Gransnet forums

Chat

Shower Gel

(89 Posts)
MawBe Mon 18-Jan-21 11:44:11

We really should have a category headed “Trivia” but “Chat “ will have to do.
Shower gels- what do you use and why ? (Don’t say washing!)
I have three or four on the go at any one time and for me it depends on my mood
If I am feeling ‘fragile” and in need of pampering, I use L’Occitane Rose Shower Oil, because it is so moisturising, on “normal” days, their Rose Calisson or maybe Molton Brown Geranium Nefertum but today, feeling a bit snuffly I went for one of my all time favourites, Molton Brown Eucalyptus to “clear the tubes”
I have also come to the conclusion that cheap body wash is a false economy as it too often frequently has the consistency of washing up liquid and lasts no time at all, unlike e.g.Molton Brown which being thicker lasts for ages - as does the fragrance smile

Beechnut Tue 19-Jan-21 07:22:32

Armynanny

Bath and Body Works are my favourite. They aren’t cheap but last for ages and they have an amazing choice of fragrances. Just wish we had their stores over here.

So do I Armynanny. I love the names they choose for their products too. ?

CanadianGran Tue 19-Jan-21 03:37:53

Another L'Occitane fan here. For those that think 'fancy soap is too expensive', these bars last much longer than your typical bar soap. The verbena is my favourite, so refreshing.

It is not available in my town, so I pick up a few bars when I am travelling, or I can order on line. My daughter knows I like it, and has a store near her, so I will receive it as a well loved gift sometimes.

Not a fan of shower gel, and tend to use it as bath bubbles if I do receive some as a gift.

MiniMoon Tue 19-Jan-21 00:18:12

DH bought me some L'Occitane shower oil for Christmas. It is lovely.
I usually use a shampoo bar that you can use on hair and body. I buy them from the Funky Soap Company.

Auntieflo Tue 19-Jan-21 00:00:39

This morning I used a shampoo for children.
'Mango', it smells lovely and washed me all over as well. ?

Squiffy Mon 18-Jan-21 23:32:57

Bar soap for us. Organii or Dr Bronner. Not the cheapest, but they last for ages and the scent lasts right to the end!

SueDonim Mon 18-Jan-21 23:14:29

That’s £30 spent, Mogsmaw. I’ve got a birthday present for someone, as well. smile

annodomini Mon 18-Jan-21 23:13:18

vegan/vegan vegan/organic

annodomini Mon 18-Jan-21 23:11:52

I searched for vegan/vegan toiletries on you-know-who to give as stocking fillers and found lots of soaps which members of my family were delighted to receive. I try not to buy anything that has been tested on animals.

Callistemon Mon 18-Jan-21 22:21:01

How are your drains?

Hetty58 Mon 18-Jan-21 22:05:02

Bicarbonate of soda and/or ground oatmeal (allergic to soap, perfumes and detergent) along with ionised water.

Esspee Mon 18-Jan-21 21:51:04

Dove soap for me, especially as I only use the shower to rinse off after my bath.
Nivea do a lovely moisturising cream designed for after shower use. Great if your skin is dry.

Mogsmaw Mon 18-Jan-21 21:03:41

Chateau du savon, no plastic waste, even in the postal boxes. The soaps for dry skin on your face are brilliant for your body.

LadyGracie Mon 18-Jan-21 20:57:18

Sanex, Imperial Leather, Radox, Nivea and Dove. Dove is definitely my favourite it makes your skin feel
moisturised.

JackyB Mon 18-Jan-21 20:46:49

I am trying to get rid of plastic bottles in the bathroom and am using up all the bars of soap. I'm only in there for a couple of .minutes so I'm not really bothered. Would welcome recommendations for when it runs out, though.

Desdemona Mon 18-Jan-21 20:18:57

I veer between soap and shower gel. Usually cheap, sometimes a little more expensive. At the moment I am using a calendula soap from a company called StableHouse.

Nightsky2 Mon 18-Jan-21 20:02:31

FannyCornforth

Nightsky2

Xanax and soap just fine for me.

Me too, love benzos and a good soak, but I think that you may mean Sanex (apologies if otherwise smile)

How very observant of you. Don’t need the benzos but I do enjoy a good soak in Sanex and enjoying a very nice Strawberry smelling soap. Can’t remember when I bought it but still smells very nice. ??.

Mollygo Mon 18-Jan-21 19:40:28

I love Lush shower jelly and also when in France I bought some of these crèpes. They are small, smell lovely, leave your skin feeling good and no plastic. I just wish I’d bought more.

FannyCornforth Mon 18-Jan-21 19:08:57

Nightsky2

Xanax and soap just fine for me.

Me too, love benzos and a good soak, but I think that you may mean Sanex (apologies if otherwise smile)

Chewbacca Mon 18-Jan-21 19:07:44

Either L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil or Lavender or, if I'm feeling flush Neal's Yard Geranium & Orange. I do quite like Badidas too.

BlueSky Mon 18-Jan-21 19:06:21

Lovely ‘trivia’ thread Maw enjoyable and lighthearted. Some inspiration to try new stuff too!

Armynanny Mon 18-Jan-21 18:58:05

Bath and Body Works are my favourite. They aren’t cheap but last for ages and they have an amazing choice of fragrances. Just wish we had their stores over here.

Jane10 Mon 18-Jan-21 17:08:17

Another Occitane fan here. I love their Verveine shower gel. I've decided life's too short for cheap products so I have their Rose hand cream too. Also have Kew Gardens reed diffusers for lovely smells round the house. I hadn't realised how important delicious scents are to me.
I'm appreciating these things these days.

CocoPops Mon 18-Jan-21 17:07:44

Bar soap for me and I recently started using a bar shampoo from Lush in order to reduce plastic.

Georgesgran Mon 18-Jan-21 17:01:16

It’s L’occitane almond shower oil for me - applied with one of those body mop things. Love the smell and quite moisturizing too. OH prefers a bar of tea tree oil soap.

Nortsat Mon 18-Jan-21 16:55:53

Molton Brown, I buy it regularly and my family and friends buy it for me too. For Christmas my partner bought me a box with 12 small bottles of MB shower gel. So I am working my way through that. They are all different fragrances, so I try ones I wouldn’t normally buy.

I use their hand wash and hand lotion in both bathrooms/loos. Cypress and Sea Fennel is my current favourite. They last a very long time, so work out as good value for money.