Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(136 Posts)
12Michael Fri 05-Feb-21 06:08:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark ,and looks cold and frosty outside this morning here in Brackley .
Having returned from 8 days in Hospital , which started with a mini heart attack , heart rate 191 , I was rushed to the banbury Horton Hospital , where I have undergone various, blood tests etc , with slight changes in medication due to condition , The Hospital was not one of the most enjoyable places to be thanks to Covid , but the NHS ticks on regardless .
I did get tested 3 times whilst there all negative .
Have returned a mail backlog both online and normal post , have to arrange my jab as well .
Take Care ,
Mick

Auntieflo Fri 05-Feb-21 13:12:25

I have skip read , and so will go back and catch up shortly, I just wanted to say. Good afternoon Mick, so nice to have you back. Please take care of yourself. To Annie and all.
Also thanks to GrandMattie, for opening up in the last few days

Also, I would like to say a big thank you to all who have wished me well for this morning. It means such a lot. ?

The news I had was not good really, I have cancer deposits on my bones, mostly in my hip. So now I have to wait to go for a CT scan and bone biopsy, and maybe a tissue one as well. The Dr we saw is lovely, and took as much time as we needed to ask all sorts of questions. I was scared and apprehensive, and will have to wait for the results . I will then be offered a treatment plan. So, I now wait . DH and DD came with me and so maybe took in more than I may have done.

I do hope I haven't put a dampener on this lovely warm thread, but I do welcome any thoughts from people who have had similar.

Am enjoying a welcome coffee just now, that we are back home, and a piece or two if the Baklava that DD gave me in the car park, with Walnut Whips and a bowl of budding bulbs.

See you all soon.

Callistemon Fri 05-Feb-21 13:32:24

Welcome back Mick and I hope you're on the road to recovery now, take care.
Your Aide-de-Camp did an excellent job in your absence.

Auntieflo I am sorry to hear your news and hope the treatment plan can be sorted and underway asap. flowers

Best wishes to everyone from what was a sunny S Wales until we had a sudden sharp shower a few minutes ago. It looks as if it could be an afternoon of rain now.

Scentia Fri 05-Feb-21 13:38:36

Auntieflo. I am sorry to hear it is not the news you wanted. We have a wonderful NHS as I am sure you know. I pray that a treatment plan is in place sooner rather than later.xx

Feelingmyage55 Fri 05-Feb-21 13:56:01

auntieflo. Thinking about you. ?

mrshat Fri 05-Feb-21 13:57:26

A warm welcome back Mick and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. Thanks to GM for excellent AdC performance.
Another’follower’ and occasional poster here, from the Herts/Bucks border.
Lovely sunshine and birdsong to start the day but rapidly clouding over now.
Best wishes to all, particularly those with sickness, troubles or worries. Keep safe and well.

TopsyIrene06 Fri 05-Feb-21 14:01:42

Welcome back Mick. Love your daily updates thank you.
Auntie Flo, Thinking of you.

dragonfly46 Fri 05-Feb-21 14:05:40

Thank you for coming back Auntieflo I was with you all the way.
It makes such a difference to see a sympathetic doctor although the news was not good. A treatment plan sounds good though and something which I am sure will help. The best news I had when I was diagnosed was that it was treatable.
I hope you feel better after your Baklava flowers

Urmstongran Fri 05-Feb-21 14:06:03

Auntieflo I’m so very sorry that you were given bad news. But where there’s life, there’s hope. The medics have amazing technology at their fingertips these days and what would at one time have been a poor prognosis is no longer the case. The fact that your excellent team will be putting together a treatment package speaks volumes. Also I remember reading years ago that the older we get, the less active our cells are and so cancer does not replicate as fast in the older population.

I think you are pretty awesome to be honest. I sincerely hope you are kept well for a long long time. x

mrswoo Fri 05-Feb-21 14:19:11

Welcome back Mick - I don't post often but I do follow this thread most days (usually a bit late in the day). I am so glad you are back home and hopefully taking it easy.

Auntieflo flowers

EllanVannin Fri 05-Feb-21 14:33:42

Auntieflo you're one brave lady. flowers In my thoughts x

Sparklefizz Fri 05-Feb-21 14:37:53

Auntieflo I have just read your post and am so sorry to hear that you've had bad news this morning. I am a two-times cancer survivor myself so I understand the shock and sickening feeling at being given this news.

Many people live with cancer these days which once upon a time would not have been the case. A friend is now living with the one that killed my Dad 20 years ago, and is strong and pretty fit.

As Urms says above, it's good news that your medical team are putting together a treatment package for you which is a very positive step. The technology is astonishing these days, and I hope you can benefit from it and carry on for many more years.

My very warmest wishes to you. flowers flowers flowers

Cat4 Fri 05-Feb-21 14:51:45

Lovely to see you're back Mick. My first post on this thread but read it every day (not always in the morning). I really enjoy reading about everyone’s days.

