Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(75 Posts)
12Michael Fri 22-Jan-21 06:15:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but another cold morning here in Brackley also dry as well.
Normal Friday shop , I have started to gain a little weight , mainly lockdown boredom of snacking , but its better than loosing it, as when I may have had a mild dose of the virus .
The weather is acting its seasonal self, and can only hope the genie rubs the lamp to a brighter year ahead .
Take Care,
Mick

Scentia Fri 22-Jan-21 12:44:35

Second visit of the day, the sun has got his hat on over here in Staffordshire and I am eagerly awaiting news that my pallet has arrived at the correct destination so I can go home and set to on my garden. I have half inched some blue gloves from our factory as most of the work in the garden will include Gizmo's (the cat from next door) gifts!! I don't mind like some people would as my DD gets a bag of clothes and toys from their little boy on a regular basis as he is two years older than DGS "Quid Pro Quo" I say.

Marydoll Fri 22-Jan-21 11:49:05

Thanks Borrheid, rumours were flying that he had Covid. My friend was at his funeral yesterday.

Kate, thanks. I was wracking my brains!

Mapleleaf Fri 22-Jan-21 11:48:14

A late good morning to you all,

I will come back to all the posts to read them shortly.

Another fine morning and a lot less breezy. Thank goodness the rain has eased.

Nothing exciting planned for today (there’s a surprise ?), just general pootling about. I have booked my car for its service and MOT. The mileage on it for this year will be very, very low!

Now I’ll raid the freezer to see if I can be inspired by something for tonight’s tea.

Take care, everyone.

HAZBEEN Fri 22-Jan-21 11:46:03

A late good morning everyone from a sunny Surrey. I had another bad night, finally getting to sleep about 4 but at least I got some sleep this time! My OH insisted I stay in bed and try to rest but once I am awake I have to get up usually, can't bear just lying there!
I want to photograph and post a few things for sale online today for my neighbour after our clear out! Also when my OH is otherwise engaged I need to try and get his birthday presents wrapped, he is 60 next Tuesday.
Last night I ordered some wool online, I plan to start knitting again after too many years! Hope I remeber how!!
Stay safe all.

NanKate Fri 22-Jan-21 11:10:36

Marydoll.

It is Woodlands Junior School set up by Mandy Barrow now called
Projectbritain.com and
primaryhomeworkhelp.co.u.k.

Best of luck. ?

LauraNorder Fri 22-Jan-21 10:58:16

Good morning Mick and all from sunny, yes I did say sunny Anglesey. A beautiful day for a walk.
I’ve only just read about your ankle Grandmafrench hope it’s feeling much better.
Buggeration about your appointment Auntyflo when you were all psyched up for today.
Hope the call comes soon EV so that you know what’s occurring (as they say in Wales).
Same in our house Scentia, Orlin has had a beard for as long as I can remember. On the odd occasion he shaves there is much shrieking and horror from me and definitely no kissing, eeuu.
My heart goes out to all suffering illness, anxiety, pain, flooding or any other horrid worry.
Wishing for a better day than yesterday for all.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 22-Jan-21 10:43:47

Good Morning all from Harrogate with the sun shining. I gather from DH it's very icy out there, he was walking the dog and spoke to the postman who said he had fallen twice so far!! poor bloke
As for flooding - I can't think of a much worse thing to happen to your home. Any victims, you have my heart felt sympathy!
Enjoyed some facetime with my GS yesterday. He'd been to speech therapy yesterday but wasn't willing to practice! But dd's phone was slobbered on when it was time to say goodbye!!
Nothing much planned today, trying to check our broadband speeds with the option of possibly changing service.
To all those hurting, unhappy - hope things improve very soon.

Borrheid55 Fri 22-Jan-21 10:42:01

Marydoll what a lovely compliment from Dollie - having a meltdown cos you can’t teach her. A good idea though to rest - I hope you gave her homework! It’s really frosty here in east Kent but sunny.
Not a lot happening today. Glad for FB though. I’ve been keeping up to date with family and “sitting in” on another funeral. Mary the man who kept St J’s grounds so immaculate was my mother’s cousin. He died of a stroke.
Hope all are feeling well or improving, stay safe!

