Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday, from Michael’s ADC

(77 Posts)
grandMattie Tue 02-Feb-21 06:29:06

Good morning everyone from a grey E Kent. Boy, didn’t it rain in the night? It’s not especially cold and forecast to be 12 deg.
After yesterday’s mortifying typo, I shall try to remove my foot from my mouth and bolt it shUt....
Supermarket and chicken salad for dinner tonight.
Hope that everyone has a reasonable day today. There appears to be light at the end of a tunnel, be it only a pinprick. Stay safe. ❤️

Linjoy Tue 02-Feb-21 08:05:46

Good morning new poster here but have been following for some time. Lots of snow here in West Yorkshire I believe the M62 at junction 22 is closed not much traffic about a day to stay put with a good book in front of the fire.Stay safe and well everyone

dragonfly46 Tue 02-Feb-21 08:06:09

Good morning it is still and damp in Leicestershire.

I am puzzling as to what your DD works as - DH?

Sorry you are not well Mary I hope the GP can help.

Absolutely nothing planned.

Hoping all who feel low feel a little better today.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 02-Feb-21 08:09:48

Good morning GM and all

Wishing you a speedy return Mick

I feel slightly better today and have agreed to have the GC so DD can go into work, I might regret it and have to call her home. GrandpaGravy will do home schooling and zoom lessons I will be in charge of the 1yr old!!!

It’s grey here in S E Essex which is depressing in itself!!!

Marydoll have a resting day, no more campaigning (??)

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

kittylester Tue 02-Feb-21 08:12:45

Morning all from a very soggy North Leicestershire.

DH has his jab today! Hurrah! And, our eldest daughter is 46 - which is very shocking.

On-line shopping for treats for the dgc today I think and also for their parents!!

And, good news, we have had a refund from the roof men.

Sending love and hugs to everyone.

ginny Tue 02-Feb-21 08:13:28

Good Morning from a mild but damp N. Bucks.
DH will be carrying on with decorating. It’ll take a while as he only does an hour or two each day.
DD3 who is 6 months pregnant sent a video of her tummy which clearly showed baby having quite a party. Also one of DGS ( just 5) having a fit of the giggles. That was my smile for the day.

I will walk up to deliver a birthday card to another friend locally. Then choose between sewing, knitting or crochet. Maybe a bit of each.

Healing thoughts to all with worries or in pain. Hope everyone can find a ?today.

Pantglas2 Tue 02-Feb-21 08:19:09

Morning all from a cool and rather damp north Wales where my norty friend on the island (yes LauraNorder that’d be you) has gotten me out of hibernation yesterday with all that lovely ? and now I’m having to snuggle under my lambswool duvet supping from the ☕️!

Catching up with all your doings over the last few weeks is impossible methinks but I am glad that lots of you have had the vaccine or an appointment ? Hope Dwmxmg, GG13 are feeling better soon and Mr Beauregard is on the road to recovery!

Some titivating to be done today - is it me or do eyebrows disappear on a woman and become thickets on a man ?‍♀️?

Stay safe and well everyone x

baubles Tue 02-Feb-21 08:21:03

Good morning all, we’ve had a little more snow here in South Lanarkshire but the sky looks very heavy so I fear there’s more to come. Glad your DD is on the mend Scentia.

I started a crochet blanket yesterday so that gives me something to be getting on with.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

Thanks for explaining how the calving and lambing works sheep, I live in a rural area and often talk to the sheep as I pass by.

NannyJan53 Tue 02-Feb-21 08:24:19

Good morning from a very drizzly and grey Black Country.

Had a few days off posting, as I felt I hadn't much to contribute as feeling a bit 'whats the point'. Hopefully lifted my mood now, I didn't want to bring gloom to this lovely thread.

Love to hear your posts about farming life sheepandcattle as it is not something I know much about.

DD rang yesterday to say there was a positive case in her school, so it is now shut down for a week! It was only open for key worker children, so heaven knows what their parents will do now.

There are some really special people here Marydoll how lovely that someone went out of her way for you

Wishing you all a good day

Wishing you all a good day

Lins1066 Tue 02-Feb-21 08:24:58

Good morning all from a dry S Welsh coast.
A lovely photo of the twin calves * sheep and cattle* brings back memories for me as I have farmers in the family and grew up in the countryside.
Glad your daughter is better Scentia.
A Sainsbury's delivery shortly so I had better get my skates on, what's the origin of that phrase I wonder??
Also the fish man calls on a Tuesday like Grandmabatty.
Hope everyone will have a pleasant day, stay safe.

