Gransnet forums

Chat

Best bargains in on-line sales

(97 Posts)
trisher Tue 19-Jan-21 11:50:01

I just thought it woule be good to post any on-line bargains we have found so others can take advantage of the great offers out there. So post a link it would help if you could add info about sizes as well.
So there's this shirt on Jigsaw for £29 in all sizes up to 18
www.jigsaw-online.com/product/block-stripe-boxy-shirt/J42086_BL106

FranA Wed 20-Jan-21 09:46:02

Some lovely clothes but the 3 things I looked at only had the smallest sizes left. I love looking at the brochures they put out but have never bought anything from them yet.

Horatia Wed 20-Jan-21 10:00:59

I've got 4 or 5 pairs of beautiful brand new trousers hanging in the wardrobe unused I've been meaning to lose a few pounds to fit into again (for a few years now) and actually gained weight. If anyone knows of any cheapish wool/wool blend trews in the sales size 14 I could wear in the meantime please let me know. Is it just me or do others find they become so fond of certain items of clothing and shoes it's a wrench to part with them?

LuckyFour Wed 20-Jan-21 10:01:19

Lots of nice dresses for half price on Whites Stuff website.

Dearknees1 Wed 20-Jan-21 10:01:44

In the past year I've bought some lovely tops (yet to be worn!) from Desigual. No problem with returns and refunds until the most recent one which I tried to send post Brexit. As they go back to Barcelona it was unclear whether UPS would accept it without a commercial invoice. In the end they did but I'm still waiting for a refund. Not the biggest problem thrown up by Brexit but annoying none the less.

Barrygirl Wed 20-Jan-21 10:06:02

At the beginning of lockdown I did a huge clothes sort and was shocked at the number of clothes I had so I swore that if I bought any new items over the next year (March to March) I would donate the same amount to charity! Well, I have donated much more to charity than I have spent on clothes. Since March I have bought one "hoodie" from a sight raising money for the Arts and six pairs of socks - destined for a Christmas present but snaffled by me. I am so happy that I have lost the habit - not that I was an avid clothes buyer before. grin

curlz Wed 20-Jan-21 10:11:32

Brandalley have some really good reductions if you trawl through ?

Nannapat1 Wed 20-Jan-21 10:26:07

Thank you Trisher for the tip. The shirt wasn't for me but I just ordered two other items from the sale, excellent reductions.
Joules sales are good but invariably the size I want is out of stock?

Alioop Wed 20-Jan-21 10:28:59

Saw a lovely coat, thought about it for days and decided to treat myself. Went online to order it and the company have currently stopped delivering to N.Ireland. Bloomin Brexit!!

trisher Wed 20-Jan-21 10:31:57

Alioop I heard this was happening and wondered about it. You must be really fed up. It's really unacceptable!

bridie54 Wed 20-Jan-21 10:32:28

Well, I loved the heads up for the Hotter sale and just ordered myself a pair of tan ankle boots. DH doesn't know it yet but he bought them for my birthday. Now to see if I can find a tan shoulder bag. Like many other GNERS I like the shirt but it wouldn't like me.

trisher Wed 20-Jan-21 10:41:17

Hope I'm not encouraging "febrile consumerism" but this is a good time for bargains and you can claim to be helping support the economy! grin

granfromafar Wed 20-Jan-21 10:50:36

Trisher - hope no one is suffering from a fever!
Boot.com have got good reductions on soap and hand-gel at the moment. You can tie it in with a £5 voucher in Saturday's Mail too.

Boolya Wed 20-Jan-21 11:00:09

Having unearthed linen (laying out?) sheets from my grandparents, I put them on my bed - not a very good fit, but so lovely as I find cotton too cold and flannelette too warm. I have treated myself to a pair of French linen sheets from Soak & Sleep; not cheap even in their sale (final week now) but bliss.

pamdixon Wed 20-Jan-21 11:54:52

wow-loved that shirt! I wonder if I'd be brave enough to wear it................tempting I have to admit!

Catlover123 Wed 20-Jan-21 12:06:12

I couldn't buy that shirt because if I went to the supermarket they would scan me! I love Hotter shoes but all sold out in my size :-(

Arsenal67 Wed 20-Jan-21 12:35:41

I ordered dresses from Joules sale. They turned up, it was all flimsy, cheap creased fabric. Very disappointed.

Did get some nice Rally trainers from Fit Flop though.

petra Wed 20-Jan-21 12:42:24

Lovely shirt trisha I would have been sorely tempted but I have 2 very similar.
I haven't bought much in the past year but I can't resist jackets and coats. This is my latest.

www.beautifulhalo.com/womens-simple-yellow-plain-single-button-long-sleeve-outerwear-wool-coat-with-pocket-p-392274.html?curSize=S&showColor=Yellow¤cy1=GBP&track=PA_G_SGB227&gclid=CjwKCAiAxp-ABhALEiwAXm6IybVpnsRcmgks_2WI2IY3AJrPEIxDLBBvQwz9Y7Ywy41hT3p4uDpg4RoC5YsQAvD_BwE

Elvis58 Wed 20-Jan-21 12:45:32

My friend said internet shopping is fraught with disappointment! I like to see, feel and try on.
So no shopping at the moment till the shops reopen.

Ro60 Wed 20-Jan-21 13:14:03

House of Fraser on-line have men's brand name polo shirts £4

Karen Millen some good sales too

trisher Wed 20-Jan-21 13:45:33

petra that's a lovely coat and so reasonable! The ones I have hanging in my wardrobe aren't getting worn much just now, I seem to wear the same old one whenever I go out for a walk.

123kitty Wed 20-Jan-21 13:45:41

Trisher, good post - maybe febrile consumerism was posted (by someone who hasn't found anything online) to make those of us who have bought lovely bargains feel a little guilty ?

trisher Wed 20-Jan-21 13:47:29

Elvis58

My friend said internet shopping is fraught with disappointment! I like to see, feel and try on.
So no shopping at the moment till the shops reopen.

You just buy, get delivered, see, feel, try on as much as you like and send back (if you don't like it!)

janeainsworth Wed 20-Jan-21 13:53:12

I bought this coat (at the reduced price) from M&S a few weeks ago, really pleased with it.
www.marksandspencer.com/soft-touch-double-breasted-city-overcoat/p/clp60372889?extid=ps_ps-bpla_ggl_ww_ch__-_UK_-_-_grow&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiAxp-ABhALEiwAXm6IycYDKJaSU7FPYstftwSTQprxbhElzyjMhEmcWWFvzXxLLZnqp2d_DhoCcbUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

cookiemonster66 Wed 20-Jan-21 14:17:10

I just bought a magic sculpt swim dress from simply b for £9 am so chuffed as I have seen them for sale up to £100, have always wanted one but could not justify the cost as mine do not last long, couple of months as I try and swim a few times per week (when NOT in lockdown) I suppose they are not selling enough swimwear due to no holidays or pools open, am mega chuffed with my bargain cannot wait to wear it! Really missing swimming!

Lisagran Wed 20-Jan-21 14:51:35

Bought this dress recently from Lily and me (https://www.lilyandmeclothing.com/). Looking forward to wearing it somewhere one day! They’re a fairly cheap and cheerful site - not classic clothes at all - jolly, everyday stuff for holidays, mooching in shops and markets (remember that?!), etc. Sale on at the moment.