Grandmadougal Fri 22-Jan-21 10:38:08

Good morning from a very sunny but cold Norfolk.

Parcel due today arrived yesterday, another due Monday now lost! One order placed by me last night for DD has already been delivered to her, definitely keeps me on my toes.

My DD and DS didn’t see my husband without a beard until they were 5 and 7, we didn’t tell them he just walked in the room one day shaven, DD wouldn’t go near him and burst into tears, now we all laugh about it.

Older relatives are now being called for the jab so hopefully we’ll be on the list soon. MILs care home won’t have it until they are COVID free for 28 days, GPS won’t visit till then even the residents who are negative. Very concerned about this.

Those poor people who have been flooded are on my mind, how they will cope is beyond me.

Have a safe day everyone.

Stilllearning Fri 22-Jan-21 10:33:26

Morning everyone, as baubles said, still snowy here in here in S Lanarkshire. May try out my new cleats, at the moment that’s my idea of an adventure, I can hardly remember the person I used to be!
Wishing a good day to all, especially thinking about those with real worries.

grandMattie Fri 22-Jan-21 10:22:09

Scentia, I have never seen DH clean shaven! When very small, my children would go to people with glasses or a beard, regardless of sex! ?

Blossoming Fri 22-Jan-21 10:09:29

Good morning all. The sun is shining for the first time in what seems like months. No real plans for the day other than physio and fresh air and exercise.

Best wishes to you all, especially those going through tough times.

Nortsat Fri 22-Jan-21 10:05:04

Alygran, I was thinking about your doorbell ... maybe no one pressed it. It might have simply expanded/contracted in the cold and got stuck.

What an awful way to be woken, though. Hope you have a peaceful night tonight.

GrannySomerset Fri 22-Jan-21 10:00:00

Heavy frost this morning so DH is staying in bed in the warm a bit longer which means I am having a leisurely start too.

Yesterday was a good day - Tesco, not too busy and everyone masked - then a surprise delivery of flowers from DS “because it’s January and I thought you needed them”, and finally my jab at our local surgery, very calm and efficient.

Like so many of you, I feel such sympathy with anyone flooded. Bad enough at any time, but after nearly a year of the plague it must be impossible to cope with.

Nortsat Fri 22-Jan-21 09:58:52

Good morning Mick and the GM team from east London where it is sunny ☀️.

How awful spending the day on tenterhooks waiting for the phone call about your scan Auntieflo. Now your job is to put it out of your mind until next week.
Elizabeth I hope you and your DH have a decent day. My experience of pneumonia is that it takes all your reserves and recovery can be frustratingly slow.
Ellan glad old Tom is hanging in there. Stray cats seem to love their kennels. Our cat Ollie was a stray in our garden for about 6 months before we finally got him indoors. He had a (homemade) kennel, lined with an insulation tile and a tartan car rug and he loved it. (See the photo of him safely ensconced).

I had a ridiculous time on the phone with the bank yesterday and was going to rant here ... but I have decided not to. It’s sunny and I have a cat sitting with me and my dear partner is bringing me a cup of coffee ... so I am going to be positive and not moan about bl**dy Bar***ys.

It’s so good to hear about GNs getting their vaccines. As my last name begins with a letter which is towards the end of the alphabet, I expect I may be waiting a while.

Have a good day all, Good Morning gilly.
Let’s stay safe and ‘let’s be careful out there’. ?

EllanVannin Fri 22-Jan-21 09:54:16

Grandmabatty the phone's okay because I got a call last night ( wrong number ) at 10.20 from someone who sounded very confused.
I'm like a magnet for the non compus-mentus grin
With a bit of luck she might call in today. I know it takes time to get over the loss of an animal if this is indeed the case.