Georgesgran Tue 02-Feb-21 08:25:53

Good morning from Durham. A blanket of snow overnight.
Thank you everyone who sent good wishes for my DH yesterday. He got his jab last night - all well organized.
It’s 5 years since he was given a ‘terminal diagnosis’ which was incorrect. Later told his cancer could not only be treated but cured. Remission for a couple of years, but it came back, so several more courses of chemo including plans for a stem cell transplant and carTcell therapy - both abandoned as he was too ill by the time they were available. Sepsis 3 times.
To look at him you wouldn’t be able to tell, but on his feet is a different matter.

DD2 also has a bad kidney infection and will stay on a maintenance dose of antibiotics, once treated. She’s having bladder problems due to SPD and is exhausted - up several times in the night, everything soaked through. I’ll be relieved when baby gets safely here in June and hope that problem resolves itself.

No plans for today in this weather, other than putting out the bins later.

Stay safe everyone. X

Gingster Tue 02-Feb-21 08:26:25

Good morning from another wet day here in Essex. I’m trying to plan a walk with an old friend this week, but we’re watching the weather and goodness knows when we’ll go. ?

I’m having a Bridge session on Zoom this afternoon. I don’t really know how to do it but hopefully DH will help. We’re both as bad as each other. I’m looking forward to seeing all my pals on there, never mind the bridge lesson.

DDwent for her assessment at the hospital for her hernia repair op. She had phoned them before to make sure it was still going ahead. She got a cab there, checked in and then was told sorry it’s been cancelled. Cab home . No further appointment was given, . They could give a little more notice.

Sheep/cattle love pics of the beautiful calves. It’s lovely to hear of life on your farm.

Scentia glad your DD is feeling better.

DH and I are doing the 15 minute mile walk on YouTube. Although we walk the dog, it isn’t very strenuous as she stops to sniff every few steps. DH was getting very lazy with no golf or tennis and his legs were getting stiff , so the 15 minute mile is great. He hates it and moans all the time but we get it done.

I’m Hoping to see my DG1 today as she walks past our house on the way to her mums. Still home from Uni and no idea when she’ll be able to get back.

I hope everyone has a pleasant day. ??

brook2704 Tue 02-Feb-21 08:42:27

A very warm welcome linjoy so pleased you joined us! Watch out for the questions later from urmstongran ?

Stilllearning Tue 02-Feb-21 08:48:36

Another good morning from S Lanarkshire, snowing here, so probably heading your way baubles
I was just watching some pandas sliding and rolling in snow, it started my day with a smile! I also enjoyed your hymn Ashcombe, Acapeldridge was new to me, so clever.
I made Urmstons pork dish yesterday and really enjoyed it. I didn’t reduce the quantities because I’ve found often that doing that changes the taste, so some in the freezer to enjoy again. Also, I share a home delivery with my neighbour and she asked what I was wanting Sage for, so this recipe is spreading far and wide Urms, you’re due some royalties!
Wishing everyone a good day and thinking of those not feeling too bright.

Greyduster Tue 02-Feb-21 08:50:21

Good morning, GrandMattie, and all GNs. Good to hear that Mick is okay and may be back soon. We have a good covering of snow in South Yorkshire - it was coming down hell for leather at about three but now, thankfully, it’s stopped. We had a cleaning blitz yesterday - should have left it until today as we won’t be going out in this.
Sheepandcattle I love the posts about your animals. We are surrounded by farms and farmland; some run a few sheep, but mostly arable, and it’s fascinating to see their farming year come full circle from sowing to harvesting. We’ve learned a lot since we came to live here.
We were supposed to face time DS yesterday but he came on briefly to say their boiler had broken down and they had just come back from the vet with their cat, and the news wasn’t good, so could be they postpone it until tonight.
Spaghetti bolognese for dinner and a nice glass of red wine, I think. Have the best day you can folks and stay safe.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 02-Feb-21 08:54:30

Morning all from a very wet South Notts. I'll come back later and read everyone's news. Not much going on here - as usual, maybe that's a good thing. Perhaps I'll tackle some housework but I'll probably just sit about and knit, read and watch telly. What a slattern I've become.

