Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(80 Posts)
12Michael Tue 26-Jan-21 06:10:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its starting to become daylight around 7 , anyway its cold outside with remains of snow still on the ground here in Brackley .
Today ,some housework ,and do a bit of TV and reading.
TV choice is getting into reruns daily , wish they would revamp some of the older 30 minute comedy's on TV at night .
Take Care ,
Mick

Ashcombe Thu 11-Feb-21 08:15:06

Lins1066: did you mean to post this on today's Good Morning, Thursday thread?

Lins1066 Thu 11-Feb-21 07:58:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CherryCezzy Tue 26-Jan-21 15:54:52

Meant to say Happy Birthday to your OH Hazbeen ???

CherryCezzy Tue 26-Jan-21 15:51:32

marq 59 years in the Mayals is not a long time ago by Mayals standards ? SW France a pretty good alternative.

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling down Taichinan. It's good to have you back ?

Grandmafrench Tue 26-Jan-21 13:55:44

Good afternoon. Very late, no sleep until 6am. Did ‘something’ again to my ankle - just lifted my foot and stepped sideways. The pain was indescribable all night. This morning no pain! Bizarre. Waiting today for the surgery to confirm there’s a prescription there for me to go to the clinic for an x-ray/scan.

Only just checking up on you. Lots of vaccinations. Hurrah! Lots of low moods and anxiety. Understandable. Don’t beat yourselves up Grans. Just come on here and share. X

Really so pleased to see you back, Taichinan and sad you’ve felt down.??‍♀️. You’ve had such a hard time, Grammaretto, please take it slowly. ? Harri do please speak to the Doc about your poorly tum. ? Happy Birthday to Haz’s kind partner. Easy does it, Elizabeth and you too, Baubles - don’t knock yourself back being too keen to be better before your body’s completely able. ??.

Hope you’re ok, Pants. holly I have just had lunch in the garden and found huge tops of hyacinths showing in a big pot. The smell of hyacinths is one of my favorites.....and it always smells like Spring with one of those plants nearby.

Hugs to all. Stay safe and look after yourselves. See you tomorrow.

Grammaretto Tue 26-Jan-21 13:28:35

I have popped back to say thanks Urms, Taichinan, Cherry, Grandmabatty and any others. My friends here are just wonderful.
accepts flowers graciously
I am feeling much better now after an hour's yoga and a phone chat with a friend. And some food. grin

Life on the farm Sheepandcattle. Wow! How I admire you

Beauregard Tue 26-Jan-21 13:16:58

Hope your OH likes the racehorse share you bought him HAZBEEN. I've just renewed mine for another year. It's good to follow them and see how they do...and perhaps have a little flutter! Hope it does well.

Jaxjacky Tue 26-Jan-21 13:04:02

I’ve come back to read newer posts. Welcome muse to this lovely thread, no poly tunnel, but will sow toms and chillies indoors next month, expecting seed potatoes to be delivered soon. Marq66 love thé SW of France, we lived in south Dordogne for eight months of the year 2015-18 , travelled down your way, Bidart, onto San Sebastián etc a few times. Taichinan pleased you’re back from a little break.

LauraNorder Tue 26-Jan-21 12:40:46

Taichinan, you snuck in while I was writing. Glad to see you back, sorry you’ve been feeling down and sorry about your friend. Tough times.

LauraNorder Tue 26-Jan-21 12:35:54

Good afternoon Mick and all from grey, dry, breezy and cold Anglesey.
Warm welcome to Muse in the south west.
Happy birthday to MrHAZ who sounds like a very kind man.
Gingster could your daughter get a taxi so that your husband can stay safe.
Good to see you back sheepandcattle, love your tales from the farm.
Happy Australia Day ?? nanna8.
Love your photo Sar the colours are amazing.
Thanks for the tv recommendation EV, I love Charlie Boorman and that trip sounds great.
Keep safe and warm everybody and have the best day you can.

Marydoll Tue 26-Jan-21 12:24:43

Taichinan glad to see you posting.

