Gransnet forums

Chat

What have you baked/cooked today?

(41 Posts)
maydonoz Fri 22-Jan-21 14:24:29

I wondered if you've made anything nice or interesting in the kitchen today.
I decided to have a wee baking session, normally I bake a couple of things when I put the oven on. So today I made some muffins, I had glace cherries and lemon peel leftover from Christmas and I added some to the mixture.
The other was a lemon coconut cake. Am pleased with both so we'll have something to accompany our tea over the weekend.

JaneJudge Fri 22-Jan-21 19:51:59

I made a chicken and vegetable biryani and we had it with lamb and vegetable samosas which M&S kindly made for me to purchase grin I am a bit sick of cooking and food tbh

grannysyb Fri 22-Jan-21 20:24:49

We had homemade chicken soup for lunch, I then made enough minestrone for a couple of days and cooked sea bass with spinach and peas for supper followed by fruit compote.

Cfaz49 Fri 22-Jan-21 20:29:58

Gluten free pizza. Homemade acceptable base but not superb. I miss wheat bread!

Kim19 Fri 22-Jan-21 20:33:35

Poached egg and pizza.

Lilypops Fri 22-Jan-21 20:36:22

I baked a Lemon meringue pie for tea today and also some fruit scones , earlier in the week I made a lemon drizzle cake and a coffee and walnut cake. I gave half of both of those to my brother, I think I must stop baking for a month or more of I will definitely be piling on the pounds. .

Ashcombe Fri 22-Jan-21 20:43:43

I made a chicken curry, using a Sharwoods sauce which was on offer this week! Just cooking brown rice to accompany it and sampling a glass of red while it’s cooking.

Mogsmaw Fri 22-Jan-21 20:57:06

I baked sticky malt loafs. The recipe makes 2x 1lb loafs, one for now and one for when it’s even better (and stickier).

kittylester Fri 22-Jan-21 21:08:45

Fillet steak with stilton sauce.

Teacheranne Fri 22-Jan-21 21:58:46

I made my family recipe of sausage meat and apple stuffing to go with a piece of chicken - with oven chips! I’m taking half of the stuffing to my sister tomorrow as I’ll be seeing her when we visit my mum at her care home. Afterwards I finished off some gooseberry crumble I made yesterday using tinned gooseberries that I’ve only just discovered are sold in Tesco.

grannyactivist Fri 22-Jan-21 22:17:21

I haven't made a single meal for more than a week - I've been banished to an armchair in the living room until my health improves. I've had tea and toast in bed every day, I skip lunch (don't need it as I barely move all day) and my husband brings me dinner, cooked from scratch, on a tray just before 7pm. Yesterday it was fish pie followed by fruit crumble and this evening it was a bean casserole and rice.

And literally as I was writing this he appeared with flowers and grapes. He's one in a million. smile

ginny Fri 22-Jan-21 22:24:11

I made a pizza for pur evening meal.

Also baked a jam and buttercream singe. I’m going to pretend it is my DGS birthday cake. He’s 5 tomorrow and I am missing him dreadfully. He says he will help me blow out the candles when we FaceTime tomorrow.

ginny Fri 22-Jan-21 22:24:48

Singe. = sponge

janeainsworth Fri 22-Jan-21 22:34:35

For lunch I made pea & coconut soup using leftover coconut milk, and hummus using some leftover chick peas, served with bread I made yesterday.
Tea was home-cooked fish (sea bass) & chips. We’re lucky to be able to get deliveries of fresh fish from North Shields. Followed by homemade cheesecake and fresh fruit salad.

BlueSapphire Fri 22-Jan-21 22:46:38

Nothing today! I had a curry ready meal this evening, so just reheated in the microwave.

MiniMoon Fri 22-Jan-21 23:30:36

I made Mary Berry's lamb and sweet potato stew for dinner. I served it with asparagus.