Gransnet forums

Chat

Viewing Heaven

(35 Posts)
hollysteers Thu 14-Jan-21 13:14:40

What is your telly set up?
Mine is a recliner with a cover with pockets for controls etc.
Pretty art nouveau sidelight, books, magazines, writing materials. My favourite spot at the moment. Facing bookshelves.
Do you have a view?

TrendyNannie6 Fri 15-Jan-21 18:14:46

When I read the post title I thought I was going to read about near death experience! So basically it involves chairs sofas, right I sit back on my recliner sofa, opposite a lovely glowing fire, with my iPad and phone on my coffee table with remote controls big tv,

varian Fri 15-Jan-21 18:06:43

Or you could just stay in bed, as long as you have your ipad, mobile phone, huge tv, waiter service bringing whatever you want to eat or drink at any time of day of night.

Hetty58 Fri 15-Jan-21 18:06:03

My mother was advised (by her doctor) to only use her recliner for 20 minutes - then move/walk around. (She took no notice, of course.)

BlueSky Fri 15-Jan-21 17:56:58

nanna8

Guess if you can’t have comfort at our age you’re never going to ?

Agree Nanna! Similar set up to yours! We’ve finally treated ourselves to two Stressless recliners, we used the money we usually spend on holidays, should have done it years ago but always thought the price was rather extravagant! We are facing the TV, with mini IPads and IPhones plus headphones, books and magazines at the ready!

LauraNorder Fri 15-Jan-21 17:33:41

sodapop I could drink Baileys by the tumbler so it’s a Christmas only treat for me.
Might have a gin with my nibbles but more often a coffee or herbal tea.

sodapop Fri 15-Jan-21 17:19:28

Same here LauraNorder large glass of Bailey's at the moment in lieu of nibbles.

Lucca you are an inspiration ?

LauraNorder Fri 15-Jan-21 15:59:41

Lucca you had me right up to the ironing line then it all fell apart, especially ties.
My spot is one side of the sofa with feet on the other, remote control on the arm and a dish of nibbles on the side table.

Alexa Fri 15-Jan-21 14:34:54

My dinigroom window looks on the crabapple tree now adorned with lots of hard orange knobs liked by blackbirds and woodpigeons.

Grannybags Fri 15-Jan-21 14:28:10

Lucca

No I don’t approve of this slouching. On the rare occasions that I watch television I like to be either on my exercise bike at the same time or getting some extra ironing done ( pants socks ties backpacks dishcloths) I only watch documentaries about something interesting like steam engines.etc and actually I’d much rather be brushing up on grouting techniques or irregular Greek verbs.

??

nanna8 Fri 15-Jan-21 12:21:56

Guess if you can’t have comfort at our age you’re never going to ?

nanna8 Fri 15-Jan-21 12:20:42

Recliner, massive tv, iPad, knitting or sewing . Two coffee tables one with an Apple Mac on it that my husband uses mostly. In a corner, floor to ceiling windows and a sliding door out to the garden. In Winter we have a fire with ? logs

Megs36 Thu 14-Jan-21 23:48:22

I am sooo lazy, deep recliner, only iron bare minimum, have TV on all evening, eclectic viewing, haven’t dusted for weeks, use ready meals. Am I destined for the other place?

Chestnut Thu 14-Jan-21 23:44:54

I thought this was going to be about what you imagined heaven would be like when you died, not your living room setup. I would be sitting in a very green, grassy Welsh hillside, having a wonderful picnic, with wild flowers everywhere and lambs playing nearby. All my ancestors would be there and we would chat about what life was like for them and I could have all my questions answered (I have many). ?

GillT57 Thu 14-Jan-21 23:27:07

Lucca, just like me you only watch documentaries, never have the TV on during the day and cook every meal from scratch. wink

Kim19 Thu 14-Jan-21 23:11:26

Nice one, Lucca. Kinda sussed you but glad you confirmed?.

ninathenana Thu 14-Jan-21 16:44:41

"My" chair is next to the patio doors with a view of the garden. Coffee table infront of mine and Dh"s chair with tissues, note pad and pen plus our phones.
TV is directly in front of us.
Lucca ?

merlotgran Thu 14-Jan-21 16:21:14

Two seater sofa which I share with the dog.

Daddima Thu 14-Jan-21 16:16:53

Lucca

Kidding.

What a shame. I thought I’d found a kindred spirit.

( Kidding also!)

tinaf1 Thu 14-Jan-21 16:09:22

Thank God for your second post Lucca was just about to go and don a hair shirt ?

Urmstongran Thu 14-Jan-21 16:01:22

And I thought it was going to be about viewing houses in Covid times!

BlueBelle Thu 14-Jan-21 15:42:35

I sit on the floor always have (except if I have visitors) back against my recliner right side by the gas fire (may have been a cat in another life) Reading it now sounds strange but you do what you ve always done I guess

Jaxjacky Thu 14-Jan-21 15:35:09

Lucca ??

Lucca Thu 14-Jan-21 14:46:50

Sorry ?

Auntieflo Thu 14-Jan-21 14:34:27

Lucca, I was just about to send an ancient packet of Greek filler, with sat nav instructions, as to how to access my house, by steam engine, so that my loo tiles could be re-grouted. I have plenty of ironed dish cloths to wipe the grout.

Then I saw your second post. Oh dear. Big disappointment.

EllanVannin Thu 14-Jan-21 14:33:04

And I was expecting spectacular scenes. Ever been had grin