday to find a daily delight!

Yes, Mick, in January many folk would usually begin planning trips to anticipate and help them through the Winter. Those days will come around again eventually and the vaccination progress is heartening news.

How annoying about your car, Scentia! Having experienced a rear end shunt in November, I do sympathise and I hope the young man is as good as his word.

A wet day expected here so no plans to go out but enough to occupy me indoors. Wishing everyone a lightness of spirit in these dark days.

grandMattie Tue 12-Jan-21 06:52:01

Lovely photos, Ash. Pleasure in small things....

Beechnut Tue 12-Jan-21 06:53:28

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. A damp start but it is warmer.

A homeworking day for me. I have no idea what delights to cook for my meals so I’ll have a rummage in the freezer and have a surprise.

Good news for the G emers who have negative results.

The wedding I had been invited to this month has been postponed for quite a while owing to the current situation. I am sad that it’s not happening for the couple. However, fingers crossed it does mean that we will all be able to go and our US family can join us.

Definitely a case for billy No Mates for your car Scentia.

Have the best day you can and stay safe 🌷

Beauregard Tue 12-Jan-21 06:57:44

Good morning all from Derbyshire where the rain should clear and the sun put in an appearance later.

My DH says that about me too Baubles. Obviously it's not true!! Hope you get your car sorted out soon Scentia. Insurance is probably the best way to go.

I'm up a little earlier today for some quiet time as DH has set his alarm for 7am so he can have his breakfast before 8am. He's going in for his operation today, which we hope will go ahead. He's very worried about it and the voice of calm and reason (me) is having no affect whatsoever. We'll see what today brings.

Have a good day and take care.

NanKate Tue 12-Jan-21 07:07:32

Morning Mick and All.

I think rain is on the way for South Bucks.

Thanks for the photo Ash it has lightened my mood.

Yes Mick I too miss live performances, especially when out doors. I wonder if we will all go mad partying when this is all over, like they did in the Roaring Twenties. I know I will appreciate the simple things in life such as having a picnic and a coffee in our favourite cafe, if it has survived.

Going for blood test this morning at the Marie Celeste formally known as the Doctors’ Surgery 😏

NanKate Tue 12-Jan-21 07:08:06

Formerly not formally. 😁

grandMattie Tue 12-Jan-21 07:10:45

Nice name for a doctor’s surgery, Kate. Mine, before it was subsumed into an inferior group, was called “The Butchery”. It gave me so much pleasure!

Gagagran Tue 12-Jan-21 07:14:40

Morning all from a milder south coast. 8.6c at 6am. Much more to my liking - hate being cold.

Highlight on today's agenda is doing my click and collect order for pick up on Friday. Just hope the car starts this time. DH is going to run it in situ, to charge the battery, as advised by the mechanic when it was flat last week.

I made some scones yesterday which was a problem as I ate three. A day of abstinence today as the price which must be paid for greed!

Hope your DH's operation goes ahead and is a success Beauregrad. My DH's was postponed the day before his scheduled date of 21 December. We are still waiting for a new date and not expecting it any time soon.

Keep safe everyone. Spring cannot be far away. sunshine

GrannyGravy13 Tue 12-Jan-21 07:19:04

Good morning Mick and all

Oh Mick I also miss the theatre and trips away, hopefully soon we shall be able to do those things. Dark and damp here in S E Essex.

Beauregard wishing your husband well for his operation.

Homeschooling the 5yr old and minding the 1 yr old again today, I am exhausted at the thought. I have to say that their school/teachers are absolutely brilliant this lockdown.

Sainsbury’s delivery later on.

Please keep safe and well folks 🙋‍♀️

Elizabeth1 Tue 12-Jan-21 07:31:32

Good morning everyone from a very dark and quiet east coast of Fife where I’m snuggling into a furry hot water bottle which hasn’t really got any hot water in it but the fur alone is so cosy. I’m getting a phone consultation this morning from my neurologist.He’ll be wanting to know the circumstances around my recent faint where I landed with a thump on to the bedroom floor after an early morning pit stop. Hey ho it happens. I saw and chatted to my grandson and son yesterday on FaceTime they both looked wonderful it was an online school day and everyone seemed to do just fine. Wonder what’s for tea tonight? Virtual hugs all around today keep safe.flowers

cornergran Tue 12-Jan-21 07:37:03

Morning Mick, morning All. Milder in our corner of Somerset with rain on the window. A tidying session is much needed here so first on today’s agenda then an equally needed walk. Our isolating-one remains symptom free, the rest of the family are well as are we. Not so bad here.