EkwaNimitee Fri 22-Jan-21 09:52:28

Good morning, Mick and Everyone....there's a lot of cloud driving in from the west over the Cumbrian coast. The sun might break out now and then and/or we could have showers, possibly of snow. I'm staying in, that's getting tedious so I may get out a bit tomorrow though I'm keen not to mingle too much at the moment. I've already done the ironing so I think an extended morning break is in order with a bit of book reading.

Jaxjacky Fri 22-Jan-21 09:51:07

Oh Auntieflo how frustrating.

BibleBookworm Fri 22-Jan-21 09:45:03

Hi everyone.
I'm from sunny and windy South Africa. I've been crafting and painting, and putting in orders with hubby for 3D things for me to print. He's just done a cerise pink butterfly hair clip for me. It's beautiful.
I have a bible student just now (I offer Bible study lessons), when she's finished work. All done online now because of pandemic.
Enjoy your day everyone ?

Grammaretto Fri 22-Jan-21 09:40:54

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Cold with icy snow lying but at least, no floods. Sorry for those in the midst of the flooding.

Auntieflo what a shame you were geared up and the appointment postponed. flowers

Marydoll how lovely to have your darling DGD love you as much as you love her. So special.

I spoke to the littlies on video but they show me what they are up to. I don't do schooling. Just show and tell!

MiL came home from hospital yesterday. She was a bit confused but it was a UTI and not a stroke. She wanted her DH to come with her but of-course he had died with the covid in December.

Urmstongran Fri 22-Jan-21 09:39:53

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where’s is dry and sunny! I’m off out to the dentist in an hour so I’d best get a wriggle on. Good job it’s just 5 minutes along this road, opposite that bookshop ....
?
Which sadly won’t be open. I usually buy all my upcoming birthday cards from there, plus wrapping paper and of course stationery, of which I already have too much. I was sorting out the wardrobe earlier in the week and I have eight notepads - Moleskins, Paperchase etc. I shall start using them. Maybe one for a separate subject? ‘Books read’ for example.

Himself is delighted with his new toy, a smartphone! Kept him occupied for hours (literally) yesterday, setting it up! Finally one of us is in the 21stC. Just glad it’s not me. I’m happy with my very basic Nokia!

Regards housework, ladies I’m with the witty Nora Ephron ...

Hope Friday is good to us all. Love to you gillybob if you’re reading this. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Grandmabatty Fri 22-Jan-21 09:37:18

Ellanvannin, could it be that your phone isn't working? I know you had problems with it before and maybe that's why you haven't heard from DD.

Greyduster Fri 22-Jan-21 09:33:07

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining again in South Yorkshire but it’s cold. It’s my DD’s 50th birthday today - my youngest child. Going to be a very quiet one sadly. We will go over and put her presents and a cake on the doorstep and face time them this evening. Hope we can all celebrate later in the year.
Alygran hope you are calmer after your doorbell trauma - and the flooding looks pretty shocking! No paddling please!
Have a good day folks.

amselerin Fri 22-Jan-21 09:28:52

Good morning all. And it`s a good morning here, the sun is shining. So Waldi, my little sausage, will come out for a walk. Later I will try and make some crumpets. Reading about some of you enjoying your crumpets has made me hungry for them. Grandmafrench, I could also do with some french croissants. The ones we get here are a poor copy. Have a pleasant day all and my your worries be small ones. x

Georgesgran Fri 22-Jan-21 09:27:44

Good morning from Durham. I had to do a double take as it’s not only bright but also dry here.
Did a massive shop yesterday - no idea how long it will last as DH grazes between meals - a side effect of his meds.
SiL is bringing his and DDs dogs over soon - it gets them out of the way, whilst their cleaners work their magic. Dogs are handed over outside, like a hostage exchange! Will walk them later and probably take them home, to save DD coming to collect them.
Can’t believe another week over! Hoping to hear when DH can have his vaccine, but I’ll be in a different group.

Please stay safe and have the best day you can. X