Hope all is well with everyone especially those with illness or worries.

hollysteers Tue 02-Feb-21 08:55:07

Good morning all from Rainy Roofs after a sunny day yesterday on the Northwest coast.
The St.Brigid’s wet scarves are in and major gasworks are going on in this road, gas will be turned off and workmen around all day. Offered them a cup of tea “There’s 5 of us’ he said and not to bother. Also at 4, the roof man cometh to look at a couple of leaks, that’s a bit too much practicality for one day?
So to balance that up, will carry on my watercolours and glad I rambled round the woods yesterday, found a spot to sit in the sun and read “Oscar Wilde’s Women” on the kindle on my phone. Very handy.
Wishing everyone a good day.

Alygran Tue 02-Feb-21 08:56:48

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s snowing so an indoor day for me.
Ironing, admin for my charity and knitting I guess. Will look up a you tube video for some exercise.
Lovely to hear about the farm. A very different experience from the Yorkshire shepherdess. I can’t imagine what it’s like further up the dale this morning. Brrrr! ❄️ ❄️
Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe.

mokryna Tue 02-Feb-21 09:03:41

Good morning everyone, Just popping in to say I am pleased that we have heard from Mick and wish him a quick return. Have a peaceful day and stay safe.

Nannagarra Tue 02-Feb-21 09:06:20

Good morning everyone from the Sefton coast where it is drizzling. Thanks to gM for opening up. I hope Scentia’s DD and dwm recover quickly. Your photo is adorable, Sheep. I’m captivated by life on a farm.
Another sh*t centre has opened up here which is excellent. Our surgery’s advice is not to wait for a letter but to book online. I can see a light on the horizon.
I think today we’ll be staying in and keeping warm. Moussaka for tea. Some Mediterranean veg to accompany it would be lovely...this may necessitate another ‘airport sign’ visit to the greengrocer’s.
My thoughts are with those bearing troubles and worries. Have the best day you can. x

harrigran Tue 02-Feb-21 09:08:24

Good morning from a sleety NE.
Nothing of importance to do today so I will catch up on tidying up and maybe make some soup.
Must check my premium bonds, I usually do quite well with prize money.
Sorry to hear you are under par Marydoll, be kind to yourself.

Grandmafrench Tue 02-Feb-21 09:11:52

Good Morning everyone. Taking a break for a while. Just wanted to say thrilled you’re ok and still chamberpotting, Pants; come back soon Mick and to anyone down in the dumps, please have a better day and try really hard to find something/anything to cheer. Stay really safe ....at least until I’m back to nag you to stay safe, all over again.
?‍♀️?

EkwaNimitee Tue 02-Feb-21 09:23:41

Good Morning to All from the gloomy and miserable Cumbrian coast. Our first snow has arrived...large wet flakes half-heartedly settling so I'm hoping it will go away. I was supposed to be going out to collect a prescription but as it can wait, I'm staying in the warm. I shall try to boot myself up to do some housework though this sort of weather makes me feel like devoting myself to the computer and my books.
I'm another who loves reading Sheepandcattle's posts. I rather envy the farming life even though I know it can be a hard and stressful one at times. Seeing the babies coming along makes us feel that spring must be near. A cheering thought.

gillgran Tue 02-Feb-21 09:23:56

Good Morning to you all from a dull & wet Cambs., a lot of rain overnight, our already saturated garden has big puddles again.!
Thank you Marydoll (& the poster who cannot be named), for the update on Mick. We all miss him & wish him well.
I hope that you also get the help you need.

I, too, like to hear about the farming ladies busy life.
I come from farming "stock", here we are surrounded by farmland, but also, ( like Greyduster), it's mainly arable.

I am due to get my first dose of the vaccine this morning, I'm excited about that. I'm also looking forward to be able to have a 24 mile round trip out in the car!! (that shows what a boring life I'm leading at the moment!)

My warm wishes to you all,

Take Care Folks.

Anniebach Tue 02-Feb-21 09:24:03

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

granfromafar Tue 02-Feb-21 09:28:09

Morning to all from a slightly brighter west Kent. Didn't sleep so well so had a lay in. Always get off to sleep easily but after a bathroom visit, couldn't get back off again for ages ? Hopefully just a phase.
Love the calves pic sheepandcattle. They have the same birthday as my new gradndson. (Thanks for all the good wishes yesterday).
Lovely to hear of a premium bonds win.
Off for a non-symptom covid test today after getting a message from NHS asking people to book. Will let you know how it goes.