Gransnet forums

Chat

When you win the lottery

(84 Posts)
Lizbethann55 Thu 04-Feb-21 20:08:29

If you are like me and play the lottery, you will know exactly how you are going to spend your mega million pound winnings. But before you help all your family and friends, find a cure for all the worst diseases, help the planet, save the world and then go on the holiday of a lifetime , what will be your first treat yourself cos you can purchase? I intend to empty my knicker draw into the bin. All those with the over stretched elastic. The white ones which are grey from being in the wrong wash. The ones where the fabric is so worn they are virtually in holes. And the ones you most definitely don't want to be wearing when you get run over by the proverbial bus. Then I will replace them all. Nothing too fancy. M&S will do nicely, but the individual ones not the multi packs. I might even buy matching bras too.

BigBertha1 Tue 12-Jul-22 08:58:06

Definitely a sports car - my husband will hate it- double bonus. grin

HowVeryDareYou Tue 12-Jul-22 08:38:13

A new car. Mine is scraped, dented and needs a new clutch. The driver's door locks sometimes but not others. It gets me from A to B, though.

NannyJan53 Tue 12-Jul-22 05:26:30

Reported

rowanflower0 Sun 07-Feb-21 15:56:32

Made to measure shoes - after having my corns and hard skin seem to.

LizM567 Sat 06-Feb-21 19:39:00

I would buy the softest most luxurious bed and fabulous bed linen. Then I would have all my shoes made for me to ensure maximum comfort.

CocoPops Sat 06-Feb-21 03:01:12

I would give myself permission to be extravagant for once, then my next flight to the UK will be First Class with taxi all the way to my son's house.

Legs55 Sat 06-Feb-21 00:51:27

A new car for DD

Someone to sort out my garden

New shed with a small chest freezer in it

Greenhouse

Decorator to do my ceilings

New car, 4x4 so I can get out in the snow & ice

I only do Thunderball so £500,00 is max win.

Would love to buy DD a suitable property for her, DiL & my 2 DGSs, bungalow preferably with a garden

Hil1910 Sat 06-Feb-21 00:46:30

I’d engage a personal trainer to help me loose the lockdown weight I’ve gained. Then a visit once covid restrictions are lifted to Australia as it’s my husband’s wish to watch all of the Ashes test matches. A private jet to make the journey would also be on my wish list.

OPgrndtr Fri 05-Feb-21 22:30:07

I would also hire a Personal Trainer. Then buy a wonderful new wardrobe to fit my revised body.

ALANaV Fri 05-Feb-21 21:28:49

I would buy two or three of those gorgeous looking luxury retirement village bungalows ....one for me, and two for friends who could never afford the £700,000 they cost for a 2 bed !! then I would buy a row of houses for the Salvation Army to house deserving people or veterans who are homeless ...then the Lifeboat and other charities .....then buy myself a chauffeur and a nice car (and a house for the chauffeur !) .....and then some new clothes for me .....and employ a private detective to get me some photos of the grandson who is now nearly 6 and whom I have never seen .........ah well...I DID win the lottery this week ....I won a free ticket for Saturday's game !!! who says I;m a loser grin

Elvis58 Fri 05-Feb-21 21:26:45

I would have someone to wash and change my bed linen everyday!
The joy of getting into fresh bedding every night.

bongobil Fri 05-Feb-21 19:57:31

A car as I dont have one at the moment and cant see me being able to afford one anytime soon! Then a holiday lol

Lizbethann55 Fri 05-Feb-21 19:46:14

Oh Nicegranny that is so kind. That is obviously why you are a nice granny! I will share my winnings with everyone who has sent their suggestions. Though by the time I have saved the world, there may not be much left!

Catterygirl Fri 05-Feb-21 18:03:29

Struggling to think of something small whilst I get my head around the big win. In normal times, I would book a lovely luxury Hotel nearby to stay in whilst we decide what to do.

Soupy Fri 05-Feb-21 17:54:48

I actually do know someone who won the Lottery and they still live in the same house!

Nicegranny Fri 05-Feb-21 17:30:56

I would send Lizbethan a nice cheque in the post for a shopping spree in M & S to buy new knickers and what ever else she wanted!

Buy a country estate with stables
A few horses
Small herds of cows
An assortment of rescue dogs
Employ staff
Financial advisers to help set up businesses
I would aid homeless projects
Build nursing homes for elderly people
New knees, hip replacements and shoulder joints
Face lift
Tummy tuck
Liposuction
Hair transplant
Teeth implants
My own live in physio
Obviously I would have sorted out the family and friends

It would have to be a mahoosive win ?

Rosiebee Fri 05-Feb-21 17:09:02

A house within walking distance of our nearest village. I sometimes go on Right Move and look for my dream home in that area. Would need to win lottery to move there. I now live within walking distance of a bus stop that can take me to the village.

Zoe2020 Fri 05-Feb-21 16:50:11

Get someone to order 12 pairs online from M&S and when they arrive, do it now LizB as it will make you feel wonderful! Live for today is the only way to live now.

Bijou Fri 05-Feb-21 15:58:51

Have never bought a lottery ticket.

hulahoop Fri 05-Feb-21 15:11:50

Goodasgold12

My dream has always been to own an indoor hewted swimming pool just for me! ?

Same here but I would need a bigger house to fit it in .

Froglady Fri 05-Feb-21 14:41:17

I would buy a small camper van and then I can travel wherever I want to without having to find a b & b to stay in at night.
Then I would buy myself a bungalow - it would be the first property I will have ever owned and I'm 67.

Lizbethann55 Fri 05-Feb-21 14:36:49

Loving this! I see that I am not alone in choosing undies as our first "little, but a treat" buy. Paperbackwriter you are so right!! Having thrown away yet another pair of way past their best knickers, I have just been on the M&S site and ordered some new ones. And not multi pack ones!!! Now I need a new "straight away treat " buy for tomorrow when I hear about my 100 million pound win. Oh! How wonderful it is to dream!!

Callistemon Fri 05-Feb-21 13:52:55

I have all sorts of plans, helping family, renovating the house and garden, travel first class, donate to certain charities etc.

But I'd have to buy a ticket first

Mistymoocake Fri 05-Feb-21 13:51:01

Book into a health farm for a couple of months to start to shift the weight and swim every day

knspol Fri 05-Feb-21 13:50:13

Always promised myself that if I had a big win I'd first of all put aside half of it for different charities, whether I'd actually be tempted to do otherwise remains to be seen. Then I think I'd get a personal trainer to sort me out and maybe a really good dentist to give me a set of (pain free) implants. After that it would be family all the way.