Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(66 Posts)
12Michael Sun 17-Jan-21 06:20:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but looks cold and dry here in Brackley this morning, I did have a Chinese Take Away last night , first one for a few weeks.
Today, small shop , as I need potatoes whether Jacket style or just normal small size will steam with Brussel sprouts I have of the frozen bag type with a steak pie in the oven .
Otherwise a quiet day watching TV , trying to avoid the ongoing repeated programmes .
I did get an email from the organiser of the coach trips , I do he is aware that many who use him , have had the vaccination , but would not consider running any trips with restrictions on coach numbers and face masks and hopes for some form of normality when ?
Take Care,
Mick

Jaxjacky Sun 17-Jan-21 08:17:17

Good Morning all from a dry S Hants, should remain so all day so I’ll be out to stretch my legs later. Need to get a wash on and sort out my new kitchen floor mop thingy. Football to watch this afternoon while a piece of brisket simmers away in the slow cooker.
Have a pleasant day all.

Grandmafrench Sun 17-Jan-21 08:25:49

Gingster little children...they can break your heart sometimes.?

Good Morning everyone from a calm, peaceful S of France.
Seem to have a lot to do today, but as sure as God made little green apples, I won’t be doing it! I shall save a bustly, busy, do everything day until tomorrow. It’s Sunday and that’s a good enough excuse for me.

Might go back to the beach for a stroll and a gaze out to sea. Lots of snow to be seen on the tops of the mountains on the Spanish border. So miss getting into the car and setting off somewhere....anywhere, but must be patient.

Do hope your DSiL has ‘just a bug’, Gagagran and all your worries come to nothing. Hope you are more able to sort out your new meds, dragonfly. Hateful to have to change from something that suits to something that really doesn’t! Wishing hard that your friend starts to recover soon.

All with worries, concerns, problems, pain - or just feeling down in the dumps. Feel better and stronger very soon, please. I’m off to caramelise some onions. Our stash is seriously depleted. Then I can set to and make an onion tart.

From the look of my mirror, I must contact my hairdresser tomorrow. No need to risk frightening the locals on one of my very rare public appearances!

Stay safe dear GM’ers. Be good to yourselves and perhaps others will be good to you too. ?

?‍♀️???????

Nannatwiglet Sun 17-Jan-21 08:25:52

Good morning from West Yorkshire...we still have snow and ice outside. It’s been treacherous underfoot to go out since Thursday. Local roads are never gritted here....but it’s all slowly melting...
Need to “escape” our four walls tomorrow for a medical appt!

Have a good day everyone! Sunshine is forecast...!

brook2704 Sun 17-Jan-21 08:26:31

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s just getting light and a mixed day of showers and dry spells is forecast.
Yesterday I enjoyed a surprise meet up with DD2 and DGC, we spent an hour or so walking by the river in town, it was lovely to see them all but we all got quite muddy, wet and windswept - hopefully we’ll see some slightly better weather soon ..
No plans for today, just the usual local walk somewhere, but hopefully a FaceTime call with DS later as we usually chat on a Sunday.
Hope your SiL doesn’t get too poorly gagagran also hoping your friend quickly recovers dragonfly
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?

cornergran Sun 17-Jan-21 08:28:29

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. The weather app tells me the sun is shining hmm. Gammon to sort for our meal, some ironing, a chat with family, a short walk later and the day will be gone. I understand that worry gagagran, our isolating one has fortunately had no symptoms but a similar underlying worry here as he lives alone. Hope your son will be OK, also your young friend dragonfly. Good wishes to Autieflo and all with health or other worries. Take care everyone.

Beauregard Sun 17-Jan-21 08:28:31

Good morning from a dry and bright Derbyshire. It's the first morning since the shortest day last month where it's been noticeably lighter before 8 am.

Another quiet day here. I've started sorting out the spare room, so will do a bit more of that this morning. Sunday lunch is being delivered by a local pub, it will be nice not to have to cook.

I'll have a walk out later to tend to the girls ?. I might extend it a bit to increase my exercise. DH loves walking but can't at the moment which is making a big difference to me too as I'm tending to stay in with him more - I feel a bit guilty going out walking without him!

Hope your DSiL is ok and tests negative Gagagran Sorry to hear about your friend dragonfly.
AuntieFlo flowers

Hope Sunday is a good day for all.

Lins1066 Sun 17-Jan-21 08:29:04

Good Morning Mick and all from a cloudy but dry S Welsh coast.
Sorry to hear about your young friend dragonfly I hope that he\she will make a full recovery. My best wishes to you too.
It must be hard for you being apart from your husband Ash but you always remain cheerful.
The local hospital is short of pyjamas, nighties etc for their covid patients, so I left a bag of nighties and a dressing gown that still had that still had the label on outside a house collection point yesterday afternoon.
I listened to a serialization of Obama's book on radio 4 recently * Nortsat* and enjoyed it.