Scottydog6857 Fri 05-Feb-21 15:12:17

Glad to hear you are making a recovery from your heart problems, and I wish you all the best for your continuing recovery! ?
I myself had a similar experience, having recently been diagnosed with unstable angina! I was sent up to the hospital for tests, investigations etc. and they wanted me to stay in! However, I made it quite clear to my GP before going up there, that under no circumstances was I staying in hospital as an inpatient! ?
I am a retired Senior Nurse with a career spanning over 30 years and I was a Ward Sister before I was out of my 20s! I had to retire early due to health problems. I absolutely hate being retired, over 60 and I take as little medication as I can get away with! ?? I have had the misfortune to have to be in hospital twice in the last 2 years, and I wasn't one bit impressed with the care I received, or what I saw other patients receive! ?. The only way I will be going back into hospital is if I am unconscious! I have an Advance Decision to Refuse Treatment set up, which includes a DNR order, and my family are fully aware of my wishes.
Not everyone feels the way I do, and I don't expect them to! ?. I am an only child and lost both my parents to cancer at an age younger than I am now. My father only lived 14 months from diagnosis, despite aggressive treatment. As a result, when my mum got cancer, she refused all treatment (she was a nurse, like myself). She lasted a lot longer than my dad, and even although she was terminally ill, she managed to look after herself and live independently. However, she then had a heart attack, at home!? The paramedics were called out by her GP and on the way to hospital, she had a cardiac arrest! ? Despite the fact she was terminally ill, she had CPR carried out, and sustained 5 broken ribs. She was then forced to endure a hospital stay of 8 weeks, where the terminal care she received was zero - until I intervened, the day before she passed away! ???
It's been well over 20 years since I lost my mum, but to this day I am traumatised by what she endured in her final weeks. ?. My mum was of a generation where women were taught not to complain, and she was very much a lady! Thankfully, I am nothing like her! ?.
I am aware that I can be a difficult customer, but no healthcare professional is going to force me to have treatment that I neither want or need! I am nearly 64, so I do hope to be on this Earth for a little bit longer, but in my experience, sometimes the treatment is worse than the actual illness! Having the level of knowledge that I do sometimes has its disadvantages! Sending you every good wish for the future! ?

Grandmabatty Fri 05-Feb-21 15:14:26

Auntieflo ?. I'm sorry you didn't have better news.

brook2704 Fri 05-Feb-21 15:16:34

Sorry to hear your worrying news auntieflo and I hope you get the best treatment possible ?

Harris27 Fri 05-Feb-21 15:20:31

Coming late to the show. Welcome back mick and glad to hear your doing ok. I do post occasionally and missed your morning thread. Look after yourself and glad you got the treatment you needed in these worrying times. I’m still off work isolating day ten is Sunday but won’t be dashing out till I need to. Take care all.

Pantglas2 Fri 05-Feb-21 15:21:31

So sad to read your news AuntieFlo ? and I’m sure your DH and DD will fill in the gaps of what you took in - take it easy x

Harris27 Fri 05-Feb-21 15:29:02

Just read auntieflos thread and wish her well. I’ve always had such excellent care from the NHS so I hope you do too.x

Stilllearning Fri 05-Feb-21 15:51:00

Auntieflo, sending ?? and prayers. Glad there is a treatment plan being put in place, best wishes x

Jaxjacky Fri 05-Feb-21 16:14:03

Aubtieflo a lot to take in, but an empathetic Dr and a treatment plan on the way. My best wishes to you ?

LauraNorder Fri 05-Feb-21 16:21:07

flowers Auntieflo, you must be feeling shell shocked at the moment. Glad to hear a treatment plan is in the offing. Everything Urmstongran said is true.
I’m thinking of you and wish you all the very best x

grandMattie Fri 05-Feb-21 16:29:06

Auntieflo, sorry to hear your news. At least you know why you are in pain. I’m sure, especially since the doctors were so kind, that you will receive best treatment. Good luck ????

Grammaretto Fri 05-Feb-21 16:48:52

I was sorry to hear your news too Auntieflo and hope the treatment plan works well for you. There is so much that can be done now. Cancer is not the death sentence it used to be.
New treatments are being developed all the time.
I am glad you are being looked after flowers

gillgran Fri 05-Feb-21 16:57:34

*Auntieflo]So sorry that you didn't get the news we had all hoped for.
I do hope that you get the treatment plan that is best for you.
Kind thoughts & warm wishes, flowers

Gagagran Fri 05-Feb-21 17:01:43

Auntieflo I tried to PM you but apparently you are not taking PMs just now.

I wanted to send my kindest regards and thoughts to you. Remember Captain Tom's motto - "Tomorrow will be a good day" and try and hang on to that. There will be a treatment plan very soon and you can be sure that your medical team will do their very best for you.

Sending a virtual hug along with these virtual flowers.flowersx