Taichinan Tue 26-Jan-21 12:24:00

Thank you for thinking of me Urms. I'm still here on the Angus coast where the weather has been perfect winter weather - frost and lots of sunshine but no snow! I even sat out in the garden yesterday - well wrapped up! - and soaked up some vitamin D. It's just that I haven't been able to keep up the good spirits of late and have felt like a whinging wet blanket. I didn't want to bring everyone else down with me. But feeling a bit brighter again. Lovely little things have meant a lot - the sun shining, the snowdrops in bloom (well, almost) a "Lockdown Love" Touchnote card from DD and DGDs plus an uplifting little book, and DS promoted to his highest rank (no, not exactly commanding officer!). Yesterday I stood in the sunshine with quite a few others to line the route of a friend's funeral. Yes, that was incredibly sad - but at least she 'slept away', and it wasn't Covid. (I shall miss the chats we had and the jokes about how we would celebrate our 80th birthdays this year.). And it meant that I was able to have a distanced chat with other friends, which I am so missing. The book from DD is "The Boy, the Mole the Fox and the Horse" by Charlie Mackesy. Such a lovely read, and delightful to dip into.
So I'm back out of the Slough of Despond and into Happy Valley.
Grammaretto be kind to yourself. The early days of widowhood are very hard and very lonely and made worse by the isolation of lockdown. Just do what you can, and if you can't just accept that and cosset yourself. There's so much love and support for you on here and we all admire you so much for the way you are coping with such a terribly difficult period of your life.
Now off I trot to continue doing the sum total of notalot. Try to find some little thing to enjoy today, and stay safe and cosy. ???

Elizabeth1 Tue 26-Jan-21 12:20:55

Hello everyone I’m very late today but I’ve slept on and on this morning. Must’ve been needing to. Anyway I’m now sitting in the conservatory with my dh who isn’t nearly as grumpy today as he was yesterday. Thankfully he got his white nhs envelope yesterday telling him when he’s getting his vaccine I think, because I’m a little younger, I’ll get my letter in a couple of weeks time. I’m pleased to say I received a recusal email today from the Scottish courts to say I am excused from attending a jury summons hells bells I’ve always wanted to be selected for jury service pre stroke .

Oh well never mind perhaps there’s other things in the pipeline for me. Have a good day all you lovely gns I’ll be seeing a few of you tomorrow for a brunch on the zoom where we’ll be celebrating the life of Robert Burns. Hope my dh has a little fizz ready for me to use in my lovely new Crystal champagne glasses I’ve already had a haggis, mashed neeps and carrots and tatty supper it was delicious had to eat it earlier because of the haggis date another one to eat tomorrow to the recital of Tam o Shanter hooray grin

marq66 Tue 26-Jan-21 12:20:12

CheeryCezzy - I lived in the Mayals on the Gower 59years ago! It was the only place (of the 6 or so places I grew up in due to Dad's career with M&S) that my mother broke down in tears when we left. We loved the beaches. My memories are full of sunshine, while all our visitor complained continuously about the rain!
I'm retired now back near a coast, without the Gower beauty but different benefits here in SW France very near the Spanish border.

grandMattie Tue 26-Jan-21 12:19:58

And where is Urms to ask how much your house is worth, Marq ?

CherryCezzy Tue 26-Jan-21 12:04:03

I've popped back as I want to say - Grammaretto it's perfectly understandable. You are grieving, you are allowed to feel sorry for yourself. Don't beat yourself up for it. Sending ? and a cwtch.

Marq , being nosey I have to ask how long is a lot of years since you lived in the Mayals? However long it is though I don't think it had changed much if you ignore some modernisation of some of the houses. You don't say where you live now ...