Hope your husband’s operation goes ahead successfully beauregard Insurance sounds the way to go scentia, hope your father in law remains covid free. Beautiful photos ashcombe. We’d also have been in planning mode mick, it’s missed here too.

Take care everyone.

Elizabeth1 Tue 12-Jan-21 07:38:11

Oh and my weekly script delivery came yesterday my dh called the delivery man back to give him his belated Christmas present of a bottle of plonk. The man said he had delivered around 40 scripts to people yesterday. I take my hat off to folk like him I’m unsure if he’s a volunteer or pd employee.

Auntieflo Tue 12-Jan-21 07:44:28

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all.
It is still very dark here, the bin men have been and DH is downstairs making a cup of tea.
The reason I am so early for me, is that I had bad news from the surgery yesterday.
My MRI scan has revealed metastases on my spine, hence the pain. I suppose it is from the breast cancer I had a couple of years ago . So I am a bit all over the place at the minute.

Apologies for burdening all you lovely Good Morningers, but I know I will get help and advice from you.

So, I really don't know what I will be doing today, except being so thankful for DH, my rock.
Have a good day one and all.

Sar53 Tue 12-Jan-21 07:45:10

Good morning from a still dark Essex by the sea. A tad warmer though and no frost .
What shall we do today ? Well I have a pile of ironing and some admin, DH has offered to go and pick up my new contact lenses that are waiting at the opticians. I think that is the extent of our excitement for today.
My girls were Whatsapping last night about when we might all be able to meet up. I last saw them in August, I'm not sure when they last saw each other. The consensus is maybe Easter or the 1st May BH. I'm looking forward to it whenever it may be 🤞.
I hope your DH's operation goes ahead Beauregard.
Have the best day you can and stay safe everyone xx

Sar53 Tue 12-Jan-21 07:47:31

I'm sorry to hear your news Auntieflo, 💐 and hugs for you xx

Beauregard Tue 12-Jan-21 07:53:35

flowers for Auntieflo

Viridian Tue 12-Jan-21 07:56:18

Oh Auntieflo, a big virtual hug from me.

Good morning from a misty, blowy south Cornwall. The wee beastie in my roofspace is also in my neighbour's and the rat-man is coming tomorrow so I feel happier today. A problem shared etc.

My 5 year old granddaughter made me laugh. Her dad drove her past a junkyard full of rusted railings etc and she said, 'Ooh look daddy, Nana would take all those home and make something from them.' Ha ha.

Today I'm working out how to make a scarecrow from drink cans, for the far off time when I can hack my way through the undergrowth to my allotment again. The best of days to you all.

Grandmabatty Tue 12-Jan-21 07:57:39

Good morning all. There's ice on the cars so must be frosty out. Babysitting duties today. Yesterday was challenging as dgs wouldn't nap. Auntieflo I'm sorry to hear your bad news. 💐 It'll be a quiet day for me. We might go to the swings if they're quiet. Apart from that,who knows? Lots of rumblings from BP at grangemouth last night so I had a disturbed night and no chance of a nap for me! Have a good day all.

Gingster Tue 12-Jan-21 08:01:33

A very dark good morning from here in Essex. Something woke me at 5.30 with a start. I have no idea what it was - perhaps just dreaming. Just got back off and the little pooch started barking. I think it must be that old fox again. 🦊

Groomers at 9 this morning (dog not me) . They have been allowed to stay open. Pop dog into fenced off area outside, take collar and lead away with you and pay by card. No inside interaction. Seems fine!

Lovely sunset pics Ashcombe .

Good luck for your DH’s op today Beauregard.

I too miss my theatre /cinema trips and days out with friends. Had 3 cancelled last year. 😤

My twin Gs’s had to go into school yesterday for an exam . They are in the first year of GCSE’s. I thought all exams were being cancelled 🤔.

I’m reading the book written by a Donald Trumps niece. All about how his upbringing resulted in the man we see today. No holds barred. She’s a brave lady. 😳

Wishing you all a peaceful, gentle day 🌷🌱

Ashcombe Tue 12-Jan-21 08:03:07

So sorry to hear your news, Auntieflo and I hope some news of possible treatment will be forthcoming. 💐🌷🌹🌸🌼🌻

brook2704 Tue 12-Jan-21 08:03:29

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s thick snow again after a heavy snowstorm yesterday afternoon. Luckily we’d been out for a walk in the morning so we sat cosy and watching the snow in front of the fire for the rest of the day
Sorry to hear about your news auntieflo and hoping all goes well today for your DH beauregard
Thinking of those with worries and struggles and hope everyone finds something to enjoy today
Take care whatever the day brings 💐