Lamb tagine with couscous for us later.
Hope that you all have a pleasant day and stay safe

Sparklefizz Sun 17-Jan-21 08:55:37

Good morning Mick and all GNs from a bright South Glos. Looks like the sun's coming out. Hooray!

Sorry to hear about your friend dragonfly, and also hope that you are doing ok.

Had a lovely family Zoom yesterday with my oldest granddaughter (currently teaching in Qatar) also joining in.

Off to put the washing on. What an exciting life! smile

Thoughts to all who are poorly or struggling. Hope everyone has a good day. x

Anniebach Sun 17-Jan-21 08:58:29

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Viridian Sun 17-Jan-21 08:59:59

Had three goes and keep losing my messages! So today, just hello from a mild south Cornwall, and keep well!

Gelisajams Sun 17-Jan-21 09:02:44

Good morning from a wet Morecambe Bay. Nothing new there! Zoom church shortly then some exercise. Maybe a walk if it dries up a bit. Thinking of Ashcombe with no end in sight to meet up with her DH. So frustrating.
Take care everyone, stay safe everyone ?

Alygran Sun 17-Jan-21 09:05:38

Good morning from North Yorkshire. There is a clear blue sky and the sun popped over the horizon further to the east than last time I watched it. Spring is coming!
I have a bit of ironing to do and will go out for some fresh air. The pavements are still icy but I haven’t been out for a walk since Thursday.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

GrannySomerset Sun 17-Jan-21 09:13:34

Sunny and not quite so cold so I think we must manage a little walk as DH hasn’t been out since going for his jab last Wednesday. Otherwise a “more of the same” day, roast lamb later and the Sunday paper. DH will enjoy the snooker, I will find something to do elsewhere in the house. Stay safe!

NannyJan53 Sun 17-Jan-21 09:15:36

Good morning from a bright Black Country. Up later than usual as it hardly seems worth getting up earlier these days, I wake up feeling so gloomy, but feel much better when up doing things.

We had a long 2 hour walk yesterday afternoon, then my daily video call with Mum. My DD buying the FB portal for her last April has been a lifeline for her. She keeps saying ' I didn't know such things existed'!

DD sent photo's yesterday of them on a walk with the caption 'it is all we do now'. At least they live in a village with lots of country walks nearby.

MrJan is off for a cycle ride today, so I may pootle over to have a walk with Mum, as being her bubble we are her only visitors.

Roast chicken tonight, with the last of the Christmas stuffing from the freezer.

I hope it won't be too long until you can be with your DH again Ashcombe

So sorry to hear about your young friend Dragonfly I hope it is mild and she will recover quickly. Hoping too your DsiL will test negative Gaga

Welcome Nanatwiglet

Wishing you all a good day with special thoughts of our gilly we are all still thinking of you if you are reading x

Susan56 Sun 17-Jan-21 09:17:15

Good morning from a dry and bright Shropshire.

Like Grandmafrench we have decided to leave all jobs that need doing until tomorrow.Planning to watch the Pembrokeshire murders after lunch.

Hope you’re ok Cherry?

Thinking of all with illness and worries about friends and family members.

Have a good day all.

Grammaretto Sun 17-Jan-21 09:18:30

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. We still have snow lying but birds are busy so Spring can't be too far away.
I am beginning to be quite lonely now, rattling around in this house on my own and not able to see anyone. I go out with a friend for a walk each day but we are busy keeping upright or watching our footing on the ice. I dream of the day when we can have a nice cup of tea indoors, in the warm!

I have Zoom church this morning and a Zoom catch up Gaelic class this evening.

DD's first week of home schooling her 5yr old (and 3 yr old) was awful apparently.
I am glad that your DS has enlisted your help Marydoll

Dreaming of holidays is a lovely thing to do. I think my next one will be 2022 . I still haven't retrieved our fares from Ryanair from last Summer's non-event.

That is very sad about your young friend Dragonfly I hope it is symptomless.

Try to have the best day you can especially those with worries. gagagran

harrigran Sun 17-Jan-21 09:20:17

Good morning from a bright, dry NE.
Had vaccination last night at .7.30, I have never felt so vulnerable, the place was heaving.
I just got home when DS did a video call, he was checking to see we were okay after our outing.
Got to see our lovely GDs on screen, they have grown up so much over this last year.
A day with the newspaper and crossword beckons.
Stay safe.

baubles Sun 17-Jan-21 09:20:48

Good morning Mick, morning all from S Lanarkshire where there’s not a drop of snow left and the sky is streaked with beautiful shades of pink.

I hope your DSiL tests negative Gagagran and best wishes to your friend dragonfly.

I had a lovely long FaceTime call yesterday morning with my DD, she propped her iPad up in various places as she tidied around her house. The children came in and out of view at various times, squabbling about doing their chores or asking questions. It was lovely, as if I was sitting in her kitchen chatting as she got on with things. Much later, yesterday evening the eldest DGD FaceTimed me before she went to bed to blether about nonsense and to show me the Polaroid camera she had been given at Christmas. She took photos of us both on her screen and was able to show me the results as they developed. A very happy Grandma I was.