Welcome Muse ?

hollysteers Tue 26-Jan-21 12:01:42

Good morning all from Rainy Roofs, northwest coast, yes more blinking rain. Although I felt under the weather through broken nights, I forced myself out yesterday as it was sunny and visited my local hardware man for bits and pieces (keeping away from large places) we always have a nice chat outside. Then I drove three or four miles to the next “village” and walked the length and breadth of it for exercise, but it takes a lockdown to force me there as it’s extremely boring even when everything is open and I’m someone who is easily interested. I did stumble across their church garden set out by volunteers so that was a find even in winter.
My blue hyacinths on the kitchen windowsill smell heavenly.
A box has arrived from Wiltshire Farm Foods, first order, so will give them a go in between ‘proper’ cooking. Anyone tried them? I do use Parsley Box from time to time, but the meals are variable. Handy to have though.
I watched Artists in Love on Sky last night, Callas and Aristotle Onassis. Nothing new, but the recurring rumour she had a baby by him is scandal mongering with no foundation. I’m glad I’m not world famous and prying eyes poking about in my knicker drawer ?
Will come back later to enjoy all your posts.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 26-Jan-21 11:59:59

Good morning, only just from a frozen north of Scotland. It looks beautiful but underfoot is like a skating rink. Lots of happy children going past the house with their sledges to a local slope. More snow expected today but currently the sky is blue. I am filling the bird feeders non stop and also putting out tepid water as everything is frozen solid.
Best wishes to all, especially those under the weather.

HAZBEEN Tue 26-Jan-21 11:54:44

I am late again, good morning everyone! I have been for a blood test this morning, but the hospital rang yesterday and said my consultants appointment has been changed by a week so the results wont be up to date for her. Only hope they will do! The problem is I will now run out of medication before I get to speak to her so I had to email her and hopefully she will be in touch to give me an extra prescription. It will be sent to the hospital a few miles away then I will have to ring them to see if they will send it out!

Its my OHs 60th birthday today, he is my toy boy! I bought him a share in a racehorse after reading about some on here having them. I only hope I chose the right one! The doorbell has been ringing all morning with neighbours dropping off cards and gifts, he does the paper round everyday and gets other bits they need so I am glad he is appreciated!

I haven't read everyones posts yet so hugs and love for those in need, welcome to any newbies and stay safe all.

Litterpicker Tue 26-Jan-21 11:51:52

Hello Muse. I will be interested to hear what seeds you order. We have had an allotment here in West Sussex for the past 2 years and still learning how to manage a larger area than our various gardens.

Annaram1 Tue 26-Jan-21 11:50:27

Just look at the time! Not much planned today. My phone has been fixed at last. Tried my first Parsley Box meal last night, beef stew and cheddar mash, and it was very tasty. Also had some of the merlot they sent. I am not adept at cooking for one so this was nice. The offer I got was for 10 meals+ 2 wines for £19.99.
I was sent 2 leaflets but could only use the special offer once, and then the price goes up. If anyone wants to use the offer on the second leaflet go to www.parsleybox.com/FILE3
or phone 0800 612 7225 and quote offer code FILE3
Have a good day all, take care and I hope all those who are unwell or have worries will find things improve all the time.

Litterpicker Tue 26-Jan-21 11:47:39

Good (late) morning from a grey and damp-looking West Sussex.
Finished my book club book at 2 a.m. I’d gone to sleep on the sofa in the afternoon so wasn’t sleepy at bedtime.
Beautiful red sky photo, Sar53 and the park looking peaceful in the snow, NannyJan.
I have managed to declutter a whole 22 books to MusicMagpie and will have £6.07 to show for it. All but one are study/professional books from my husband’s large library so charity shops wouldn’t want them even if they were open. Must show willing and sacrifice some of my own books. I know I won’t read most of them again but I do like to browse and dip in from time to time.
Mick, I hope you find some old comedy shows to cheer you up. We find we can’t get all of the free channels and some come and go which is very frustrating.

Greyduster Tue 26-Jan-21 11:42:22

Welcome Muse!

muse Tue 26-Jan-21 11:35:32

Good Morning. My first posting here.
Good to hear you're thinking of getting out Marydoll. Cold here too in the southwest but wet again today. I did like the frost mornings. Managed to get some clearing done in my polytunnel yesterday. Lots of seeds to order. Growing some heritage veg this year.

No snow but some vicious hail the other day. Dog walk soon in the mud. Then wait to unpack the Sainsbury's delivery.

Another cake to bake today.

Grandmabatty Tue 26-Jan-21 11:23:18

Popping back to say to Grammaretto be kind to yourself. After what you've been through,you're entitled to feel sorry for yourself. Take care.?