Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you know English geography?

(103 Posts)
vampirequeen Tue 12-Jan-21 16:30:41

voxpoliticalonline.com/2021/01/11/bbc-geography-fail-puts-bristol-and-birmingham-in-wales-and-if-you-think-thats-bad/

Apparently someone at the BBC has problems grin

nanna8 Fri 15-Jan-21 05:46:38

I think I have learned more UK geography since I stopped living there in the early 1970s because we research our British holidays and where to stay and go! When I lived in London we didn't really travel that much, we thought a day out was Brighton and that was about it!

CanadianGran Fri 15-Jan-21 07:27:23

Sarnia, thank you for that company. Puzzles are a great way to learn geography. I loved that subject and am interested maps and physical geography.

My mother spent all her life (after immigrating) that she was not English, she was from Jersey in the Channel Islands, and explaining to people where they were.

I must admit to failing miserably locating African countries. I should make that my goal in the next few months to brush up on this.

Quite a few of you will be happy to know I 'google' your locations and cities mentioned to see whereabouts you are. My knowledge of UK is not horrible, but I guess it is all relative.