DH is out with the pooch and then will go for the papers, make a pot of coffee and ensconce himself in the armchair. I’ll potter about until I give myself permission to sit down with my book, a throwback to my mother who had to have all the housework done before she’d sit down.

Wishing you all the best of days and thinking of everyone in pain or sadness. thanks

Grandmabatty Sun 17-Jan-21 09:31:54

Good morning all from Polmont. It looks dry at the moment but low clouds have drifted in and it's only 1 degree so a tad nippy. I'm hoping your sil just has a cold Gagagran as I'm sure you are too. And wishing your friend lots of healing thoughts Dragonfly. Not much happening here. I decided not to go to Aldi yesterday and have a Tesco delivery coming today instead. I nipped up to dd and sil served me a bacon roll. Da WhatsApped me at night with a photo of his Greek dinner, the swine! I love Greek food. Today I shall be pottering gently. I have a dusting to do and a hoovering to go. It's like a song! I've taken lentil soup out of the freezer for lunch and Tesco are bringing me a roast beef dinner. I never buy ready meals but decided that I would have a treat of not cooking. I'm a bit down in the dumps as there are a number of unhappy things going on. Son in law has lost his job because of covid, his father has to have a very serious operation this week and there's been a relationship breakdown in the family too. I know that I can't alter any of that but I'm sad anyway. Heigho, January is notorious for feeling low. grandmafrench I would love a walk on the beach and a caramelised onion tart! Both sound delicious. Take care all.

Mapleleaf Sun 17-Jan-21 09:37:46

Good morning all,

So lovely to see some sunshine this morning and all the snow just about gone. It was treacherous underfoot yesterday as the snow had frozen over, and footpaths or side roads don't get gritted at all here - just what hospitals don't need right now is lots of people being admitted with broken limbs!

I had my flu jab yesterday. The first one ever, and must say I was very impressed with the organisation at the surgery.

So sorry to read about your young friend, Dragonfly and pray he has the strength to fight it.

A worry for you, too, about your DSiL, Gagagran and hope that the tests come back negative. Poor man must be absolutely exhausted.

Yes, it's nice to think about holidays, isn't it? We have one booked for much later in the year, which we carried over from last year, but of course it all depends upon where we are with Covid by then. Fingers crossed that it will be ok, but only time will tell.

Take care everyone.

BlueSapphire Sun 17-Jan-21 09:43:14

Hello and good morning from a brighter and sunny ? Northampton. I can actually see blue sky for a change!

More of the usual today; read the weekend papers, do the puzzle pages, catch up on tv programmes. Have got some sausages in the oven for a late brunch, and a pork chop is thawing for dinner tonight.

Managed to get quite a lot of knitting done yesterday, and look forward to settling down with it again this afternoon. Have already started searching for another project, and found a nice chunky cardigan pattern, but the required wool is all out of stock.

Will go back now and read everyone's posts, and may pop back in later. Take care and stay safe everyone.

Kalu Sun 17-Jan-21 09:45:46

Good morning all from a milder Glasgow and no sign of snow remains.

Must be a day to potter about in the garden for a while at least. Just to be outdoors makes a huge difference. Presents to wrap as it is DH’s birthday tomorrow, also a rummage about in my craft stash to design his card, no popping out to the shops to buy one.

Another FaceTime with GDs last night keeping me up to date with their latest news. I’m lucky if I get a word in so I mostly sit back and listen as both girls talk non stop. ?

Have a pleasant day all.

hulahoop Sun 17-Jan-21 10:05:12

Good morning from a much brighter west/Yorks snow more or less gone so a walk on the books later . ?To all having a worrying time .

Urmstongran Sun 17-Jan-21 10:07:14

Good morning everyone from a lovely sunny South Manchester. Forecast is sunny tomorrow too so will walk with my friend again and Tuesday & Wednesday show heavy rain again.

My stepfather is coming for lunch , roast chicken, Himself is peeling the veg and I’d better go and make the stuffing after this cuppa. He had his jab yesterday! Should have swapped the days over, couldn’t see the grandchildren in the park yesterday as the rain was torrential here most of the day. In future I will do ‘Sunday dinner’ on a Saturday and then (like today) we could ensure seeing the grandchildren once a week. Such a shame I didn’t put my thinking cap on.

Well, this Pollyanna has booked 10 days in Ibiza for June. One lives in hope. We can always cancel if need but it feels wonderful to have a holiday to look forward to!

Ashcombe will be playing her piano as I tap this out in my pj’s still. Best get a wriggle on ...
#lazygran

Football matches (yes pleural) for Himself later so he’s a happy bunny.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. Trying times for you dragonfly I hope you feel better soon. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Urmstongran Sun 17-Jan-21 10:07:59

* stepfather had jab - not Himself.
?