Gransnet forums

Chat

Chris Packham and winter watch

(60 Posts)
Elizabeth1 Tue 19-Jan-21 21:02:16

Who’s watching winter watch tonight? I personally think it’s fascinating and will get more interesting as the weather changes, it’ll help me through the winter months. I’ll be observing the wildlife in my garden from now on.

Chardy Wed 20-Jan-21 22:26:24

Used to love Really Wild Show when my kids were little. Chris Packham was so different from the rather stodgy people who trod that path before. I follow him on social media, and I think he talks a lot of sense.

Littleannie Wed 20-Jan-21 22:13:52

I have never liked Chris Packham since I saw a programme of his a few years ago. He said butterflies were attracted to dog poo. He then proceeded to pick up some dog poo with his bare hands. Ugh!

Galaxy Wed 20-Jan-21 21:57:14

That made me smile Maybee.

MayBee70 Wed 20-Jan-21 21:49:04

Love winter watch. I find Chris a bit extreme in some of his views but I still respect him for having them I know they used to try to get song titles into the dialogue on one of his shows: not sure if he still does it. Must be so difficult for him to present shows with his autism. Mind you, we met him years ago when he gave a talk at a local school but had no idea he was autistic back then. His enthusiasm is infectious. He showed us part of his lifelong collection of owl pellets.

MissAdventure Wed 20-Jan-21 21:35:10

I've always quite fancied Chris Packham. smile

Millie22 Wed 20-Jan-21 21:31:15

I love Spring/Autumn/Winterwatch. They are all excellent and Chris Packham is a great presenter imo. I miss Martin who used to be a presenter and also find Michaela far too silly sometimes. Chris's stepdaughter is much better.

Shinamae Wed 20-Jan-21 21:24:43

Urmstongran

Cedric is so cute Shinamae!

He is, thank you ???????

Urmstongran Wed 20-Jan-21 21:16:53

Cedric is so cute Shinamae!

NanKate Wed 20-Jan-21 20:56:27

Chris Packham and his step-daughter Megan make a great pair on Winterwatch. They really cheered me up. ?????

Deedaa Wed 20-Jan-21 20:41:29

Sarnia I started reading Fingers In The Sparklejar" but then I realised I'd have to read about his kestrel and I haven't felt up up to tackling that yet.

etheltbags1 Wed 20-Jan-21 18:56:28

I love Chris Peckham. Love winterwatch

Bellanonna Wed 20-Jan-21 18:43:03

I love Winterwatch. I have no problem whatsoever with Chris Packham. Thank goodness for programmes like this.

MrsJamJam Wed 20-Jan-21 18:33:28

I can happily accept Chris Peckham, the one I find irritating is Michaela - all that giggling. I wish the BBC didn't want all the women to seem slightly ditsy and pretend they don't know much.

SuzannahM Wed 20-Jan-21 18:10:57

I like Winter Watch and I like Chris Packham. There aren't many presenters on TV that don't irritate me from time to time, but at least he is knowledgeable and enthusiastic and passionate about something worthwhile.
I don't always agree with his campaigning, but then who does always agree with anyone? The one who irritates me the most is Michaela, I think, for some reason it always surprises me that she knows anything.

Shinamae Wed 20-Jan-21 18:05:01

I don’t watch the program but here is my little bit of help for nature, he comes every night..... let me introduce you to Cedric...

Callistemon Wed 20-Jan-21 17:59:28

Greyduster

I always feel as if he might eat me!! Those teeth and the wolfish grin, but sooner him than CP!

I like Chris Packham too.

Washerwoman Wed 20-Jan-21 17:53:31

Well I certainly enjoyed last night's programme if only for segment by the teenager named Indy and his beautiful film on goshawks.A future presenter of many wildlife programmes I'm sure.
And CP can be a bit irritating with his jokes but I have much more tolerance and respect for him having read Fingers in the Sparkle Jar.I may not agree with his every campaign in the future,but there's no doubting his huge knowledge and passion for wildlife.
Gordon Buchanan is my favourite of all nature presenters.

Deedaa Wed 20-Jan-21 17:13:49

I love Chris Packham and have no idea why People find him so irritating.

muse Wed 20-Jan-21 16:51:01

I'm joining those who like the programme and Chris Packham. Love all the Watch programmes. Keen fan. So glad this one's going to have more episodes.

I am baffled why people can dislike someone without knowing them. Perhaps we dislike those with a different personality from our own.

Sarnia Wed 20-Jan-21 16:37:09

Seems Chris Packham is like Marmite. You either love him or hate him. I enjoy all the wildlife programmes whether hosted by Chris Packham or not. I will be watching the whole of Winter Watch and for those who can't stand him there is always the 'off' button.

Woodmouse Wed 20-Jan-21 16:32:06

I too like and admire CP. I like his sense of humour.

biba70 Wed 20-Jan-21 16:23:44

Not surprising that likes or dislikes of people, go with likes and dislikes of so many other things. Striking here.

Greyduster Wed 20-Jan-21 16:18:53

I always feel as if he might eat me!! Those teeth and the wolfish grin, but sooner him than CP!

Callistemon Wed 20-Jan-21 15:01:12

I don't watch Masterchef but I rather like Greg Wallace presenting Inside the Factory.
He seems so enthusiastic.

merlotgran Wed 20-Jan-21 13:56:30

When Greg Wallace was on 'I'll Get This' a few months ago I thought he was much nicer when not in presenting mode and would be fun to have as a dinner guest.