Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday in Mick's absence.

(102 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 28-Jan-21 07:26:17

As is the norm when Mick doesn't or is unable appear, one of the regulars starts the thread.
Good morning all.

Litterpicker Thu 28-Jan-21 16:51:18

EllanVannin I saw ‘The Windermere Children’ when it was shown before - it was upsetting, especially when they got the awful news of their families, but I seem to remember that most of them, like many survivors, went on to live fulfilling lives. I will have to watch it again as I have forgotten much of the detail.

seacliff Thu 28-Jan-21 16:40:20

As usual I've missed the goings on which seem to have resulted in Maw being banned again,! Why on earth, was that really necessary? I hope it is only temporary? Also best wishes to Mick and hope things are ok with him

brook2704 Thu 28-Jan-21 16:28:55

Just popped back to see if there was any news - thank you chewbacca and maw for letting us know mick is ok

CherryCezzy Thu 28-Jan-21 15:01:40

Chewbacca thanks for letting us know about Mick, thanks Maw.

Good news Callistemon ?, hopefully I'll hear something soon ?

I too hope Grandmafrench is alright.

kittylester Thu 28-Jan-21 14:49:34

urms ssshhh!

I glad to hear Mick is ok and thanks to Maw for letting us know!

EllanVannin Thu 28-Jan-21 14:39:11

Litterpicker you reminded me of the film I watched last night on the Memorial Day---it was The Windermere Children, very upsetting and based on a true story about 720 children who were saved, 300 were sent to the Lake District.

Lisagran Thu 28-Jan-21 14:29:24

Glad to hear Mick and Maw are both ok. Both are missed!

Urmstongran Thu 28-Jan-21 14:25:07

Now I’m concerned about GrandmaFrench. I think she was off to see the doctor this morning about her ankle/shin pain.

glammagran Thu 28-Jan-21 14:22:41

I’m feeling very sad about Marydoll’s friends GD and baby. I’m not religious but I’m earnestly wishing them the very best outcome possible.

My DD2 is 28 weeks pregnant with baby 2 and has been signed off consultant care due to her kidney condition which is great news. But she is now planning a home birth as her partner is unlikely to be able to be with her. Apparently they are becoming more common in Wiltshire but it worries me. 7 years ago my DiL had a spontaneous delivery at home after a 45 minute labour. The ambulance took ages to arrive. She suffered massive blood loss as placenta broke and they bluelighted her to hospital leaving me holding the baby. My son took toddler to nursery and then took the baby to hospital. I couldn’t help thinking that mother and baby should have been kept together as I was left alone for a short period in the house with her.

Thinking of everyone who is low and not feeling at their best.

Marydoll Thu 28-Jan-21 14:12:48

Very grateful, SL.

Stilllearning Thu 28-Jan-21 14:09:47

For various reasons I’m just checking in now. Really upset to hear that things are not going well for your friend’s granddaughter Marydoll, will say Rosary now.

Sparklefizz Thu 28-Jan-21 14:08:25

Good news re Mick. Thanks MawBe

Jaxjacky Thu 28-Jan-21 13:28:38

Thank you all re news on Mick

Kalu Thu 28-Jan-21 13:26:57

Many thanks MawBe. You are so missed as you can see. x Good to hear Mick is ok.

NotAGran55 Thu 28-Jan-21 13:26:55

Just back from my voluntary job and so pleased to see the update on Mick . Thank you .

Marydoll Thu 28-Jan-21 13:10:58

Oh thanks, Chewy I was just about to post that news too! That was good of MB to take the trouble to set our minds at rest.

Now who is the main man tomorrow, if Mick doesn't manage to post? I will have to be out at the crack of dawn, so it won't be me.

muse Thu 28-Jan-21 13:10:41

Thank you MawBe. Just seen the message about Mick.

muse Thu 28-Jan-21 13:09:41

I'm new to this thread but a big thank you to Marydoll

I messaged GN about missing GNers as there had been problems elsewhere and GNers were worried. Some had had their comments deleted.
Reply was very informative but to summarise it said: we discourage conversations about other users happening if those users are not around to answer them. If people are genuinely concerned they are very welcome to PM the user directly to give them support.

Has anyone PMed Mick?
Glad to see Marydoll's thread is still going. We haven't broken any talk guidelines.

Callistemon Thu 28-Jan-21 13:09:40

CherryChezzy I'm in Wales and DH has now had his vaccination and I had a letter inviting me for mine in about 10 days and I've heard of friends who also have their appointments in the next couple of weeks. To say we were surprised (and pleased) is an understatement!!
I hope you hear soon.

Taichinan Thu 28-Jan-21 13:07:33

Excellent news re Mick!

Iam64 Thu 28-Jan-21 13:06:48

That’s great news Chewbacca. This site is poorer for the loss of MawB.

Callistemon Thu 28-Jan-21 13:06:46

Mara48

Oh, glad they’re both ok. What a caring lot you are!

Yes, it's lovely, isn't it.

I'm glad they are both all right.

Mara48 Thu 28-Jan-21 13:01:33

Oh, glad they’re both ok. What a caring lot you are!

Charleygirl5 Thu 28-Jan-21 13:00:40

That is really good news. I hope it will be soon.

LauraNorder Thu 28-Jan-21 12:58:43

Excellent news Chewbacca thank you and thanks Maw.